Isn't it reasonable to doubt Young Earth Creationism?

musterion

He knows they took atheism to its logical, inevitable conclusion -- people are just animals and some are more surplus than others, and were eliminated. He knows that, but he pretends he doesn't cuz he likes to hang with the kool kids.

Danoh

He knows they took atheism to its logical, inevitable conclusion -- people are just animals and some are more surplus than others, and were eliminated. He knows that, but he pretends he doesn't cuz he likes to hang with the kool kids.

More of your usual ill-conceived "logic."

Seriously, try asking yourself half a dozen times or so where the holes in your reasoning might be BEFORE allowing yourself your final conclusions.

Keep up the way you're going and you're going to end up a 9 / 28 Hybrid.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5:6-8.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am suggesting we forget our theories and the way we read our On the Origin/Bible because this immediately makes us defensive.

Who cares? As long as you are engaging sensibly and respecting the ideas from the other side, how you feel is largely irrelevant. This way, we get to keep our ideas, while admittedly running the risk that we might face a little criticism.

We believe too that all life is descendent from a common ancestor, viz. the Creator God.
:AMR:

I don't believe that.

We too believe in random mutations for microevolution, and guided genetic manipulation on the part of God for macroevolution. We are not that far apart.
I don't believe that.

We too believe in natural selection - nature does weed out the weak. But we don't se it as the primary mover as far as diversity is concerned.
There might be some selection going on, but it is likely irrelevant to the process of adaptation.

The fossil record shows times of rapid diversification such as the Cambrian explosion, or the mammal explosion.
You can only assert this if you assume the truth of evolution.

My ideas require no such descriptions.

We have to set an example of not name calling.

No, I don't.

I'm here to discuss ideas. I want you to say what you believe, but then be prepared to back up what you say with evidence. If we go down the road of excising theories, we are not talking science. Science is the process of eliminating ideas using evidence.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

glorydaz

More of your usual ill-conceived "logic."

Seriously, try asking yourself half a dozen times or so where the holes in your reasoning might be BEFORE allowing yourself your final conclusions.

Keep up the way you're going and you're going to end up a 9 / 28 Hybrid.

You sure like to make a fool of yourself, don't ya? Every conversation is about how others fall so short of the ideal you've created in your own mind. Must keep you entertained, though, so that's something.

iouae

How about a specific example and how do you know?

There is little more specific than the geologic column. It contains successions of different organisms, earliest, lowest in the column. We are talking facts here, not theory.

iouae

Who cares? As long as you are engaging sensibly and respecting the ideas from the other side, how you feel is largely irrelevant. This way, we get to keep our ideas, while admittedly running the risk that we might face a little criticism.

:AMR:

I don't believe that.

I don't believe that.

There might be some selection going on, but it is likely irrelevant to the process of adaptation.

You can only assert this if you assume the truth of evolution.

My ideas require no such descriptions.

No, I don't.

I'm here to discuss ideas. I want you to say what you believe, but then be prepared to back up what you say with evidence. If we go down the road of excising theories, we are not talking science. Science is the process of eliminating ideas using evidence.

We know that all life had a common origin because all life is carbon based and DNA based.

If we had another silicon based life form, which stored information in a means other than DNA, then we could say life had two origins.

So based on logic alone, we know that life had a common ancestry.

Since we cannot go back in history, atheists will explain this common ancestry without God, and Creationists will explain that common ancestry with God.

There is no objective way of proving one right and one wrong. Both depend on faith for their beliefs. I believe in a Creator who created everything based on the same pattern. Why would I feel defensive or threatened by evolutionists believing that multiple throws of the dice over immense periods of time, resulted in what we see today. To me, that is less satisfying than believing in a Creator.

But the reason I believe in the Creator is NOT because of science, its because I speak to Him, and He hears me and responds to help my needs and infirmities. I feel sorry for atheists who go through life without any divine help. So I feel pity rather than irritation at atheism. But I totally get the fact that every person has some weird (to me) ideas, which I don't feel obliged to correct.

Hedshaker

Jonah, you dare mock God?

If God came down right now and did something miraculous to prove He exists, you would harden your heart and reject Him all the more. Why would God do that, when He wants you to love Him?

Doing miracles only produces unbelief. God wants belief in Him. Therefore, doing miracles would be counterproductive to bringing people to Him.

God gets a tough time on that issue for sure. People are suspicious because there's no evidence but would be even more suspicious if evidence was provided. Dammed if he does and dammed when he doesn't. Luckily for the creator of the universe good old faith comes to the rescue once again :luigi:

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We know that all life had a common origin because all life is carbon based and DNA based.
You're conflating genetic origins with the act of creation.

If we had another silicon based life form, which stored information in a means other than DNA, then we could say life had two origins.

So based on logic alone, we know that life had a common ancestry.

Nope.

We assert that God created different kinds. If He did so using a method that is identifiable in all kinds, that does not mean they all had a common ancestor.

Since we cannot go back in history, atheists will explain this common ancestry without God, and Creationists will explain that common ancestry with God.
YECs reject common ancestry.

There is no objective way of proving one right and one wrong.
Fortunately, that is not science. With science we can disprove ideas.

Both depend on faith for their beliefs.
I don't care what you believe unless you are willing to expose it to the evidence.

But the reason I believe in the Creator is NOT because of science, its because I speak to Him, and He hears me and responds to help my needs and infirmities. I feel sorry for atheists who go through life without any divine help. So I feel pity rather than irritation at atheism. But I totally get the fact that every person has some weird (to me) ideas, which I don't feel obliged to correct.

If you're not interested in the discussion, feel free to be silent.

Danoh

You sure like to make a fool of yourself, don't ya? Every conversation is about how others fall so short of the ideal you've created in your own mind. Must keep you entertained, though, so that's something.

If anyone is a fool on here it is you - you unwittingly bought into the erroneous hybrid being purported on here as Acts 9 MAD.

Hook...line...and sinker.

Danoh

Once again, you assume you know what I believe.
I don't even know what I believe.

God the ego you have is massive. :kookoo:

Nope - it is you who are doing the assuming.

As usual.

Fact is you have often voiced agreement with the supposedly "credible sources" the Hybrids on here purport being, when in fact, many of their views that you have often agreed with are anything but Acts 9 MAD.

That much I know you are off on.

I never purported reading your mind on what you do not assert.

Duh-uh

glorydaz

Nope - it is you who are doing the assuming.

As usual.

Fact is you have often voiced agreement with the supposedly "credible sources" the Hybrids on here purport being, when in fact, many of their views that you have often agreed with are anything but Acts 9 MAD.

That much I know you are off on.

I never purported reading your mind on what you do not assert.

Duh-uh

So when you say I agree with them is that because I've thanked their post?

Is it because I agree with everything they post, or I just appreciate the fact they take the time to explain their view?

And, golly gee, they just might be speaking like a human being instead of a know-it-all blowhard like you are so want to do. I give thanks for many reasons.

But don't worry, I'll make sure you never get one henceforth. You're such a weasel.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
There is little more specific than the geologic column. It contains successions of different organisms, earliest, lowest in the column. We are talking facts here, not theory.

You brought up the theory of your deity manipulating genomes. I asked for specifics, for those facts that provide the basis for your theory. Got any?

6days

iouae said:
6days said:
Jesus went to the cross to defeat physical death. The cross would have been unnecessary if God used pain, suffering and death to create. Instead He tells us that death entered our world because of one man's sin. Evolutionism is a lie from the pit of Hell, that attacks the character of God, and destroys the Gospel
I don't feel threatened by any theory or fact.....
Your defence of evolutionism shows you are threatened by facts. The FACT is that death entered our world because of one man's sin. Because of that fact (Not a theory) Last Adam subjected Himself to physical death in order to defeat death...the final enemy.

iouae

You brought up the theory of your deity manipulating genomes. I asked for specifics, for those facts that provide the basis for your theory. Got any?

If you are familiar with the geologic column, you will know that it contains different biomes over time. Each different biome is a creation event if you believe in a Creator. Sorry, if you still don't get it, I cannot place the dots any closer together.