LIFETIME MEMBER
Are there any OT prophecies fulfilled near AD 70
Danoh?

Notice he didn't answer you.

I'll give you one:

(Micah 3:12) Therefore because of you,
Zion will be plowed like a field,
Jerusalem will become a heap of rubble,
the temple hill a mound overgrown with thickets.

The above prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD when Titus the Roman General ordered the city dug up.

Also, Terentius Rufus, commander of the Tenth Legion, plowed Mount Zion like a field, just as the prophecy in Micah said.

"On that ninth day of the month Ab, fatal for vengeance, the wicked Turnus Rufus, of the children of Edom, ploughed up the temple, and the places round about it, that the saying might be fulfilled, Zion shall be ploughed as a field." - Maimonides, Tract. Taanith, c. 4

“The emperor commanded them to dig up the whole city and the Temple….’Thus those that digged it up laid all level, that it should never be inhabited, to be a witness to such as should come thither.'” - Josephus, 2:309

So, how could Israel's prophetic clock have been paused or stopped in Mid-Acts if prophecies concerning Israel were fulfilled in 70AD?

Danoh

Feel free to follow your neurosis, Tet, and track down where I'd answered Climate's question long before he'd even asked it...

Afterwards, be sure to follow up with proof once more of your actual agenda in your reply.

Danoh

Notice he didn't answer you.

I'll give you one:

(Micah 3:12) Therefore because of you,
Zion will be plowed like a field,
Jerusalem will become a heap of rubble,
the temple hill a mound overgrown with thickets.

The above prophecy was fulfilled in 70AD when Titus the Roman General ordered the city dug up.

Also, Terentius Rufus, commander of the Tenth Legion, plowed Mount Zion like a field, just as the prophecy in Micah said.

"On that ninth day of the month Ab, fatal for vengeance, the wicked Turnus Rufus, of the children of Edom, ploughed up the temple, and the places round about it, that the saying might be fulfilled, Zion shall be ploughed as a field." - Maimonides, Tract. Taanith, c. 4

“The emperor commanded them to dig up the whole city and the Temple….’Thus those that digged it up laid all level, that it should never be inhabited, to be a witness to such as should come thither.'” - Josephus, 2:309

So, how could Israel's prophetic clock have been paused or stopped in Mid-Acts if prophecies concerning Israel were fulfilled in 70AD?

It makes sense you were once Acts 2 Dispen-SENSATIONALIST...

What you did, you stupid fool, was trade in the Acts 2 SENSATIONALIST'S exact same practice of "Prophecy Fulfiiled in Today's Headlines" for Josephus's practice of that in his day, you moron.

You idiot; you bought into Russell reading into Josephus reading into the Bedrock News ala Hal Lindsay :rotfl:

Hyuk! Hyuk! Hyuk! Hey Fred; this Tet thinks he's The Great Gazoo - :chuckle:

Willlllllmaaaaah!

:rotfl:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
What you did, you stupid fool, was trade in the Acts 2 SENSATIONALIST'S exact same practice of "Prophecy Fulfiiled in Today's Headlines" for Josephus's practice of that in his day, you moron.

So, now Danoh is taking the same position as mysteryboy.

Danoh is now claiming that not one prophecy from the OT, or by Jesus was fulfilled in 70AD.

Danoh is now claiming that there were still some stones still standing in 70AD, and that all the destruction that happened in 70AD had nothing to do with the prophecies Christ Jesus gave in Matt 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13, or the prophecies found in the OT.

Danoh is now claiming that there will be a third temple in the future, that will be surrounded by an army, then those in Judaea will flee to the mountains, and then the temple and city will be destroyed.

But here is the best part:

For Danoh's theory to work, it means that the Jews who are going to be killed in Danoh's future third temple, will be killed because the Jews in the first century rejected their Messiah:

(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.

Danoh is a mess.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
The real problem is that Dispensationalism posits all the cumulative distribution of God's righteous standards (law) are each an oikonomia, when no one but God can be owner or steward of the house.

Neither Adam nor Noah nor Moses nor Abraham nor David nor Paul nor anyone else can be owner or steward... except... God, His eternal uncreated divine Son (as Theanthropos), and those who are translated into Him by imputed righteousness in CO-stewardship.

Oikonomia requires ontology, and no man has the inherent ontology to be steward without being CO-steward with Christ.

Two "dispensations". One redeemed people. All in Christ.

Danoh

So, now Danoh is taking the same position as mysteryboy.

Danoh is now claiming that not one prophecy from the OT, or by Jesus was fulfilled in 70AD.

Danoh is now claiming that there were still some stones still standing in 70AD, and that all the destruction that happened in 70AD had nothing to do with the prophecies Christ Jesus gave in Matt 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13, or the prophecies found in the OT.

Danoh is now claiming that there will be a third temple in the future, that will be surrounded by an army, then those in Judaea will flee to the mountains, and then the temple and city will be destroyed.

But here is the best part:

For Danoh's theory to work, it means that the Jews who are going to be killed in Danoh's future third temple, will be killed because the Jews in the first century rejected their Messiah:

(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.

Danoh is a mess.

Are you actually a Believer? I mean, you employ all the tactics the Pharisees would attempt on the Lord.

Baiting via slander will only keep you where you are - your unique perversion of the Preterist school of stuck on stupid.

The school of incompetence that is your "well, if it's not this, then it must be this over here..."

Let us know when your neurotic search tracks down the post in which I either spefically asserted or did not assert, the above.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Are you actually a Believer? I mean, you employ all the tactics the Pharisees would attempt on the Lord.

Baiting via slander will only keep you where you are - your unique perversion of the Preterist school of stuck on stupid.

The school of incompetence that is your "well, if it's not this, then it must be this over here..."

Let us know when your neurotic search tracks down the post in which I either spefically asserted or did not assert, the above.

Tet was built this way
View attachment 24049

Interplanner

"Baiting via slander?" The list of Tet's objections are the most rational questions any one should have in this arena.

If you're familiar with Salvador Dali's art about Christ, D'ism turns Christ into a Dalese object. Phantom, irrational, schitzophrenically in two centuries separated by thousands of years at once, etc. That is not the historic way of reading the Bible.

Interplanner

So, you are a dispy !!

The New Covenant is an era in which each person administers the grace of God by the sheer simple force of the kind of message the Gospel is. The least expression of it, if true and clear, is like an atomic detonation against the darkness of this world. I don't know the era of Law was ever to be called a dispensation, because it is instead a preparatory phase, a child-trainer, a governess (and several unsavory titles in Gal 4 and Col 2). Only the priests could administer it, but the Gospel is such a direct message that all believers are priests.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

If you would answer questions, I wouldn't have to assert anything.

First you said Israel's prophetic clock stopped in Mid-Acts.

I asked you to reconcile your claim with what happened in 70AD

You ignored the question over and over again.

Then you said my claiming of OT prophecies being fulfilled in 70AD based on the writings of Josephus, was equal to what Hal Lindsay does with OT prophecies based on modern events in the Middle East.

Therefore, I take that to mean you are taking the same position as musterion, who claims nothing in 70AD had anything to do with prophecies for Israel.

All you have to do is quit playing games and explain how Israel's prophetic clock was allegedly stopped in Mid-Acts (your claim), and then either reconcile that claim to what happened in 70AD, or deny that everything that happened in 70AD had nothing to do with OT prophecies and/or what Jesus prophesied.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Baiting via slander?" The list of Tet's objections are the most rational questions any one should have in this arena.

He knows that, but he's being intellectually dishonest because he cares more about defending his MAD than he does admitting the truth.

In a nutshell, MADists who claim Israel's prophetic clock stopped in Mid-Acts only have one option when it comes to the events that took place 66AD - 70AD, and that is to deny that every event that took place from 66AD - 70AD had anything to do with Bible prophesies in the OT and NT.

If they don't deny it, then their prophetic clock being stopped in Mid-Acts theory falls apart. Not only that, but they are really big on "the age of grace" dispensation, and they can't have God pouring out His wrath on over a million Jews during "the age of grace" dispensation, because...well...their whole concept of dispensationalism falls apart.

So, their only option is to deny 66AD - 70AD, and most of them don't like to take that position because of all the historical evidence that proves them wrong.

As we have seen, Danoh has elected to ignore the question on purpose, and instead, attack me for asking it.

Danoh

If you're familiar with Salvador Dali's art about Christ, D'ism turns Christ into a Dalese object. Phantom, irrational, schitzophrenically in two centuries separated by thousands of years at once, etc. That is not the historic way of reading the Bible.

No, he is baiting me through slander.

Unless you are that obtuse, he has yet to show that I either stated or denied as being the case what he asserts I stated.

I used to answer his questions. But he has proven he is simply baiting others.

Compare his thread titles to your own.

Threads you start often point to some subject you want to share or explore your understanding of with others.

His are an immediate rock thrown at another's window. He clearly has some sort of a personal issue.

But he is one of yours, so it is to be expected you'd side with him.

Me, I don't understand that; I refuse to belong to any club - who ever on here is right or sound on some point or another is who I agree with in that moment.

Very few on here can say that.

You are wrong in your reading of this matter. Period.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
His are an immediate rock thrown at another's window.

I have no problem with that statement.

I have made it clear that Dispensationalism is like a cancer to the Body of Christ.

I will continue to "throw rocks" at Dispensationalism in order that others can see what a false teaching it really is. I will continue to show that Dispensationalism didn't exist until John Nelson Darby invented it in 1830.

All you are doing is proving my point that Dispensationalism cannot stand the test of scripture.

So far, none of you Darby followers has proven me wrong.

Interplanner

No, he is baiting me through slander.

Unless you are that obtuse, he has yet to show that I either stated or denied as being the case what he asserts I stated.

I used to answer his questions. But he has proven he is simply baiting others.

Compare his thread titles to your own.

Threads you start often point to some subject you want to share or explore your understanding of with others.

His are an immediate rock thrown at another's window. He clearly has some sort of a personal issue.

But he is one of yours, so it is to be expected you'd side with him.

Me, I don't understand that; I refuse to belong to any club - who ever on here is right or sound on some point or another is who I agree with in that moment.

Very few on here can say that.

You are wrong in your reading of this matter. Period.

#473 is simply the most pertinent questions and you can't answer them properly. There is no slander in it. As with so many of your posts, you spend the majority of the time on what you think is a personality disorder in another participant.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Warning! It's best to place TeT-on ignore. He's a false teacher. (Preterist) I have him on permanent ignore and believe me when I say, it's refreshing. He's about as smart as a snails shell after the snail has vacated it.

Danoh

Warning! It's best to place TeT-on ignore. He's a false teacher. (Preterist) I have him on permanent ignore and believe me when I say, it's refreshing. He's about as smart as a snails shell after the snail has vacated it.

All Preterists and their various strains are; even those rare few among them who actually look into Dispensational views attempting the absence of an ax to grind going in.

Even said few end up proving they'd long since been blinded from seeing the obvious.

Interplanner

To GM:
Your turn. Answer the questions raised. If you just snort insults, I'll know you can't answer the questions.

Here are the questions he raised in 473:

First you said Israel's prophetic clock stopped in Mid-Acts.

I asked you to reconcile your claim with what happened in 70AD

You ignored the question over and over again.

Then you said my claiming of OT prophecies being fulfilled in 70AD based on the writings of Josephus, was equal to what Hal Lindsay does with OT prophecies based on modern events in the Middle East.

Therefore, I take that to mean you are taking the same position as musterion, who claims nothing in 70AD had anything to do with prophecies for Israel.

All you have to do is quit playing games and explain how Israel's prophetic clock was allegedly stopped in Mid-Acts (your claim), and then either reconcile that claim to what happened in 70AD, or deny that everything that happened in 70AD had nothing to do with OT prophecies and/or what Jesus prophesied.