Jesus is God !

Elia

yahweh is another word for God. Jesus Christ is God

Bs'd

Y-H-W-H is the NAME of God:

The name of God, Y-H-W-H, appears in the Hebrew Bible almost 7000 times. In translations this is usually replaced with "the LORD".

But here is what is the name of God, with the four lettered name of God transliterated as it is in the original Hebrew text:

The name of God, Y-H-W-H, appears in the Hebrew Bible almost 7000 times. In translations this is usually replaced with "the LORD".

But here is what is the name of God, with the four lettered name of God transliterated as it is in the original Hebrew text:

Isaiah 47:4
Our Redeemer, Y-H-W-H of hosts is His name, The Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 47:4
Our Redeemer, Y-H-W-H of hosts is His name, The Holy One of Israel.

Isaiah 48:2
“For they call themselves after the holy city And lean on the God of Israel; Y-H-W-H of hosts is His name.

Jeremiah 48:15
“Moab has been destroyed and men have gone up to his cities; His choicest young men have also gone down to the slaughter,” Declares the King, whose name is Y-H-W-H of hosts.

Jeremiah 50:34 “Their Redeemer is strong,Y-H-W-H of hosts is His name;

Jeremiah 51:19
The portion of Jacob is not like these; For the Maker of all is He, And of the tribe of His inheritance; Y-H-W-H of hosts is His name.

Hosea 12:5
Even the Lord, the God of hosts, Y-H-W-H is His name.

Amos 4:13
For behold, He who forms mountains and creates the wind And declares to man what are His thoughts, He who makes dawn into darkness And treads on the high places of the earth, Y-H-W-H God of hosts is His name.

Amos 5:8
He who made the Pleiades and Orion And changes deep darkness into morning, Who also darkens day into night, Who calls for the waters of the sea And pours them out on the surface of the earth, Y-H-W-H is His name.

Amos 9:6
The One who builds His upper chambers in the heavens And has founded His vaulted dome over the earth, He who calls for the waters of the sea And pours them out on the face of the earth, Y-H-W-H is His name.

Elia

yahweh is another word for God. Jesus Christ is God

Bs'd

ONLY Y-H-W-H is God, besides Him there is no god:

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Y-H-W-H! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me."

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Bs'd

ONLY Y-H-W-H is God, besides Him there is no god:

Deuteronomy 4:35 “You were shown these things so that you might know that Y-H-W-H is God; besides him there is no other.

Deuteronomy 4:39 “Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.

II Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, O Sovereign Y-H-W-H! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

I Kings 8:60 “so that all the peoples of the earth may know that Y-H-W-H is God and that there is no other.”

I Chronicles 17:20 “There is no one like you, O Y-H-W-H, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.”

II Chronicles 6:14 “O Y-H-W-H, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven or on earth.”

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

Isaiah 45:21-23 “You are my witnesses," declares Y-H-W-H, "and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 45:5-6 “I am Y-H-W-H , and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me."

Isaiah 45:21-23 “Declare what is to be, present it- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, Y-H-W-H? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Exodus 20:1-3 “And God spoke all these words: "I am Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME.

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of Y-H-V-H revealed?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Some people claim that Jesus is God, but if that were true why would Jesus say that God is greater than he? How can God be greater than God?

Elia

Unlike the OT where Yahweh says over and over again "I am God, and there is none else" (Isaiah 43:10-13, 44:6-8, 45:5-6, 46:9-11), Jesus never once said those words. Not once did he say, "I am God." Since the God of the Hebrew Bible says it repeatedly why didn’t Jesus ever say it, at least once, especially when this is so crucial to Christian doctrine?

http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/q_jesus_claiming_deity.htm

Bs'd

God is not a man and a man is not/cannot be God:

"God is not human, that he should lie" Num 23:19

"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.” 1 Samuel 15:29

"For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you." Hosea 11:9

beloved57

Bs'd

"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a human being, that he should change his mind.” 1 Samuel 15:29

Show a scripture that states Jesus is not God !

Also you take that scripture out of context Num 23:19

19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Thats just saying that God is not like a man who lies, or who changes his mind, because naturally man is mutable and inconstant, but that verse does not say that God is not a Man ! He just would not be a liar or mutable as a Man. Jesus Christ the Man could be said the same of !

Elia

Show a scripture that states Jesus is not God !

Also you take that scripture out of context Num 23:19

19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Thats just saying that God is not like a man who lies, or who changes his mind, because naturally man is mutable and inconstant, but that verse does not say that God is not a Man ! He just would not be a liar or mutable as a Man. Jesus Christ the Man could be said the same of !

Bs'd

You are not taking Scripture out of context, you are falsifying Scripture!

It says: "God is not a man", and not what you say: "God is not LIKE a man".

You better repent from your evil ways.

lifeisgood

Bs'd

John 1:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word [Christ - Prov. 30:4], and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 The same [Word] was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3 All things were made by him [the Word]; and without him [the Word] was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:4 In him [the Word] was life; and the life was the light of men.

John 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.....

John 1:10 He [God] was in the world, and the world was made by him [who was in the world], and the world knew him not [rejected God].

John 1:11 He [God] came unto his own [the world He created], and his own [people the Jews] received him not [the Jews rejected God manifested in the flesh].....

John 1:13 [Christ] Which were [was] born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 1:14 And the Word [who was God] was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory [God's glory - Transfiguration], the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

beloved57

Bs'd

You are not taking Scripture out of context, you are falsifying Scripture!

It says: "God is not a man", and not what you say: "God is not LIKE a man".

You better repent from your evil ways.

I have seen people like you abuse that scripture, it says nothing about God not being a Man, in fact what it does say can apply to The Man Christ Jesus the Mediator 1 Tim 2:5 !

Elia

I have seen people like you abuse that scripture, it says nothing about God not being a Man, in fact what it does say can apply to The Man Christ Jesus the Mediator 1 Tim 2:5 !

Bs'd

Of course it can NOT!

It says, just like in the other verses, that God is NOT a man!

Are you blind or something??

lifeisgood

Bs'd

Show me where it says that David Koresh is not God!

Show me where it says that Allah is not God!

Show me where it says that Zeus is not God!

Show me where it says that Krishna is not God!

No wonder God is rejected by the Jews.

beloved57

Bs'd

Show me where it says that David Koresh is not God!

Show me where it says that Allah is not God!

Show me where it says that Zeus is not God!

Show me where it says that Krishna is not God!

Show me where it says Jesus Christ is not God ! Then show me where it says Jn 1:1,14

In the beginning was the David Koresh, or Krishna, and the David Koresh, or Krishna was with God, and the David Koresh, or Krishna was God.

14 And the David Koresh, or Krishna was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Now show me where you find that verse in the scripture fool !

beloved57

Bs'd

Of course it can NOT!

It says, just like in the other verses, that God is NOT a man!

Are you blind or something??

Show me in the scripture where it says it cannot ! Jesus Christ is Heb 13:8

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Thats the same thing Num 23:19 means ! It does not say that God is not a Man, thats your corruption of the Word of God, and may He not hold you guiltless of it !