Jesus Has Reconciled EVERYONE to God

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your source raised many more questions than it answered. It misinterprets things and ignores all the Scripture that says that we are required to follow God, seek God, become holy, and be judged on our works. How can you possibly ignore so much Scripture?

Matt. 16:24, “Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.”

"God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life."

"Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."

"But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God’s holy people. 4 Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving. 5 For of this you can be sure: No immoral, impure or greedy person—such a person is an idolater—has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.[a] 6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient."

"Live as children of light 9 (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord. 11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them"

"Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, 16 making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. 18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."

And on and on and on and on....

And why do you think anyone would attempt any of these things, unless they had saving faith? Why do you guys continually throw up that straw man?

Faith is not a work.

http://www.compellingtruth.org/faith-works.html

brewmama

You continually ignore my questions, and all the Scriptures on the requirements made of us.

And your point is not really logical if you try to follow it through. Yes, Christ died to save all of mankind. But not all of mankind responds. No matter how you slice it, our salvation depends on us responding. I realize Protestants are involved in a fierce backlash against the Roman Catholic Church, and go out of their way to separate faith and works and Catholics and Protestants. But that is no excuse to go overboard, and ignore all the admonishments we have been given by Christ himself, not to mention the Apostles, about how to live our lives. Separating faith and works is a false dichotomy.

“If you love me, you will keep my commandments . . . If a person loves me, He will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him” (John 14:15-17, 23).

When Christ comes in His glory with all the angels, He will gather all the nations before Him for universal judgment. Everyone will be divided into two groups--the sheep on the right and the goats on the left--before Christ the King. The ones on the right will be blessed and given the inheritance of the eternal kingdom. The ones on the left will be cursed and sent off to eternal fire. What will make the difference? What will be the criterion of judgment? Works of mercy! Feeding the hungry, welcoming the stranger, clothing the naked, visiting the sick and the prisoner. Jesus declared: “Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me” (Mat 25:40).

Rather than separate faith and works, Jesus closely united the two as being definitive to Christian life. That’s the undeniable implication of His great discourse we call “Sermon on the Mount.” The Sermon contains a vast amount of teachings and exhortations Christ expected His followers to learn and live by (Mat. chaps. 5-7). “Do not bear false witness . . . Love your enemies . . . Seek first God’s kingdom and His righteousness . . . Judge not, that you be not judged” (Mat 5:33, 44; 6:33; 7:1). Jesus set down these teachings as the necessary standards of moral righteousness. At the end of the Sermon on the Mount He denounced the kind of faith that is only lip service. He said those who relied only on faith risked the loss of eternal salvation. He warned: “On that day many will call out to me ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy and cast out demons in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers’” (Mat 7:21-23).

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is only ONE place in the entire Bible where the phrase "faith alone" appears: James 2:24. You may want to read it, and take it seriously.
Ephesians 2:8-9New King James Version (NKJV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

The verse mentions faith only. That's the way I read it.

Cruciform

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

"For he will render to every man according to his works: to those who by patience in well-doing [good works] seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life [salvation]; but for those who are factious [sectarian (!)] and do not obey the truth [works again], but obey wickedness [works], there will be wrath and fury" (Rom. 2:6-8).​

Since this text mentions works only, do you take it to mean that we are saved by works ALONE? Is that the way you read it? :think:

Or do you acknowledge that your "logic" in this matter is plainly false? (Read James 2:24 again.)

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

brewmama

Ephesians 2:8-9New King James Version (NKJV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Really? You read it as faith only?

How do you explain the very next verse, which conveniently gets left out whenever 8-9 are quoted?

Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them"

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Really? You read it as faith only?

How do you explain the very next verse, which conveniently gets left out whenever 8-9 are quoted?

Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them"

The good works of verse 10 are a result of salvation

brewmama

How do you know? And why put so much energy into separating them, rather than just accepting and doing both?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
How do you know? And why put so much energy into separating them, rather than just accepting and doing both?

You have little or no understanding of the true Gospel. Why? Because
you're a devout Catholic and they don't teach the Grace Gospel. (Paul's
Gospel.)

heir

TOL Subscriber
What if EVERYONE does NOT want to be reconciled to God?

Does God FORCE people into Heaven?
The work was done (2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV) whether you receive the love of the truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) or not. In order to be saved (the gospel of Christ is the means by which we are saved 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) one trusts the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
If everyone is saved, no one is going to hell, right? Your argument destroys itself.

God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV). In order to be saved (the gospel of Christ is the means by which we are saved 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) one trusts the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Why won't you answer?

What happens to those people who reject salvation?

Where do they go?

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

heir

TOL Subscriber
And obey.

Obeying in our case is faith.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

it is Paul's gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) that establishes the believer!

How does faith come?

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ben Masada

Jesus has Reconciled every one to God

Jesus has Reconciled every one to God

Salvation is the result of accepting your reconciliation.

No one will be saved that does not accept the reconciliation that has been provided by Jesus Christ.

Jesus provided no reconciliation because, according to Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20, no one can die for the sins of another. Now, Prophet Isaiah's way to achieve salvation is when we accept reconciliation by setting things right with HaShem so that our sins from scarlet red, become as white as snow by way of repentance and return to the obedience of the Law of Yahweh. That's the method applied by Jesus in Mat. 5:23,24. That's called personal salvation. One must work on it daily because it is not free. (John 4:22)

The other kind is universal salvation which is free. That's the Abraham's method. Jesus referred to it as coming from the Jews aka the descendants of Abraham through Isaac. (John 4:22) Now, the universal salvation is effected as long as there is a Minyan of Ten adults male Jews on earth. (Gen. 18:32)

heir

TOL Subscriber
OK, good. Then I'll repeat my question that you never answered.

But, aren't believing and confessing works? Aren't they "participating in their own salvation"? If you say no, then why not?

Believing requires no work on your part. Salvation is by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV). By definition grace is no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace (Romans 11:6 KJV). Our salvation is:

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Titus 3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

beloved57

ben

Jesus provided no reconciliation because, according to Jer. 31:30 and Ezek. 18:20, no one can die for the sins of another.

Thats True of men who are sinners themselves, not of Christ who was not a sinner. Now other sinners cant die for a sinner when they have their own sins to account for ! But Christ had no sin and He was the spotless sinless Lamb of God !