Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Try to understand this, we're talking about rape, not about whether a man or a woman can try to seduce someone and whether if they do they have some responsibility for the seduction.

To begin with, most rapes have nothing whatsoever to do with your scenario. Secondly, if you force someone into sex against their will you're a rapist and the responsibility and blame for your act is, unsurprisingly, yours and yours alone.

Have you noticed that these arguments/excuses are similar to those the pro-abortion crowd utilize when they scramble to find excuses for abortion?

The man was enticed ... therefore, it is the fault of the rape victim.

The woman was raped and became pregnant ... therefore, it is the fault of her unborn baby.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
From his posts I surmise that he has a deep seated and profound hatred of women.

I wouldn't expect anything less if I said the sky was blue, the way you few love to project :rolleyes:

Yep ... it's nothing new. Due to their disagreeing with him, he has also labeled Kat, Tam and Angel as feminists as well.

Ktoyou flat out said she's a feminist, and there's not a single thing that differs between you all and her :chuckle:

Just because you aren't stated feminists doesn't mean that you aren't one. You few are extremely feminized in your philosophies.

elohiym

It wasn't until 1975 that forced sex in marriage became illegal.

Funny how in that short of time, it's now seen as the worst thing since Satan.

Forced sex is rape, whether it's committed by a stranger or someone pretending to be a husband.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The man was enticed ... therefore, it is the fault of the rape victim.

If you ever bothered to read Proverbs, you will see that Solomon had a very different approach to who is at fault then you all make it to be.

You all want to choose feminized society as your guide rather than the scriptures, and that is why you can't seem to shut up about it because you're trying to snuff out the damning elephant you don't want anyone to acknowledge about the status of women today.

Over three months and counting... never gets old being a professional victim, does it :rolleyes:

glorydaz

If I set my wallet down on on the table and walk away for a minute I'm not the reason you're a thief.

Oh, we're talking about wallets?

I was thinking we were talking about how all women are innocent of any wrong doing. :think:

You could call the action careless or indifferent, but I'm not guilty of anything, because I haven't done a single thing that's wrong. I've simply had my wallet stolen.

"By means of a whorish woman....." According to you, she has done nothing wrong. :think:

Proverbs 6:24-26
To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman. Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids. For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adultress will hunt for the precious life.​

"She caused him to yield......she forced him." According to you, she did nothing wrong. :think:

Proverbs 7:21 With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

Proverbs 7:26 For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.​

Try to pay attention Town. Notice how I highlighted your words about the poor innocent women who were doing nothing wrong....as if that were true of all women who ended up being raped. I gave you an example of an evil woman (since you clearly don't believe they exist).

When does she miraculously become an innocent victim without any fault?

Try to understand this, we're talking about rape, not about whether a man or a woman can try to seduce someone and whether if they do they have some responsibility for the seduction.

To begin with, most rapes have nothing whatsoever to do with your scenario. Secondly, if you force someone into sex against their will you're a rapist and the responsibility and blame for your act is, unsurprisingly, yours and yours alone.

"We're talking about rape", you say, but it was YOU that gave the example of the wallet. My example of the "evil woman" actively being evil is an example where a woman is doing something wrong. She is not a wallet sitting on a table. She is not one of the "most" women who get raped.

If you had an ounce of honesty in you, you would admit that you DID do something wrong when you left your wallet on the table. It wouldn't be gone had you not have done so. And you would admit that there are SOME women who are evil and have fault of their own that cannot be ignored just because they are women.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Forced sex is rape, whether it's committed by a stranger or someone pretending to be a husband.

Cool story. Rape means 'to seize'.

I bet women never seize anything, huh? Using sex as a reward or as a device of control. Threatening to leave, anon anon.

But good job making an idol of a women's body above all other things. There's nothing new under the sun.

2qlhlxf.jpg

elohiym

But good job making an idol of a women's body above all other things.

You seem to be doing that, and it's an idol you feel compelled to destroy, a.k.a. a straw man.

My point stands: forced sex is rape, with no exceptions for "married" men or women.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You seem to be doing that, and it's an idol you feel compelled to destroy. My point stands: forced sex is rape, with no exceptions for "married" men or women.

So is using sex as a device of control.

You all are the one's who have made an idol of it, and yes, it is something to be destroyed. If your husband rapes you than you aren't without fault, it's just that simple. It's why I don't have much sympathy for a women trying to put their husband in prison because he forced himself upon her.

The real abomination isn't the sin you all are pointing at. This institution of man shaming is pathetic, to say the least of the men who rally it. I see women supporting other women, and throwing shade on men- and then I see men betraying fellow men for those women. And that's just sad.

It's like the Olympics to see who can have the worst case of Stockholm's syndrome.

elohiym

So is using sex as a device of control.

By forcing it on another person.

If your husband rapes you than you aren't without fault, it's just that simple. It's why I don't have much sympathy for a women trying to put their husband in prison because he forced himself upon her.

Could you craft a more asinine statement?

...I see men betraying fellow men for those women. And that's just sad.

You and your red pill clan are betraying men.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You and your red pill clan are betraying men.

There are a growing amount of men coming out of that spell that women and feminized society had on them.

Women have it better than men across the board.
Except rape.

So go figure that WE TALK ABOUT RAPE FOR THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT, SNUFFING OUT ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS A CRITICISM TO WOMEN OR ISSUES THEY BRING TO MEN.

You should take that 'red pill' and then watch and listen to the insanity that IS all of you, I can't think of a better word as a label to it other than a flat out idolatry of women :rolleyes:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Indeed! Her posts do betray a certain parochialism which brooks no dissent. She initiates a sneer campaign if the slightest hint of disagreement wafts into the air....

Well, when you're dealing with people who act like they've never picked up a Bible in their life when this subject arises, what else is their besides what is revealed by the 'waft'?

Proverbs 23:27-28
"For a prostitute is a deep pit and a wayward wife is a narrow well. Like a bandit she lies in wait, and multiplies the unfaithful among men."

There's interesting implications all throughout the Bible which make you all's grandstanding dubious. It's not your religion that you got you're ideology on the matter with, it's the carnal world.

There was a time when rape wasn't illegal, divorce was felonious, and prostitution was legal. This was the overwhelming majority of western Christian history.
It has changed: divorce is not a crime in most places, rape is illegal, and prostitution is illegal.

It completely reversed, you see- your morals are definitively and demonstrably relative.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
You mean there are some men looking to blame their feelings of inadequacy of women. That's really nothing new.

The exact opposite is going on- women are blaming men for their inadequacies.

This was tolerated when there was equality, but now women have special, protected rights, quotas, resources, have favoritism in domestic disputes, anon anon.

Now they are just flat out done with it. They are tired of this apparent plague running through society which causes a complete focus on women and an abandonment of men's interests.

And I don't see why people should blame them for felling that way. They have every reason and right to be. How many homeless women have you seen in your life? Seen the unnatural death statistics lately? How about custody winnings? I got about fifteen other things, want to hear them?

Forget worrying myself about people who have it made over others and still gripe when someone calls them out on the nonsense they perpetuate. There's two types of men- those like that and those like this, and it's not specific to just women either :rolleyes:

elohiym

The exact opposite is going on- women are blaming men for their inadequacies.

At least you admit it's about men's inadequacies. Some men can't get over the fact that other men are bigger, more intelligent and better looking than them. Being all whiny about it isn't going to make them more desirable to women. It will have the opposite effect.

glorydaz

Indeed! Her posts do betray a certain parochialism which brooks no dissent. She initiates a sneer campaign if the slightest hint of disagreement wafts into the air....

Let me guess....this current "sneer" of yours is directed at me. Speaking of "wafts into the air", you're as predictable as a good bowel movement, Bybee.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...There's interesting implications all throughout the Bible which make you all's grandstanding dubious.
Not if you understand the point. No.

There was a time when rape wasn't illegal
Before law? Maybe. But otherwise, you're insane. The Greeks noted "the crime of Laius", which was the rape of Chrysippus. The Romans had it codified. The principal problem with rape historically is that it was seen more as a crime against the head of the household than the woman...but that's what you get from those social orders.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
At least you admit it's about men's inadequacies. Some men can't get over the fact that other men are bigger, more intelligent and better looking than them. Being all whiny about it isn't going to make them more desirable to women. It will have the opposite effect.

I didn't admit anything. I meant women's inadequacies.

They can't do as a man does, so they demand it to be handed to them. Women in office is a perfect example- they want them to simply be placed in there. But the thing is, women make up 60% of the voting body.

There is nothing good in what these women perpetuate in today's world. They are abysmally self involved- they can't even own up to their faults in marriage or anything else. There's an excuse behind everything, even prostitution and any basis for divorce.

Women are the ones whining. Whining, moping, harboring a victim complex- and they don't even know their own privileges and advantages. To say those responding to it are 'whining' or being a 'wimp' just reinforces that fact- it's even a cause to be against it more because it means that reality is being acknowledged and rejected.

It's utterly ridiculous. This is in part the reason why, for most of mankind's history, women have been treated something like children. Sorry to break bad with the truth :rolleyes:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
http://www.nationalreview.com/artic...ecause-sometimes-yes-means-no-katherine-timpf

The headline reads: yes means yes is not enough because sometimes yes means no.

That's all one needs to read- spare yourself the time from actually reading that drivel.

That's why I don't care about people stating the obvious- 'no means no'. Cool story. Was there a point to be made? No, there wasn't- it's moping in disguise and it's insulting to men.
Shenanigans means 'shenanigans', and that's what this nonsense is- yes means yes and tomorrow's regret is not yesterday's rape. Deal with it.

I do agree with you on this.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
I wonder how many men died of "accidents" or sudden tragic "illnessess" before it became illegal?

Probably not many, being that women couldn't steal everything from the man when a marriage doesn't work like they do now. Some women thrive on it in today's world :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.