ECT Is your pastor deceiving you, or is he just ignorant?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, the warnings are written ONLY to God's special elect group!
Which was written TO us?

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

It is in contrast to that which Paul writes:

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

glorydaz

Which was written TO us?

Acts 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

It is in contrast to that which Paul writes:

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

:popcorn:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, the warnings are written ONLY to God's special elect group!
:rotfl: I guess that means we're all out as there was nothing special about any of us yet Christ died for us!

Romans 3:10-12 KJV, Romans 5:6 KJV, Galatians 3:22 KJV
If they do not, then they are NOT part of His elect.
To give dire warnings to anyone else would be a great waste of time.
God was in Christ, reconciling the WORLD unto Himself not imputing their trespasses unto them (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV). The man Christ gave Himself a ransom for all (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). If there's never been a moment in your life when you trusted the Lord believing Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again the third day (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) as sufficient to save you? If there's never been a moment, you are lost (religious, but lost).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Would you care to give me in 1 or 2 sentences Paul's purpose of writing Romans 6?
Thanks in advance.
Romans is one letter not 16 separate letters. I suggest you start at Romans 1:1 and keep reading. Maybe then, you will see that the gospel of Christ is what establishes the believer, not law keeping. Romans 1-3:20 KJV shows the need for the Saviour and continuing on with Romans 3:21-22 KJV and beyond will tell you the "but now" position of no condemnation in Christ although Paul pauses for a microcosm of Israel's past present and future for Israel in Romans 9, 10 and 11.

Danoh

Does "falling from grace" mean the loss of salvation to you?

See this passage here - Galatians 5:

1. Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

What Paul is communicating unto them is the need for them to stand firm in the understanding he had communicated unto them when he was yet with them - about how that liberty wherewith Christ had made them free works; how this liberty works.

What is this understanding?

Galatians 2:

20. I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
21. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:

1. O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2. This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3. Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Together this understanding reads – By the grace of God, Christ was crucified for you. When you believed, you went from access to that, to its reality made your possession in Him by the Spirit. Free from the Law’s yoke of bondage.

That is an understanding of God’s grace toward you in His Son at the Cross made yours through the Spirit by the hearing of faith.

To add to that is to have fallen from an understanding of this grace wherein we stand justified in God’s sight in His Son.

Galatians 5:

4. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

Here, a simple antidote - Romans 5:

1. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
2. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

ZacharyB

Above is your answer to ... Originally Posted by ZacharyB:
Would you care to give me in 1 or 2 sentences
Paul's purpose of writing Romans 6? Thanks in advance.

I will answer it for the folks here ...
3 times in 8 verses (6:16-23),
Paul writes to the Roman Christians:
sin leads to eternal death

And, he explains the free-will choice before them:
"Do you not know that
to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey,
you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether
(slaves) of sin leading to death, or
(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (6:16)

The above is one of MANY dozens of dire warnings presented to God's elect
to ensure that they will tow the line, get their act together, follow Jesus,
co-operate with the most precious Holy Spirit, etc.
and proceed with their sanctification unto righteousness unto salvation.

Note: Only God's elect before the foundation of the world will choose to do this!

Heir, I realize that you didn't answer because all of this is obvious to you.

SaulToPaul 2

Above is your answer to ... Originally Posted by ZacharyB:
Would you care to give me in 1 or 2 sentences
Paul's purpose of writing Romans 6? Thanks in advance.

I will answer it for the folks here ...
3 times in 8 verses (6:16-23),
Paul writes to the Roman Christians:
sin leads to eternal death

And, he explains the free-will choice before them:
"Do you not know that
(slaves) of sin leading to death, or
(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?" (6:16)

The above is one of MANY dozens of dire warnings presented to God's elect
to ensure that they will tow the line, get their act together, follow Jesus,
co-operate with the most precious Holy Spirit, etc.
and proceed with their sanctification unto righteousness unto salvation.

Note: Only God's elect before the foundation of the world will choose to do this!

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.

20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not what Paul does not say; it's what he does say that counts.
Sorry that you choose to believe "the doctrines of men" over the Scriptures.
Let's see if you can take your own advice.

Romans 5 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.​

There is only one that has the righteousness that saves.
HINT: It ain't you.

Anyone that is relying on their own righteousness is relying on the righteousness of the wrong person.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You can't even tell me what is the gospel of your salvation as you clearly haven't one. If you can't even tells someone what it is, you are not in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5 KJV) and therefore a natural man so there's really no point in discussing spiritual things with you 1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Anyone that is relying on their own righteousness is relying on the righteousness of the wrong person.
That's exactly what he is attempting to do, but you and I both know, he has none (Romans 3:10-12 KJV).

good post, Tambora!

The saddest part is, they too could have the righteousness of God upon them (Romans 3:21-22 KJV) by believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), yet they choose to rely on their flesh to please God which we also know doesn't work (Romans 8:8 KJV).

ZacharyB

This is my wanna-be signature ...

"Do you not know that
(slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, or
(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?
... so now present your members as
slaves of righteousness for holiness." (Romans 6:16-19, NKJV)

Translation ...
Believers who are slaves of sin, who are habitual unrepentant sinners,
are facing eternal death!
They have fallen from the faith, fallen from grace, etc.
Even though they may still be intellectual believers,
they certainly are no longer to be considered "faithful" believers.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is my wanna-be signature ...

"Do you not know that
(slaves) of sin leading to (eternal) death, or
(slaves) of obedience leading to righteousness?
... so now present your members as
slaves of righteousness for holiness." (Romans 6:16-19, NKJV)

Translation ...
Believers who are slaves of sin, who are habitual unrepentant sinners,
are facing eternal death!
They have fallen from the faith, fallen from grace, etc.
Even though they may still be intellectual believers,
they certainly are no longer to be considered "faithful" believers.

Your use of the phrase 'fallen from grace' is precisely opposite from Paul's meaning in Gal 5:4.
To fall from grace is to seek to be righteous in GOD's sight by anything other than faith in Christ's atoning work on the cross.
To fall from grace is to believe in one's own personal righteousness through good works.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Titus 3 KJV
(5) Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;