Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenios

she cheated on me and moved out

it's over

You see, if you had been successfully married for, say, 40 years or so, had a wife and children who loved you and grand-children too, and said that there is no such thing as rape in a Christian marriage, then your words would have more impact...

As it is, when someone says such a thing from the perspective of a failed marriage, one suspects that the pronouncement is from the perspective of failure in marriage, and carries an absence of impact...

This is called the "Ontological Argument"...

It is one I missed in my years as an atheist.

Arsenios

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You see, if you had been successfully married for, say, 40 years or so, had a wife and children who loved you and grand-children too, and said that there is no such thing as rape in a Christian marriage, then your words would have more impact...

As it is, when someone says such a thing from the perspective of a failed marriage, one suspects that the pronouncement is from the perspective of failure in marriage, and carries an absence of impact...

This is called the "Ontological Argument"...

It is one I missed in my years as an atheist.

Arsenios

married for 32 years

raised two boys to adulthood

Arsenios

married for 32 years

raised two boys to adulthood

May God bless your boys and your efforts...

But successful marriages do not end in infidelity and divorce...

My own parents were married and divorced to and from each other twice... Coming apart was bitter and vicious for them...

I never married...

Arsenios

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
For anyone actually following the argument, if you're raped, the fault, blame and guilt attach singularly to the person who willfully forced himself upon you. It was his willful act that caused the harm, not your deciding to go for a run alone ...

if you decide to go for a run alone, doped up on roofies and vodka tonics, stark naked, through a stadium full of drunken frat boys....

You Didn't Do Anything Wrong!

see: Mary,

Who Didn't Do Anything Wrong!

Arsenios

did your mom leave the cookie jar down where you could reach it?

I think everyone gets your point that carnal attire and actions attract carnal responses...

But in a Christian marriage,
when she SAYS no,
then it IS no...
And IF the husband refuses to honor his wife
and
forces himself upon her,
then he is committing rape...

Don't you agree?

Arsenios

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Exactly. Amazing that some here seem to think the majority of rapes must only happen to strippers and half naked women pressing themselves up against men. Oh, and what was it? Naked women walking through a men's prison, or something like that?

Cite or lie. No one has said any such lie. Wow, you are becoming more and more desperate. Its really sad to watch.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Cite or lie. No one has said any such lie. Wow, you are becoming more and more desperate. Its really sad to watch.

Don't go into hysterics. I was making the point that the only scenarios given to justify that argument are the extreme scenarios that are unlikely to happen. If you don't like what I say, put me on ignore, because I'm going to say it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Don't go into hysterics. I was making the point that the only scenarios given to justify that argument are the extreme scenarios that are unlikely to happen. If you don't like what I say, put me on ignore, because I'm going to say it.

:rotfl: I think you need to get a mirror and a dictionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.