Jesus Has Reconciled EVERYONE to God

Nanja

Nanja
Those in Acts 2:37-38 were already under Holy Spirit conviction;
He was already working in their Heart:

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart,

So it was obvious that they had an inward change of mind / heart:
A Spiritually Circumcised Heart, as a result of the Spirit performing
His Work in them Ezek. 36:26; Phil. 1:6.

Their "hearing" the Word, which is Spiritual 1 Cor. 2:13, was proof
that they were Born of God John 3:6; Rom. 10:17; Prov. 20:12!

~~~~~

Pate
Your doctrine that they were saved before they were saved is one of the most stupid and unbiblical things that a Calvinist could ever say. I am amazed at how far outside of the faith that Calvinism can lead someone.

Once you start with predestination it leads to more and more heresies until you are finally saying that people are saved before they are saved.

The scriptures confound you.

Not a good sign! :plain:

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
Nanja

Pate

The scriptures confound you.

Not a good sign! :plain:

~~~~~

Acts 2:37 says, "Now when they heard this". What did they hear? They heard the Gospel. It was the Holy Spirit that accompanies the Gospel that convicted them of their need for Christ.

Why do you continue to resist the truth?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 2:37 says, "Now when they heard this". What did they hear? They heard the Gospel. It was the Holy Spirit that accompanies the Gospel that convicted them of their need for Christ.

Because she does not understand and has no desire to do so,

Nanja

No one can Spiritually Hear the Gospel, which is Spiritual 1 Cor 2:13,
unless they are first Born of the Spirit, Born of God John 8:47,
made Spiritually Alive Prov. 20:12.

The same applies to you, Pate. Thus the Gospel is hid from you 2 Cor. 4:3-4 KJV!

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No one can Spiritually Hear the Gospel, which is Spiritual 1 Cor 2:13,
unless they are first Born of the Spirit, Born of God John 8:47,
made Spiritually Alive Prov. 20:12.

The same applies to you, Pate. Thus the Gospel is hid from you 2 Cor. 4:3-4 KJV!

~~~~~
That is STUPID. Here is a simple one for you. No one can understand unless they hear.

Romans 15:20-22 King James Version (KJV)

20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

22 For which cause also I have been much hindered from coming to you.

If they did not know, why did Paul preach to them? SO THEY COULD UNDERSTAND.

ttruscott

The ball is now in your court. What are you going to do about Jesus and his Gospel?

God is love and love is patient so how long is GOD going to wait for me to repent??? IF HE is so patiently loving then HE will wait forever - something is wrong here because we know that hell isn't empty.

ttruscott

He didn't say anything about universalism, so why ask him about it? That is a different subject. It is a tactic of the wicked to misdirect. I will see how far you keep pushing it.

I disagree - universalism is the heart of his doctrine or he blasphemes GOD's loving patience.

Nanja

That is STUPID. Here is a simple one for you. No one can understand unless they hear.

Romans 15:20-22 King James Version (KJV)

20 Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

21 But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

22 For which cause also I have been much hindered from coming to you.

If they did not know, why did Paul preach to them? SO THEY COULD UNDERSTAND.

We can be assured that those who "heard" Prov. 20:12 the Gospel were made Spiritually Alive: Born of God John 8:47a !

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We can be assured that those who "heard" Prov. 20:12 the Gospel were made Spiritually Alive: Born of God John 8:47a !

~~~~~

However it is clear from scripture that they were spiritually lost until the Word was preached.

Nanja

However it is clear from scripture that they were spiritually lost until the Word was preached.

Because God had predestined them to "see" and "understand" they were made Spiritually Alive!

Rom. 15:21
they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand

They were Chosen in Christ and Predestined to become God's Adopted Children, to inherit Eternal Life Eph. 1:3-11.

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Because God had predestined them to "see" and "understand" they were made Spiritually Alive!

Rom. 15:21
they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand

They were Chosen in Christ and Predestined to become God's Adopted Children, to inherit Eternal Life Eph. 1:3-11.

~~~~~
That is not what you said in post 113. When those who have not heard the Gospel hear it and are saved, they have received the Spirit because of the message.