ECT Israel's Prophetic Clock stopped in 70AD, not in Mid Acts

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Amen and Amen!

Also, considering that the Hebrew term for "forever," either of them, have nothing to do with a modern concept of endless time. Only a distant future. They would not even comprehend our concept of endless time. It was irrelevant to them. The promises are the evidence of the covenant, and covenant is about relationship. YHWH is covenant maker...so the promises are all about Him. So "forever" is about YHWH, not about endless duration of a thing. Hm....

Exactimously! You, my friend, are IN Christ.

genuineoriginal

Paul was a minister of the New Covenant. All you have to do is read his epistles to find out about the New Covenant.
This is what Paul said about the New Covenant:

Romans 11:27
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.​

Paul makes it clear there is no difference between Jew and Gentile, that those who have faith in Christ Jesus are the children of Abraham, and that the Israel of God is those who have faith in Christ Jesus.

You however, are a Zionist
Anyone that truly follows Jesus is a Zionist.

The "great tribulation" was what happened to the Jews, Jerusalem, and Judaea leading up to, and culminating in 70AD.
You seem to have completely missed what God said about how His punishment of the children of Israel is exiling them from the land of promise.
The "great tribulation" is the longest period of exile.
The destruction of the temple in 70 CE was the sign that the exile, the "great tribulation" was beginning.

genuineoriginal

Paul clearly states that the promise was to Abraham's seed SINGULAR, and thus Christ. It's not about a physical ethnic people. You've missed the point way into paganism and heresy.
God made several promises to Abraham.

Genesis 17:3-8
3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
4 As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.​

genuineoriginal

other promises to Abraham, which were promised 400 years before.

Joshua 21:43-45 tells us those promises were fulfilled when the Israelites crossed the Jordan into the Promised Land.

(Joshua 21:45) Not one of all the Lord’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.

In reading verse 45, how can you take promises given beforehand, and then claim they are still unfulfilled?
It seems like you can't tell the differences between promises made to Abraham, promises made to his grandson Jacob/Israel, and promises made to their descendants who are also called Israel.

Cross Reference

This is what Paul said about the New Covenant:

Romans 11:27
26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.​

Anyone that truly follows Jesus is a Zionist.

You seem to have completely missed what God said about how His punishment of the children of Israel is exiling them from the land of promise.
The "great tribulation" is the longest period of exile.
The destruction of the temple in 70 CE was the sign that the exile, the "great tribulation" was beginning.

And when did the beginning of sorrows start that lead up to Rev 12 and 13?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Totally false accusation.

What you don't understand is that when you deny Christ is the anarthrous noun "promise" and point to others (like Preterists) allegedly "spiritualizing" scripture, it is you who is functionally denying the literal and authentic humanity of Christ.

I know you don't outright deny the Incarnation as physical as tangible; but with your void of understanding for Greek anarthrous nouns, you might as well be doing so.

Jesus Christ is the anarthrous land promise, completely fulfilling God's promise to Abraham for the articular land promise that had already been fulfilled after the Exodus.

Both aspects of the promise have been fulfilled for a very long time, and are being fulfilled every time someone is translated into the kingdom of God's dear Son and puts on Christ according to 1Cor 15, etc.

You've missed the fullness and completeness of the Gospel message, and functionally deny the Incarnation of the Son as God's Logos manifest in the likeness of sinful flesh. This denies that Christ has fulfilled the anarthrous promise as well as the articular promise, and leaves one waiting for both because of a false English misunderstanding relative to basic grammar between languages in translation.

If the physical and literal land promise is unfulfilled and still awaiting a future fulfilment, then Jesus Christ is not the Messiah as Theanthropos (God-man) with authentic humanity.

Cross Reference

What you don't understand is that when you deny Christ is the anarthrous noun "promise" and point to others (like Preterists) allegedly "spiritualizing" scripture, it is you who is functionally denying the literal and authentic humanity of Christ.

I know you don't outright deny the Incarnation as physical as tangible; but with your void of understanding for Greek anarthrous nouns, you might as well be doing so.

Jesus Christ is the anarthrous land promise, completely fulfilling God's promise to Abraham for the articular land promise that had already been fulfilled after the Exodus.

Both aspects of the promise have been fulfilled for a very long time, and are being fulfilled every time someone is translated into the kingdom of God's dear Son and puts on Christ according to 1Cor 15, etc.

You've missed the fullness and completeness of the Gospel message, and functionally deny the Incarnation of the Son as God's Logos manifest in the likeness of sinful flesh. This denies that Christ has fulfilled the anarthrous promise as well as the articular promise, and leaves one waiting for both because of a false English misunderstanding relative to basic grammar between languages in translation.

If the physical and literal land promise is unfulfilled and still awaiting a future fulfilment, then Jesus Christ is not the Messiah as Theanthropos (God-man) with authentic humanity.

Why not try and explain all that GC to my yak shepherd who reveres God while not even owning a Bible to know Who He is? Ever hear of Job? Think he possessed Greek or Hebrew scriptures? Dare I say consider ignorant Abe?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, except that all promises are fulfilled in Christ. ALL.
Not yet.

The physical land already was given to Israel.
When you say "Israel", you do mean it as many individuals and not just one, right?

There is a physical and spiritual for every prophecy.
But one does not cancel out the other.
The physical still has to happen

The spiritual is always Christ.
That still wouldn't cancel the physical promise.

The physical promise was already fulfilled.
No dear.
There is a promise that the nation of Israel that split into two kingdoms would day be united back as one.
And that they would be gathered from everywhere they were scattered back to their promised land.
And that they would live in peace and safety and never be uprooted again.

That hasn't happened.

The spiritual is manifest in Christ. He is the land of Israel. Man is of the dust of the ground, and Christ is the pure physical seed of Abraham. His body is the dust of the ground, and in Him we receive the glorified Israel.
Good grief.
Christ's flesh body is not the physical land.
Every descendant of Adam was of the dust of the ground.

Israel receives the fullness of its glory in the year of Jubilee. Christ is the Jubilee of Jubilees. Daniel's 70-7s is 10 Jubilee cycles. Christ is the end of the 70 weeks, and thus the ultimate Jubilee. He is the Glory of physical Israel. Thus He is the ultimate fulfillment of the land promise. "For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us." 2 Cor 1:20.
A jubilee is a time frame, not physical land.
No matter what time frame you determine it happens, they are still promised physical land in which they will one day live in peace and safety and never be uprooted again.

That hasn't happened yet.
I believe God keeps His promises.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not yet.

When you say "Israel", you do mean it as many individuals and not just one, right?

But one does not cancel out the other.
The physical still has to happen

That still wouldn't cancel the physical promise.

No dear.
There is a promise that the nation of Israel that split into two kingdoms would day be united back as one.
And that they would be gathered from everywhere they were scattered back to their promised land.
And that they would live in peace and safety and never be uprooted again.

That hasn't happened.

Good grief.
Christ's flesh body is not the physical land.
Every descendant of Adam was of the dust of the ground.

A jubilee is a time frame, not physical land.
No matter what time frame you determine it happens, they are still promised physical land in which they will one day live in peace and safety and never be uprooted again.

That hasn't happened yet.
I believe God keeps His promises.

Amen, Sis!

True to the plain literal sense of Scripture.