Jesus is God !

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Who is 'the Lord' in these two verses?
Is 'the Lord' in verse 5 the same person as 'my Lord' in verse 1?

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Psa 110:2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
Psa 110:3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
Psa 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
Psa 110:5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

keypurr

Who is 'the Lord' in these two verses?
Is 'the Lord' in verse 5 the same person as 'my Lord' in verse 1?

Psa 110:1 A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Psa 110:2 The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.
Psa 110:3 Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.
Psa 110:4 The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.
Psa 110:5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

My thoughts are that lord was Christ. Notice I did not say Jesus.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
My thoughts are that lord was Christ. Notice I did not say Jesus.

I think you're correct.

I believe that the Lord Jesus uses Ps 110 to refer to Himself in these verses:

Mat 22:42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
Mat 22:43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
Mat 22:44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Mat 22:45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
Mat 22:46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Mar 12:35 And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?
Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Mar 12:37 David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

Luk 20:41 And he said unto them, How say they that Christ is David's son?
Luk 20:42 And David himself saith in the book of Psalms, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Luk 20:43 Till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Luk 20:44 David therefore calleth him Lord, how is he then his son?

So, would you agree that 'my Lord' in Ps 110:1 is the same person as 'the Lord' in Ps 110:5 and that this 'Lord' is likely the Lord Jesus Christ?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

In Ps 110:1, the word LORD in Hebrew is YHVH.
In the same verse, the word Lord is 'adon', which can be used to refer to man as well as GOD. 'Adon' is similar to 'master' or 'sir'.

In Ps 110:5, the word 'Lord' is 'Adonai' and is never used of anyone in the OT but the only true GOD who created heaven and earth.
Why would the Holy Spirit, speaking by David, refer to Jesus Messiah as 'Adonai'?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
"ego eimi" is not the divine 'name'

"ego eimi" is not the divine 'name'

Ok. Even if you're assessment as Jesus just being a messenger of God and a son of god in the same sense that all believers are is correct, then it doesn't explain why Jesus claimed to be the voice of the burning bush. Jesus called himself "I AM." Here, he explicitly refers to himself as God.

See what was shared on this previously Here.

Also:

Before Abraham, I am

trinity and pre-existence issue

pj

Last edited:

israeldnr

I used to not believe that Jesus was God because I did not have a proper concept of how Jesus could be God, but he always prayed to God and called God His Father. I won't get into explaining it right here because that's a discussion by itself. But Jesus did claim to be God. He said "Before Abraham was, I AM." Jesus Christ claimed to be the voice of the burning bush. And Jesus did not lie.

Well, if he did, then what does it make him?
In the history of the Jewish people we have known a lot of liars claiming to be messiah, saints, prophets, idols, priests (cohens). The results can be catastrophic. There must be ways for us to deal with those lies. And not too complex too.
Didn't you have the same problem with the false prophet Warren Jeff? How are you dealing with it?

What I'm saying is that theologically he can't be the messiah and the son of G-d at the same time.

keypurr

In Ps 110:1, the word LORD in Hebrew is YHVH.
In the same verse, the word Lord is 'adon', which can be used to refer to man as well as GOD. 'Adon' is similar to 'master' or 'sir'.

In Ps 110:5, the word 'Lord' is 'Adonai' and is never used of anyone in the OT but the only true GOD who created heaven and earth.
Why would the Holy Spirit, speaking by David, refer to Jesus Messiah as 'Adonai'?

I can't argue with the Hebrew friend. But the translations in English seem to point to Christ. Forget not that God created all through his Christ.

keypurr

In the history of the Jewish people we have known a lot of liars claiming to be messiah, saints, prophets, idols, priests (cohens). The results can be catastrophic. There must be ways for us to deal with those lies. And not too complex too.

Didn't you have the same problem with the false prophet Warren Jeff? How are you dealing with it?

What I'm saying is that theologically he can't be the messiah and the son of G-d at the same time.

Why can't he be the Messiah and the son of God at the same time?
I do not think it unreasonable.

Posted from the TOL App!

Daniel1611

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist that denieth the Father and the Son.

And as far as people saying the Bible doesn't say that Jesus is God, you are just denying the scripture.

"God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the gentiles, believed on in the world and received up into glory." 1 Timothy 3:16

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the gentiles, believed on in the world and received up into glory." 1 Timothy 3:16

Yes, God was manifest in Jesus' flesh.

Ye men of Israel, hear these words, Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you as ye yourselves also know. (Acts 2:22)​

Jesus was a man approved by God through whom God did miracles and signs and wonders. But like us, Jesus could do nothing of himself, he could only do what the Father did through him.

Daniel1611

Jesus was not a man like us and Jesus never said He was. Jesus Christ explicitly stated that he existed before the world. He stated that He is the voice that spoke to Moses. If you don't believe that, then you can have your New Age garbage. But don't claim the scripture says Jesus was a man like us. He was not. The Bible says Jesus Christ existed before the world existed. He says he is eternal. We are not eternal. We are created. Jesus Christ was God in the flesh. This is a major theme of scripture. You don't have to believe it, but the scripture clearly states Jesus is God. Many times it says this. If you want to believe you are equal to Jesus or that Jesus is just an "ascended master" or any other New Age lies, you can. But its unbiblical and blasphemous.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
John 8:58 and more.......

John 8:58 and more.......

Jesus was not a man like us and Jesus never said He was. Jesus Christ explicitly stated that he existed before the world. He stated that He is the voice that spoke to Moses. If you don't believe that, then you can have your New Age garbage. But don't claim the scripture says Jesus was a man like us. He was not. The Bible says Jesus Christ existed before the world existed. He says he is eternal. We are not eternal. We are created. Jesus Christ was God in the flesh. This is a major theme of scripture. You don't have to believe it, but the scripture clearly states Jesus is God. Many times it says this. If you want to believe you are equal to Jesus or that Jesus is just an "ascended master" or any other New Age lies, you can. But its unbiblical and blasphemous.

Hi Daniel,

Did you see my last 2 responses to you and videos which expound upon the true meaning of John 8:58?

They are given for your consideration.

pj

Last edited:

Daniel1611

There's not much to expound on in this issues. The Bible says God laid down His LIFE for us. and obvious reference to Jesus being God. There are numerous Bible verses that explicitly say Jesus is God. People can twist whatever they want, but it still says Jesus is out savior, there is no savior but God.

Daniel1611

We are not debating the deity of Christ here. We are debating if the Bible says Jesus is God. Which is not much of a debate because the Bible says Jesus is God numerous times in black and white right on the pages. If you don't believe it, that's fine. But the Bible says what it says regardless of what you believe.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I can't argue with the Hebrew friend. But the translations in English seem to point to Christ. Forget not that God created all through his Christ.

Jesus is Adonai!

Jesus is Messiah/Christ from birth>>>>>

Jesus is the Word GOD from forever.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
researching ur view.......

researching ur view.......

We are not debating the deity of Christ here. We are debating if the Bible says Jesus is God. Which is not much of a debate because the Bible says Jesus is God numerous times in black and white right on the pages. If you don't believe it, that's fine. But the Bible says what it says regardless of what you believe.

So u didn't read or watch the videos that would enlighten you to a proper interpretation to the passage....so can't challenge the evidence or engage in a discussion about it. The evidence does not support your assumption. See for yourself.

pj

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Bible says Jesus Christ existed before the world existed. He says he is eternal.

Eternal beings don't die. Christ set aside his preincarnate position to become a servant to mankind, even to the point of death.

It sounds to me like you don't really appreciate or understand who Christ is and what he did.

Paul explained Jesus' current position when he said, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."
(1 Timothy 2:5)

Notice the word between. Jesus is between God and men. He is less than God but greater than men.

The Father should be your God.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Eternal beings don't die. Christ set aside his preincarnate position to become a servant to mankind, even to the point of death.

It sounds to me like you don't really appreciate or understand who Christ is and what he did.

Paul explained Jesus' current position when he said, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus."
(1 Timothy 2:5)

Notice the word between. Jesus is between God and men. He is less than God but greater than men.

The Father should be your God.

You have no 'daysman' and until you do Jesus could not be your mediator.