Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

keypurr

Good for you, and this is the basis of how one SHOULD read the Bible. If all of it is true, which we believe, then it needs to be treated as such, which means Jesus is not JUST the Son of God and that the Father is His Father, but that He is ALSO God incarnate. Something that is not hard at all for our TRUE God to be.

When, do you think, Jesus became God?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear All,

Jesus is just like God, but He is the Son of God, not God. God said there is no other God except Me. So yes, I think that Jesus can act just like God and is practically the same person, just like twins, in looks and in Spirit, and in beliefs, and power. But God is One. Don't let the devil trip you up on things. Jesus was called the Son of God, the Great Redeemer, etc. This was written in the Bible. I can't quite remember where, but hopefully you know what I mean. It is what He was being called before He was even born and also when He was born. He is the Son of God, not God. Jesus always referred to God, as His Father. I see why He did. Why don't you. Are you hung up on something in John 1:1? You remember that Jesus prayed to His Father saying something about the glory He had before 'this world was.' If you need me to look up the scripture, get in touch with me on my Creation thread. I've already been through the quotes that you say, but it doesn't change that fact. Jesus was Jesus Christ even when He was 12 years old, and even while He was in Mary's womb. God loves His Son Jesus, extremely much and more as is possible. OK, going to close for now.

God Be With All Of You And Deliver You From Temptation,

Michael

keypurr

Dear All,

Jesus is just like God, but He is the Son of God, not God. God said there is no other God except Me. So yes, I think that Jesus can act just like God and is practically the same person, just like twins, in looks and in Spirit, and in beliefs, and power. But God is One. Don't let the devil trip you up on things. Jesus was called the Son of God, the Great Redeemer, etc. This was written in the Bible. I can't quite remember where, but hopefully you know what I mean. It is what He was being called before He was even born and also when He was born. He is the Son of God, not God. Jesus always referred to God, as His Father. I see why He did. Why don't you. Are you hung up on something in John 1:1? You remember that Jesus prayed to His Father saying something about the glory He had before 'this world was.' If you need me to look up the scripture, get in touch with me on my Creation thread. I've already been through the quotes that you say, but it doesn't change that fact. Jesus was Jesus Christ even when He was 12 years old, and even while He was in Mary's womb. God loves His Son Jesus, extremely much and more as is possible. OK, going to close for now.

God Be With All Of You And Deliver You From Temptation,

Michael

Good post Michael, the only thing I see in a different way is Jesus became the Christ when he was anointed with Christ at his baptism. Early church fathers have distorted this fact. Christ is the created spiritual son of God. But, as you say, that does not make him God. Only his father is God.
Blessing Michael

StanJ

Then you give up, ok

I give up trying to make YOU understand. You are completely apostate and will not learn. My answers are now reserved for those who WANT to learn, UNLIKE you. I will however not stop refuting your assertion, whether you accept them or not is NOT a concern for me.

StanJ

I feel like its rly pointless to debate this hehe

Well not really, as long as you don't expect positive results from him.
Consider it an exercise in pagan missionary work and defending God's written word from false teaching. :wave:

genuineoriginal

I don't see the rationale to exercise such a thing. God wants us to expose the word of God and to convict them using his word doubtlessly. I agree with that. Looking at how lengthy these threads are I think the argument has been sufficiently constructed for the defense of Jesus being God. You can keep telling them but repetition does very little when in response they use the opportunity to defend their position even if their thought process is skewed. I feel the way people go about it is wrong. You need to strike at their thought patterns and that would need people to dissect their arguments in a way they can understand even if they don't agree.

*I am making an assumption that they have been at this awhile

Using the Bible to argue against antiTrinitarianism will not work because the verses that show the Trinity are sparse and hide the Trinity more than reveal it but the verses that show the Father, the Messiah, and the Holy Spirit as separate beings are plentiful.

Any person that takes a literal interpretation of the Bible will not be persuaded by the verses that allegorically speak of the Trinity.

It is a good thing that belief in the Trinity is not a condition for salvation.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Using the Bible to argue against antiTrinitarianism will not work because the verses that show the Trinity are sparse and hide the Trinity more than reveal it but the verses that show the Father, the Messiah, and the Holy Spirit as separate beings are plentiful.

Any person that takes a literal interpretation of the Bible will not be persuaded by the verses that allegorically speak of the Trinity.

It is a good thing that belief in the Trinity is not a condition for salvation.
And what makes you think that belief in the Trinity is not essential for salvation? Can someone have salvation with an improper interpretation of the nature of God?

genuineoriginal

And what makes you think that belief in the Trinity is not essential for salvation?
What does Paul say?

Romans 10:8-10
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

Do you believe in your heart that God raised the Lord Jesus from the dead?
Or do you believe that God had no need to raise Himself from the dead because He is God?

Can someone have salvation with an improper interpretation of the nature of God?
Jesus said nothing about having to have a "proper" interpretation of the nature of God in order to be saved.
That came from the Church of Rome under Augustine and Constantine.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What does Paul say?

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.​

Or do you believe that God had no need to raise Himself from the dead because He is God?

Jesus said nothing about having to have a "proper" interpretation of the nature of God in order to be saved.

I'll just pretend I didn't read this. According to it you don't need to know who Jesus is in order to be saved.

genuineoriginal

I'll just pretend I didn't read this. According to it you don't need to know who Jesus is in order to be saved.
Isn't Jesus the Son of God?

Do you believe the record that God gave of His Son?

1 John 5:10
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.​

Like I said earlier, it is impossible to convince anyone to believe in the Trinity if that person takes a literal interpretation of the Bible.

There are too many verses that show that God and Jesus are not the same being, when those verses are taken at face value.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Isn't Jesus the Son of God?

Do you believe the record that God gave of His Son?

1 John 5:10
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.​

Like I said earlier, it is impossible to convince anyone to believe in the Trinity if that person takes a literal interpretation of the Bible.

There are too many verses that show that God and Jesus are not the same being, when those verses are taken at face value.
I think it is you who needs to bear witness to the record. Was it not you who said that knowing the nature of God is not necessary for salvation?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
What does Paul say?

Trinity believers don't understand simple explanation of Jesus' identity.

It just escapes them.