Is your Faith in the Bible or in God

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
People often refer to the scriptures as the word of God. It's not as though they believe God got a pen and started writing but that the writing was inspired by God.

Inspired maybe but certainly not dictated and double checked by God!

If your faith is in the book you will be disappointed. But if your faith is in God, that God is all loving, that God has everything in hand; then you will be rewarded instantly.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Epoisses

The bible was written is such a way that those who lack faith will see glaring errors in it while those with faith see it as a perfect revelation from God.

Bradley D

The Bible is the "Word of God." I need that word to guide me. To believe that all one needs is to pray and listen. May be setting themselves up for a visit from Satan.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
The bible was written is such a way that those who lack faith will see glaring errors in it while those with faith see it as a perfect revelation from God.

Your Faith in God is so strong that you have Blind Faith in the Bible.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
The Bible is the "Word of God." I need that word to guide me. To believe that all one needs is to pray and listen. May be setting themselves up for a visit from Satan.

Why be afraid of a visit from Satan, (the devil?) whatever that is.

Do you do that thing when you open a random page? With half the Bible being negative it must be like tossing a coin.

A bit of scripture from Thomas:

2. Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

See the disturbed bit, fear is the opposite of Love. Fear guides you, it indicates an error, a path away from Truth.

Hawkins

Without the Bible how do you know God? By fabrication?

The Bible is written by God, though through the imperfect hands of humans in terms of how they imperfectly keep them against time. It means that even when God chooses to write it by His own hands, humans will inevitably fail to keep it throughout the thousands of years of humanity. That's why we humans don't have the original scrolls of both the OT and NT Bible. We humans don't even have the original scrolls any complete history books written more than 2000 years ago. It is only after the invention of paper that humans started to systematically keeping their written documents.

Bible on the other hand, it's true account of human witnessing about who God is. it is the only way you can rely on to know who He is. Without reference the Bible, you can only rely on your own imagination/fabrication about who God is. It is the only human book for God to convey His message of salvation (a whole theology) across the history of humanity without change. By reading and getting this unchanging message of salvation, you are saved (or not)!

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I guess in a similar way to the humans that wrote the Bible.

I love you man!

I've been trying to convey this for 30 years. True Faith thus being "in Christ" had to have been available
before the written word started to become widely dispersed. Simply by God the Father calling , drawing people to "Christ".

What most fail to understand is Rom.8:9 , If we don't have the Spirit of Christ in us and we are not in Him , He is none of ours. If Christ is none of ours , then His Word and the promises there in can't be ours yet either.

So you hit the nail on the head , we surrender ourselves to Christ , "A REAL PERSON." Not His Words. Completely different experience understanding Gods Word "in Him" verses "not in Him".

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
I love you man!

I've been trying to convey this for 30 years. True Faith thus being "in Christ" had to have been available
before the written word started to become widely dispersed. Simply by God the Father calling , drawing people to "Christ".

What most fail to understand is Rom.8:9 , If we don't have the Spirit of Christ in us and we are not in Him , He is none of ours. If Christ is none of ours , then His Word and the promises there in can't be ours yet either.

So you hit the nail on the head , we surrender ourselves to Christ , "A REAL PERSON." Not His Words. Completely different experience understanding Gods Word "in Him" verses "not in Him".

You should not worship any man.

The Christ did his bit back in the first century.

In my opinion there have been other Christs, 7 by my reckoning with one living today.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
In my opinion there have been other Christs, 7 by my reckoning with one living today.

This, I don't agree with because Jesus says He is the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.

I am loyal to Jesus and I trust everything He says.

that's why I call myself a Christian.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
This, I don't agree with because Jesus says He is the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Him.

Or was God speaking through him...?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You should not worship any man.

The Christ did his bit back in the first century.

Dude , it was said jokingly.

Hearing the rest of your post just made it not funny.

Good luck with those "other" Christs.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned

Or in that instance he could be talking about The Way

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Did he ever answer questions about who he was? Didn't he mostly answer,' who do you say I am' ?

Are you serious!

Here are some of claims Jesus made about Himself.

1) He's the Heir of all things.
2)He's the author and finisher of Faith.
3)He made the world.
4)He's the outraying of Gods image.
5)He upholds all things by the word of His power.
6)He purged our sins.
7)He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.
8)I saw lucifer cast down.
9)I was there when the worlds were formed.
10) I am the living bread.
11)All authority under heaven and earth is given to me.
12)I'm the door.
13) i'm the light.
14) I'm the way.
15)I'm the water of life.
16)By me if any man enter , he shall be saved.
17)If you build on what i say , you build on a rock.
18)If you build on anything else , your a dead duck.
19)There is something wrong with all of you that can only be set right by me.
20)I haven't come to destroy the law , i've come to fulfill it.
21)I am going to ransome the whole world with me.

So don't give me , "He was a good and wise teacher." i've surrendered my life to the fact that He is exactly who and what He claimed.

mohomad , budda, no one "EVER" made the claims that Christ made about Himself. And you say theres other Christs out there ? you need to shut up and start to listen .