Is this what Christian Love looks like? I'm disgusted and full of sadness.

Danoh

The new man cannot do them but the flesh doesn't go away. No matter how many times I try to quit sodas, I always go back to them despite their bad effects on my health.

Your problem with the soda is you don't go away from it :chuckle:

This impacts how we view these issues - as much as how said impact impacts how we view said issues...

Despite the impression too often given on TOL; Mid-Acts does not end at "we're not Israel" exclamation point, and or at "that's not our gospel" exclamation point.

There is Mid-Acts Dispensationalism.

But the Mid-Acts understanding was the result of an understanding first, and is meant to lead to, a further understanding of, the victory over sin that we have in Christ under God's Mystery Grace; in contrast to how things operated under the Law.

Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

What it boils down to as a practice is the issue of looking at things from a sense of Identity.

As when people say "I could never do such a thing; it just does not fit with how I see myself..."

That is a statement made from a sense of Identity.

To look at oneself from a sense of Identity is to look at oneself from a higher level of abstraction, then say, to look at oneself from a lower level of abstraction like, say, one's Behavior.

The sinner (Identity) is a sinner (Identity) not because he sins (Behavior) but because he is a sinner (Identity).

Note that the higher level impacts or results in, the lower one.

Contrary to the error of many the Believer is no longer a sinner.

He was.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

You wanna get rid of the soda pop Behavior?

Address it at the level of sense of Identity.

Simply remind yourself "THIS is NOT who I AM in Christ. I AM part of His victory over sin. The flesh shall not have dominion over me; that's what killed my Saviour - I want nothing to do with that."

"For (the) sin (nature) shall not have dominion over you."

You meet "a Christian" busy in their former "homosexual" sense of Identity; you have met someone living in opposition to the truth of Romans 6.

The right thing to do is to let them know - that THAT is NOT who God says in His Word He HAS MADE you IN His Son THIS SIDE OF when you Believed that Christ died for your sins.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Here, store this up in your inward man...

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

It is a proven fact that HOW we view ourselves impacts our behavior.

In this as to the Believer in contrast to the notions of too many in their formula for defeat as to the issues some would excuse away and or endorse unawares...

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Ephesians 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep!

Gen 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

The basis for human government and contrary to popular emotive opinion, honors GOD and maintains worth and dignity to man.

Preach to them the gospel of grace and then speedy execution.

Typically, it's those that don't believe in redemption and an afterlife that can't stomach capital punishment.

But, why consider the preservation of the human species as important at all if we're simply an accident and destined for a cosmic heat death. It's meaningless.
:BRAVO:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your problem with the soda is you don't go away from it :chuckle:

This impacts how we view these issues - as much as how said impact impacts how we view said issues...

Despite the impression too often given on TOL; Mid-Acts does not end at "we're not Israel" exclamation point, and or at "that's not our gospel" exclamation point.

There is Mid-Acts Dispensationalism.

But the Mid-Acts understanding was the result of an understanding first, and is meant to lead to, a further understanding of, the victory over sin that we have in Christ under God's Mystery Grace; in contrast to how things operated under the Law.

Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

What it boils down to as a practice is the issue of looking at things from a sense of Identity.

As when people say "I could never do such a thing; it just does not fit with how I see myself..."

That is a statement made from a sense of Identity.

To look at oneself from a sense of Identity is to look at oneself from a higher level of abstraction, then say, to look at oneself from a lower level of abstraction like, say, one's Behavior.

The sinner (Identity) is a sinner (Identity) not because he sins (Behavior) but because he is a sinner (Identity).

Note that the higher level impacts or results in, the lower one.

Contrary to the error of many the Believer is no longer a sinner.

He was.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

You wanna get rid of the soda pop Behavior?

Address it at the level of sense of Identity.

Simply remind yourself "THIS is NOT who I AM in Christ. I AM part of His victory over sin. The flesh shall not have dominion over me; that's what killed my Saviour - I want nothing to do with that."

"For (the) sin (nature) shall not have dominion over you."

You meet "a Christian" busy in their former "homosexual" sense of Identity; you have met someone living in opposition to the truth of Romans 6.

The right thing to do is to let them know - that THAT is NOT who God says in His Word He HAS MADE you IN His Son THIS SIDE OF when you Believed that Christ died for your sins.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Here, store this up in your inward man...

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

It is a proven fact that HOW we view ourselves impacts our behavior.

In this as to the Believer in contrast to the notions of too many in their formula for defeat as to the issues some would excuse away and or endorse unawares...

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Ephesians 4:20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; 4:23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
That's some darn good tootin' !!!!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Mid Acts Dispensationalism makes me want to horse laugh- they are just the most popular cult, not basing anything on sacred tradition. I as a Protestant am forced to defend Catholics on account of them. At least they have a proper understanding of Christianity_

Danoh

Mid Acts Dispensationalism makes me want to horse laugh- they are just the most popular cult, not basing anything on sacred tradition. I as a Protestant am forced to defend Catholics on account of them. At least they have a proper understanding of Christianity_

:chuckle: You are just one more incompetent who ever remains in your vile bias right past the validity of a post.

Danoh

Yeah, that's all you can say in defense of your heresy :rolleyes:

That is all you merit - any "Protestant" who sees merit in the RCC is a fool.

Are you even saved?

Let's hear out the basis of your salvation that it has you a Roman Catholic sympathizing bafoon.

Or is laying out the basis of your salvation too risky as an RCC sympathizer?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That is all you merit - any "Protestant" who sees merit in the RCC is a fool.

Are you even saved?

Let's hear out the basis of your salvation that it has you a Roman Catholic sympathizing bafoon.

Or is laying out the basis of your salvation too risky as an RCC sympathizer?

What a most ridiculous thing to imply- that a Calvinist is a 'Catholic supporter'.

No, you all are just so far away from proper Christianity that Catholicism is my only reference to anything comparable- you all have completely sabotaged the Gospel.

And to be honest, that is why your country is forsaken- you've taken over this establishment with your heresy, and God has judged you on account of it.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then there is a Biblical basis that is active in modern thought for a government to act against criminals.

I wonder why OP is so upset. :idunno:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Saint Augustine teaches that sexual deviance cleaves the soul and body apart- when you commit sexual deviance, you are actually in a state, literally, of damnation.
You see, your desire overcomes that of God.

That's really hard theology however, not for the soft hearted- Augustine is not known to pull his punches He's a tough read, but there is a bounty of knowledge therein.

Last edited:

musterion

Saint Augustine teaches that sexual deviance cleaves the soul and body apart- when you commit sexual deviance, you are actually in a state, literally, of damnation.
You see, your desire overcomes that of God.

That's really hard theology however, not for the soft hearted- Augustine is not known to pull his punches He's a tough read, but there is a bounty of knowledge therein.

Pagan.

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Is this what Christian Love looks like? I'm disgusted and full of sadness.

What part about a group of hostile people that were unloving and stingy with what they had, don't you get?

Sodomy is a state of heart, not of flesh.

If Jesus doesn't judge, but condemns Pharisees, who do you think the Spiritual Sodimites were and are?

Carnal sinners or the spiritually proud that condemn?

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Why are asserting this? Surely we know what sodomy is?

I assert this because of Ezekiel 16:48

Now this was the iniquity of your sister Sodom: she and her daughters had pride, plenty of food, and comfortable security, but didn't support the poor and needy.

....... This is the identical stance of the evil Pharisees that didn't turn from their self righteousness and hateful hearts, that were cloaked in Love. They judged sinners, while they were deeper sinners in their denial of the wickedness of their judgmental, hateful hearts and spirit. They failed to recognize the presence of the absolute Love of God, manifested in the Flesh of God and Man. (Jesus Christ, God with us)

So, God forgive me,

Sodomy is the Spiritual rape of a person in a very unpleasant way, through misrepresentation of God's provisions towards man, provided by God.

It is transgression of God's Royal decree to Love your neighbor as yourself.

It's like a bunch of people out to gang rape visitors, when they should be showing them Love and Service like the Good Samaritan or Abraham, who broke bread with his three guests.

Does that make since in the way I express it?

One more assertion, compare my cited passage in Ezekiel to Matthew 23 and please tell me if you see it.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Last edited:

Danoh

What a most ridiculous thing to imply- that a Calvinist is a 'Catholic supporter'.

No, you all are just so far away from proper Christianity that Catholicism is my only reference to anything comparable- you all have completely sabotaged the Gospel.

And to be honest, that is why your country is forsaken- you've taken over this establishment with your heresy, and God has judged you on account of it.

Yours is more like "to be Scripturally incompetent...

You're just another closet Pentecostal or Superstionist.

It figures.

God had nothing to do with the genocide and human trafficking the U.S.A. was "inspired" on.

That came from you and yours, and is just the remainder of the Reformed reading into a thing as "God inspired" and all it's hockum not even Darby's great contribution has been able to erase from the collective ignorance of many a believer; be they Reformed or "Dispensational."