Is your Faith in the Bible or in God

Zeke

The signs/letters are pointing to the way within the kingdom of God in you not flesh and blood history a veil to hide and deceive divine history which has no beginning or end.

Sent from my A462C using TheologyOnline mobile app

Saxon Hammer

Allah is a false god, so he is not great.

It's not my sword. It's the sword of the Spirit...part of the armour of God.
And it's not just in the book.

At best the book is a shield to hide behind !! At worst it blinds you to other peoples words (obviously in this case)

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
I posted a link for my reference

Sorry I don't have one for mine.

The greater bit comes from the tv series 'Roots'

Allah meaning 'Power of God' comes from conversations and things I've seen, heard but am unaware of a definitive source of Islamic knowledge.

Though have you heard Emanuel means Grace of God?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Saxon Hammer

Sorry I don't have one for mine.

The greater bit comes from the tv series 'Roots'

Allah meaning 'Power of God' comes from conversations and things I've seen, heard but am unaware of a definitive source of Islamic knowledge.

Though have you heard Emanuel means Grace of God?

Sorry no - I have been, until recently, a science geek and I.T. professional and some sort of engineer so this is all very new to me.

I just referred back to the 'Urban Dictionary' not back to Islam and was just acknowledging that they have a 'God' 'Book' and 'Prophet' too.

This was because I think there is only one god and any who say they are of god are of this one god.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Many, many errors have crept into the scriptures, mainly from the erroneous interpretations, of the translators, or simply because a word was erroneously translated.

One example of many is found In Acts 9:7; the Greek "akouo," meaning "To give ear" or "to hear," is used, where it is written; “The men who were travelling with Paul heard the voice but did not see anyone. The same Greek term is used in Acts 22: 9; where Paul says that the men with him saw the light (Of the presence of the then glorified body of Jesus of Nazareth) but they did not hear=”akouo,” the voice of the one who was speaking to me.

This erroneous translation of the GREEK [akouo] appears to pit God’s word against itself.

But when we look to 1st Corinthians 14: 2; we find there, that it is written, "The one who speaks in strange tongues does not speak to others but to God, because no one, “akouo = UNDERSTANDS” him." The Greek "akouo" is here translated as "to Understand" and so Acts 9:7; reveals that the men who were with Paul heard the voice, but Acts 22: 9; reveals that they did not 'UNDERSTAND' what the voice they heard was saying.

Another apparent contradiction is found in 1st Chronicles 2: 13; where it is said that Jesse had seven sons and goes on to name them, David being the 7th and youngest of Jesse's sons.

Whereas, in 1st Samuel 17: 12; it is said that Jesse had eight sons. This would appear to contradict 1st Chronicles 2: 13; but with a little study, this too can be reconciled.
Psalm 18:30 New King James Version (NKJV)

30 As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People often refer to the scriptures as the word of God. It's not as though they believe God got a pen and started writing but that the writing was inspired by God.

Right. He has spoken to us through his prophets. He does not speak directly to the masses, aside from when he came in the flesh. And we no longer know him as such.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Right. He has spoken to us through his prophets. He does not speak directly to the masses, aside from when he came in the flesh. And we no longer know him as such.

Right and any prophet in the last 1000 years or so would be called a heretic...

S-word

BANNED
Banned
Psalm 18:30 New King James Version (NKJV)

30 As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

In his song of victory, David was referring to the word of the Lord as spoken to him and not to
the written word of the prophets, most of who came much later than Samuel who chose David to replace King Saul. And he was definitely not referring to the NT.

But there is that which is called the 'Hidden Manna' the hidden word of God, one such instance is the 8th son of Jesse, when you discover who he is, that hidden information opens another window that sheds more light on the word of God.

S-word

BANNED
Banned

And even then, he only spoke to the masses in parables in order to make their minds dull, their ears deaf, and their eyes blind, so that they could not see or hear or understand. If they did they might turn to him while still in their sin and he would have to heal them. See Isaiah 6: 10.

Matthew 13: 13-15; 13 This is why I speak to them in parables [Said Jesus]: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: “ ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’

Saxon Hammer

And even then, he only spoke to the masses in parables in order to make their minds dull, their ears deaf, and their eyes blind, so that they could not see or hear or understand. If they did they might turn to him while still in their sin and he would have to heal them. See Isaiah 6: 10.

Matthew 13: 13-15; 13 This is why I speak to them in parables [Said Jesus]: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: “ ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’

Thank so very much I was very worried about all the 'quotes' and the lack of thought so much that I was thinking 'I cannot be Christian???'