Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

StanJ

Are you saying Jesus is as great as His Father?

Jesus IS the Father and He says the same to you as He did to Philip.

“Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.

Don't you know Him meshak?

StanJ

Your misinterpreting scripture.
Jesus NEVER called himself God. But Christ is God's first creation. But he is a creation who the Father gave great powers. Christ told you in very plain terms that his Father is the only true God but you would rather listen to men who tell you he is God. Paganism took over the church in the second century, you still live by their evil doctrines.

You've been shown time and time again that He does, so obviously the problem with interpretation, actually just plain reading, is YOURS.

keypurr

Why are you talking around the scriptures?

In the Old Testament, God calls HIMSELF THE FIRST AND THE LAST. That is exactly what Jesus calls himself in Revelation!

Isaiah 44:6 "This is what the LORD says--Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

JESUS calls HIMSELF the FIRST and the LAST in Revelation 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

Read Revelation 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Jesus calls himself the SAME EXACT name that God calls Himself. So then, why do you have a problem with my calling Jesus God?

You need to study John 17 GT. Read it slow and see what your Lord says about his God.

God sent his son to be with us, not himself. Your not seeing that. Christ said if you believe in God, believe in me also. Jesus is telling you that he is not God. He said that his Father is greater than ALL. god, the Father, elevated Christ to Lord of all creation. God and Christ are two separate beings. One is God and one is Lord. You will not learn that in church but it is in scripture.

keypurr

You are one lost soul friend, even though I know that you know the truth.

Not so BR, I have been blessed with the understanding that I prayed to get for many years. God has shown me where the missing pieces were hiding. I know you do not understand me or you would never call me lost.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not so BR, I have been blessed with the understanding that I prayed to get for many years. God has shown me where the missing pieces were hiding. I know you do not understand me or you would never call me lost.

NO but I do agree you got what you wanted.

keypurr

Jesus IS the Father and He says the same to you as He did to Philip.

“Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.

Don't you know Him meshak?

No, Jesus is not the Father.

Did he not say if you believe in God believe in me also?

Does that ring a bell for you?

When he prayed to his Father was he praying to himself?

Do you think at all Stan?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I have to agree with you here Keypurr. Jesus is not the Father, He is the Son.

keypurr

You've been shown time and time again that He does, so obviously the problem with interpretation, actually just plain reading, is YOURS.

No you have told me that he said he was God but you can not show me where he said it.

Back up your statement with scripture, if not, maybe you should sit and learn.

keypurr

I have to agree with you here Keypurr. Jesus is not the Father, He is the Son.

Amen my friend. I wish with all my heart you could see what God has given me to share. I understand how hard it is to change your traditions that have meant so much to you for so long. I went through that myself. God became first in my life, that brought tears to and from my loved ones who could not agree with what I had to do. But to be honest with myself, I needed to follow my Lord in the way I thought best. My love for God, Christ and mankind will follow me to my grave. I will not promote hatred to blend on with this world. God is love, not greed.

BR we disagree but that is OK, you do what you have to do.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Amen my friend. I wish with all my heart you could see what God has given me to share. I understand how hard it is to change your traditions that have meant so much to you for so long. I went through that myself. God became first in my life, that brought tears to and from my loved ones who could not agree with what I had to do. But to be honest with myself, I needed to follow my Lord in the way I thought best. My love for God, Christ and mankind will follow me to my grave. I will not promote hatred to blend on with this world. God is love, not greed.

BR we disagree but that is OK, you do what you have to do.

Yes we do and it is OK for me. Seek Him with all of your heart and you will find Him.

StanJ

That you fail to understand who the Bible says Jesus IS and who He also says He is, has been clearly established for a long time now keypurr.
That you cannot see the context of when Jesus the Man, the only begotten Son of God speaks and when Jesus as God incarnate speaks is your problem. Is 9:6 (NIV) John 8:58 (NIV)

keypurr

That you fail to understand who the Bible says Jesus IS and who He also says He is, has been clearly established for a long time now keypurr.
That you cannot see the context of when Jesus the Man, the only begotten Son of God speaks and when Jesus as God incarnate speaks is your problem. Is 9:6 (NIV) John 8:58 (NIV)

The Bible says that Jesus is the son of God.

You say he is God.

Who should I believe?

Stan or Jesus?

You fail again Stan.

God sent his SON, not himself.

CHR_Iam_IST

You need to study John 17 GT. Read it slow and see what your Lord says about his God.

If John 17 was all there is to THE WORD of GOD (Scripture), you'd have this debate wrapped up in your favor . . . but let's look as some other passages, and see what else Scripture teaches about JESUS CHRIST being GOD!

It is easy to understand how JESUS CHRIST is GOD if one first answer the question(s), "What [part] of GOD [THE FATHER] is not GOD?"

Is not GOD'S WORD (JESUS CHRIST - John 1:1-3, 14; John 8:58) as much GOD as GOD IS GOD?

Is not GOD'S POWER (THE HOLY GHOST/SPIRIT - Luke 1:35; Acts 5:4) as much GOD as GOD IS GOD?

GOD'S POWER (THE HOLY GHOST/SPIRIT) is subject to GOD'S WORD (JESUS CHRIST); GOD'S WORD (JESUS CHRIST) is subject to GOD HIMSELF, THE FATHER.
This can be spiritually seen in, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (Genesis 1:1-3 KJ2000)"

The reason JESUS CHRIST IS both GOD and Man is because:
1) ONLY GOD can satisfy GOD (Romans 8:3; 3:10-12);
2) GOD, at the Creation, gave "dominion" of planet earth to man[kind] (Genesis 1:26-28);
3) THE PERFECT GOD/MAN had to reconcile fallen mankind back to GOD (Isaiah 9:6-7; John 3:16-17; 1John 4:14).

keypurr

If John 17 was all there is to THE WORD of GOD (Scripture), you'd have this debate wrapped up in your favor . . . but let's look as some other passages, and see what else Scripture teaches about JESUS CHRIST being GOD!

Welcome to TOL be advised that most do not agree with me and that is OK, we can still be friends.

Lets see what you got:

It is easy to understand how JESUS CHRIST is GOD if one first answer the question(s), "What [part] of GOD [THE FATHER] is not GOD?"

The Father is the ONLY true God.

Is not GOD'S WORD (JESUS CHRIST - John 1:1-3, 14; John 8:58) as much GOD as GOD IS GOD?

The WORD or logos in John 1 is not Jesus.

Is not GOD'S POWER (THE HOLY GHOST/SPIRIT - Luke 1:35; Acts 5:4) as much GOD as GOD IS GOD?

I see that as the power God uses

GOD'S POWER (THE HOLY GHOST/SPIRIT) is subject to GOD'S WORD (JESUS CHRIST); GOD'S WORD (JESUS CHRIST) is subject to GOD HIMSELF, THE FATHER.

This can be spiritually seen in, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (Genesis 1:1-3 KJ2000)"

Could the spirit of God be the express image of the Father in Heb1:3? He would be a spiritual son that was with God at the creation.

The reason JESUS CHRIST IS both GOD and Man is because:
1) ONLY GOD can satisfy GOD (Romans 8:3; 3:10-12);
2) GOD, at the Creation, gave "dominion" of planet earth to man[kind] (Genesis 1:26-28);
3) THE PERFECT GOD/MAN had to reconcile fallen mankind back to GOD (Isaiah 9:6-7; John 3:16-17; 1John 4:14).

1) I can not agree with you on this. Jesus was a man, born of a human. He is the body prepared for the express image of the father. Given the fullness of the Father he is a created form or God.

2) Agree

3) Jesus, a man with the spirit Christ dwelling in him. However there is no such thing as a God-Man. I see Christ and Jesus as two, one human one spirit. The spirit (word) became flesh.

As I said before welcome to TOL, you will find a lot of good folks here.

God's Truth

God sent his son to be with us, not himself. Your not seeing that. Christ said if you believe in God, believe in me also. Jesus is telling you that he is not God. He said that his Father is greater than ALL. god, the Father, elevated Christ to Lord of all creation. God and Christ are two separate beings. One is God and one is Lord. You will not learn that in church but it is in scripture.

Of course, God is greater than a Man; however, God did not pretend to come as a Man, He really did come as a Man.

Stop throwing away scripture. Jesus says he is the First and the Last, and that is the exact thing that God calls Himself.

CHR_Iam_IST

Welcome to TOL be advised that most do not agree with me and that is OK, we can still be friends.

Lets see what you got:

The Father is the ONLY true God.

The WORD or logos in John 1 is not Jesus.

I see that as the power God uses

Could the spirit of God be the express image of the Father in Heb1:3? He would be a spiritual son that was with God at the creation.

1) I can not agree with you on this. Jesus was a man, born of a human. He is the body prepared for the express image of the father. Given the fullness of the Father he is a created form or God.

2) Agree

3) Jesus, a man with the spirit Christ dwelling in him. However there is no such thing as a God-Man. I see Christ and Jesus as two, one human one spirit. The spirit (word) became flesh.

As I said before welcome to TOL, you will find a lot of good folks here.

Thank you for the welcome, as well as the offer of Friendship, that's very kind of you.

I see though, that you didn't answer my initial question, "What [part] of GOD [THE FATHER] is not GOD?"

Its okay, because the resounding answer is There is NO part of GOD that is not GOD; HIS WORD IS GOD; HIS POWER IS GOD . . . and I showed you that using Scripture . . . something you DID NOT do in your attempted rebuttal; in fact, the only reference to Scripture you make in your rebuttal is your attempt to negate JESUS' Divinity as written of in John 1 (1-3,14), along with your question regarding one phrase from Hebrews 1:3, which, by the way, begins with "Who (JESUS) being the brightness of his (GOD'S) glory, and" . . . the "and" meaning that you can't address what comes after it without first addressing what comes before it.

Ergo, you cannot be "the brightness of his (GOD'S) glory..." without first being as Divine as GOD IS DIVINE; which is why JESUS CHRIST IS "the express image of his (GOD'S) person..."

I like the way you chose carefully to state that "Jesus was a man, born of a human." The fact that JESUS had just one ("a") human parent (a virgin named Mary) makes HIM 100% Human, without sin . . . but since GOD'S WORD (Luke 1:38) via THE HOLY GHOST impregnated Mary, that makes JESUS CHRIST, THE WORD of GOD (Revelation 19:13), also, 100% GOD, since NO PART of GOD IS NOT GOD!

But back to John 1, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
And the Word (the "Logos", as you stated it) was made flesh (became JESUS CHRIST), and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (John 1:1-14 KJ2000)"

Keypurr, Scripture is very clear that:
1) GOD'S WORD is GOD ("the Word was God");
2) JESUS CHRIST was/is THE WORD of GOD ("the Word (the "Logos", as you stated it) was made flesh") and ("And he was clothed with a robe dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. Revelation 19:13 KJ2000");
3) JESUS CHRIST IS GOD ("For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 KJV").