Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

God's Truth

GT, like so many others, misunderstand scripture to mean what it does not actually say. Therefore, she and others, are very confused and support false doctrines (like her "figures" nonsense, see my signature.).

She get the "only the father is God" from 1 Cor 8:6. If she follows her foolish logic to its logical conclusion, then the Father is not Lord.

Note that 1 Cor 8:6 is NOT say that "only the Father is God".

The Father is the Lord.

The scripture says there is only one God and he is the Father.

The word 'God' is singular. The word 'God' is not plural.

When Jesus says he is I am, he is saying what God the Father says in the Old Testament.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Bible says there is only one God and he is the Father.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all,

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father,

Malachi 2:10
"Do we not all have one father? Has not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously each against his brother so as to profane the covenant of our fathers?
[h=1]John 14:23 King James Version (KJV)[/h]
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Father and Son. Two different persons. More than one. Rethink your theology.

God's Truth

[h=1]John 14:23 King James Version (KJV)[/h]
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Father and Son. Two different persons. More than one. Rethink your theology.

That is the scripture that made me learn that the Father and Jesus are the same.

Jesus says that he himself will live in us---and the Father. We are only given one Spirit when we are saved, so that one Spirit is the Father and the Son.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
The people who say Jesus is not God, they are not saying Jesus is not God the Father, they are saying Jesus isn't God period.

To whom are you referring by your phrase, "God period"? To God the Father? If not to God the Father, then, to whom are you referring. Whom, according to you, are they saying Jesus isn't, when they say "Jesus isn't God period"?

God's Truth

To whom are you referring by your phrase, "God period"? To God the Father? If not to God the Father, then, to whom are you referring. Whom, according to you, are they saying Jesus isn't, when they say "Jesus isn't God period"?

There are people who say Jesus isn't God. They are not just saying Jesus isn't God the Father. They are saying Jesus isn't God according to the trinity doctrine either.

The trinity doctrine says God is a combination of three different and separate Persons which make one God.

7djengo7

There are people who say Jesus isn't God. They are not just saying Jesus isn't God the Father. They are saying Jesus isn't God according to the trinity doctrine either.

The trinity doctrine says God is a combination of three different and separate Persons which make one God.

You did not answer the question I asked you. Perhaps you didn't see it. Here it is, again:

To whom are you referring by your phrase, "God period"? To God the Father? If not to God the Father, then, to whom are you referring? Whom, according to you, are they saying Jesus isn't, when they say "Jesus isn't God period"?

God's Truth

You did not answer the question I asked you. Perhaps you didn't see it. Here it is, again:

To whom are you referring by your phrase, "God period"? To God the Father? If not to God the Father, then, to whom are you referring? Whom, according to you, are they saying Jesus isn't, when they say "Jesus isn't God period"?

How do you get that I didn't answer? Explain to me then what I am talking about?

God's Truth

They are saying Jesus isn't God as the Father, and that Jesus isn't God as a son either.

7djengo7

How do you get that I didn't answer? Explain to me then what I am talking about?

That's just the thing, see: I don't assume that you're talking about anyone or anything. When someone says to me, "Jesus is not God", and they can't specify to whom (if anyone) they are referring by their use of the word, "God", why should I assume that they are even referring to anyone? Why should I assume they are talking about someone?

So far, you've said to me that people who say "Jesus is not God" are saying "Jesus is not God period", and I've asked you to whom (if anyone) you are referring by your phrase, "God period", and you've not answered my question. Are you referring to someone by your phrase, "God period"? If so, then to whom are you referring?