Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

Arthur Brain

both of you appear to be fixated on my statement that i will be standing alongside God laughing at the wicked as they earn their just reward

get over it

Well no, but typical of you to presume such. Your anticipatory glee at the suffering of others who you're in no way qualified to judge anyway was all your own doing.

Really not sure why you're smarting over being called on it so much.

Arthur Brain

it reminds me of the bananahead's obsession with my statement that some people deserve to be raped :dizzy:

"the bananhead"? You mean Anna?

Do you have any idea of just how childish and unhinged you're coming over with this silly little name calling /"schizophrenic" garbage at others you're doing yet?

:AMR:

Arthur Brain

is a figment of your obsessive fevered imagination

Dude, you said you would be laughing alongside God at FL suffering in hell. I didn't imagine you saying that and it's right there on this thread itself, just a few pages ago.

You've been quoted on it so quit digging a deeper hole for yourself.

Or carry on if you want, I'd sooner get back to the topic right now as this is boring.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Dude, you said you would be laughing alongside God at FL suffering in hell.

i did and i will be

i don't say it with glee

in fact, i say it with regret, regret that the wicked won't turn from their wicked ways and accept Christ

i suspect you'll reject that :sigh:

Arthur Brain

just after midnight, is it?

when's last call?

Ten past.

You tell me, you're the one that seems to be inebriated or intoxicated tonight. On that note, I'm just gonna ignore these ever more unhinged distractions of yours and suggest you get some sleep.

:e4e:

Arthur Brain

i did and i will be

i don't say it with glee

in fact, i say it with regret, regret that the wicked won't turn from their wicked ways and accept Christ

i suspect you'll reject that :sigh:

Well, one more reply then. If you really had regret over someone you thought bound for suffering then you wouldn't describe it with anticipatory laughter. Simple as.

For folk who have functioning empathy centers of the brain at any rate.

Arthur Brain

So, what's the claim?

If you blow it in this life, you remain separated from God for all eternity?
Just wander around with no one to talk to?

You burn in hellfire for all eternity?
Like the burning bush, but never burn up?

God expects us to forgive, but He refuses?
He is unable?
He is too Righteous to forgive everyone?

For those who ascribe to eternal torment it seems to be the case, yes. Then, what if people are brought up in poverty where survival is paramount? Or in areas where other religions are indoctrinated? Also, what's the point in it? Does it bring glory to a deity to create life and just let it suffer with no purpose if they get things wrong in a brief speck of physical existence?

Logos X addressed this in so much more detail in the battle royale link but some people just don't want to read or learn.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
God doesn't kill. He can only bless. Those who are judged bring judgment upon themselves. God would that all men might be saved. He's never turned anyone away.

Interesting. I actually agree. Love doesn’t hate, and God doesn’t kill. Yet, one must admit this is a world of death so, God being God, obviously made it this way for a reason. Darned if I know what that reason is.

Obviously he did make this world to be inhabited. There was a time when I was attempting to believe in Dispensationalism, and even Universalism when I considered that it may be possible that we are the fallen angels, down here on a re-do.

ok doser

For those who ascribe to eternal torment it seems to be the case, yes.

in other words, those who can read scripture clearly

Then, what if people are brought up in poverty where survival is paramount?

in what scenario would a person's survival depend on rejecting God because of poverty?

Or in areas where other religions are indoctrinated?

good question
Also, what's the point in it?

justice
Does it bring glory to a deity to create life and just let it suffer with no purpose if they get things wrong in a brief speck of physical existence?

rather, it removes a stain from His presence (see: filthy rags)

Logos X addressed this in so much more detail in the battle royale link but some people just don't want to read or learn.

:yawn:

ok doser

For folk who have functioning empathy centers of the brain at any rate.

still waiting for you to describe your compassion and empathy for the person who kidnaps, tortures, rapes and murders seventeen children

if you do, i'll tell you about my empathy and compassion for that person

Arthur Brain

still waiting for you to describe your compassion and empathy for the person who kidnaps, tortures, rapes and murders seventeen children

Me, very little to none.

What were you expecting me to answer? In context of this subject you're constantly reduced to extremes to justify your position just as with the Hitler stuff. You believe that someone's relative who hasn't committed any atrocity is bound for your version of "hell" so what about them? You gonna get all self righteous as to how they deserve the suffering you not only put forward but look forward to?

Arthur Brain

in other words, those who can read scripture clearly

Eh, they must be reading it through different glasses then...

in what scenario would a person's survival depend on rejecting God because of poverty?

Like asking a dying child why it rejected God.

good question

It was and one you have no answer for apparently.

Only a warped perception of one.

rather, it removes a stain from His presence (see: filthy rags)

I think I'm seeing a version of them now...

Well of course it would bore you. You're not interested.

:)

ok doser

ok doser

Me, very little to none.

then i have more empathy and compassion than you, for i would encourage them to turn to Christ before justice is served upon them

Arthur Brain

then i have more empathy and compassion than you, for i would encourage them to turn to Christ before justice is served upon them

No, you don't because you can only bring in extremes in order to try and justify your stance on eternal torment so don't pretend that you suddenly have some compassion for child murderers when you have none for anyone else.

Personally, I'd have very little to actually none in regards to child murderers but that doesn't mean that God can't impart justice and still bring about a restoration of all whereby eternal torment isn't part of things. With you, a child murderer could go to Heaven while the remaining victims of such an atrocity could still go to "hell" if they didn't believe the right thing.