Is White Privilege Real?

MrDante

A more concrete example would help.
Maybe mention specific policies?

Do I get better prices at the grocery store for being white?
Do I get to cut in line at the DMV for being white?
Do I get a different tax rate for being white?

What specific privilege(s) do I get, just for being white?

ANNNNNNDDDD....you manage to ignore the response that provides just that. Were you not smart enough to see it or just being dishonest?

MrDante

You are wrong, ive had the murder of my child mocked and i'm white.

Do tell how not being mocked,over a childs death is a privilege.

Since you are confused:

priv·i·lege
ˈpriv(ə)lij/
noun
noun: privilege; plural noun: privileges

a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.

You know like affirmative action, a special right, advantage, available only to a particular group of people.
So you are saying that not only was your child gunned down in a race based shooting but groups of sick and hateful individuals also took to public media to not just cheer and defend your child's killer but put on display saying that it was good for a laugh, deserved and should be more widespread?

Yeah I'm gonna buy that.

MrDante

Objective facts:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/28/5-devastating-facts-black-black-crime/

Looks like they are privileged that they get the highest body counts?

"I hate this type of poorly considered question. Similar superficial interpretations are at the root of most Racism. Some racist Whites are going to interpret this as “Most Blacks are Criminals”. Many racist Blacks are going to interpret this as discrimination as “Whites are only accused if there is no handy Black suspect”." Quora

Danoh

Heck, even if the answer was yes, why is it racist for family members to help each other succeed?

Do you think I could get a job in a Chinese restaurant?
No, because they're all family owned, and they hire family members.

Which reminds me of a still un-answered question I asked - do Asians have white privilege, too?

Funny story - once when I walked into a Chinese restaurant for lunch; Marachi music was playing in the kitchen.

When I asked the waitress what that was about, she said "that's because the cooks are Mexican, and on their break, they practice for their other job as Mariachi singers" lol

Danoh

You are wrong, ive had the murder of my child mocked and i'm white.

Do tell how not being mocked,over a childs death is a privilege.

Since you are confused:

priv·i·lege
ˈpriv(ə)lij/
noun
noun: privilege; plural noun: privileges

a special right, advantage, or immunity granted or available only to a particular person or group of people.

You know like affirmative action, a special right, advantage, available only to a particular group of people.

My sincere condolences for your terrible, terrible loss, Angel4.

The Berean

Funny story - once when I walked into a Chinese restaurant for lunch; Marachi music was playing in the kitchen.

When I asked the waitress what that was about, she said "that's because the cooks are Mexican, and on their break, they practice for their other job as Mariachi singers" lol
Last night I was shopping for a birthday cake for my wife. I found a bakery called Copenhagen Crown Bakery. It billed itself as specializing in European pastries. I thought, "Cool that's something different." So I went there and to my complete surprise it was run and owned by a Chinese family. :rotfl:

Sent from my SM-G920V using TheologyOnline mobile app

glassjester

Just one? Here's one: White people aren't treated as representatives of their entire race, such that the actions of one are interpreted as the actions of all.

Sure they are, man.

Are you white? You ever been the only white person in the room?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Sure they are, man.

Are you white? You ever been the only white person in the room?

So, you've felt self-conscious of your actions in this room...like everything you did was representative of the entire white race?

If so, do you feel such a burden often?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
attachment.php

glassjester

So, you've felt self-conscious of your actions in this room...like everything you did was representative of the entire white race?

If so, do you feel such a burden often?

Sure, but it wasn't ever particularly burdensome. Why should it bother me?