Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
These women would have a heart attack if they heard all of what St. Augustine has to say :chuckle:

Liberal historians like to make him synonymous to being sexist.

Funny how that is applied to one of the most brilliant theologians in Christian history :think:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This thread is about marital rape, so I don't think the dog would be much help.

For some women, the gun was.

Martial arts. If you haven't viewed the movie "Enough" it's a great example of a woman empowering herself and protecting her child against battering husband.

I love happy endings. :cloud9:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
one of the greatest lines ever written
is from one of the greatest songs

'some people claim that there's a woman to blame
but I know it's my own dam fault'

women need only substitute man for the word woman
You honestly think that applies to someone who's raped? :plain:

I hope not.

ClimateSanity

you're claiming that with rape there are no instances in which there's plenty of blame to spread around?

The woman could strip naked and press flat against a stranger's body who is drunk and she would have no blame whatsoever in making it more likely for a rape to happen in his mind.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The woman could strip naked and press flat against a stranger's body who is drunk and she would have no blame whatsoever in making it more likely for a rape to happen in his mind.

Thats the scenerio i have issues with, a drunk female is deemed to be unable to consent, yet a drunk male is perfectly guilty of "reason" and should have known better than to accept the offer from the drunk female because she "couldnt" consent due to her inebriation??

Clear double standard.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The moment your force yourself upon someone sexually and against their will you're a rapist. It's your action that defines you. It doesn't matter how you think to justify it. You could say she showed too much ankle, went without a bra, or danced naked in front of you.

If it makes you feel better you could prosecute the strange woman for public indecency, lewd acts, an unwanted touching, etc.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The moment your force yourself upon someone sexually and against their will you're a rapist. It's your action that defines you. It doesn't matter how you think to justify it. You could say she showed too much ankle, went without a bra, or danced naked in front of you.

If it makes you feel better you could prosecute the strange woman for public indecency, lewd acts, an unwanted touching, etc.

She isnt forcing herself on him in a sexual way the moment she presses herself on him?

glorydaz

She isnt forcing herself on him in a sexual way the moment she presses herself on him?

I do have to chuckle sometimes at the willful ignorance of those who cannot accept the power of a woman. They cast her as an innocent victim without fault ....no matter what "evil woman" behavior she exhibits. Do any of them DARE TO READ what the Bible has to say? No, they refuse!!!!!!!

Proverbs 6:24-26
To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman. Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids. For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adultress will hunt for the precious life.

Proverbs 7:21-26
With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him. He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks; Till a dart strike through his liver; as a bird hasteth to the snare, and knoweth not that it is for his life. Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth. Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths. For she hath cast down many wounded: yea, many strong men have been slain by her.​

ClimateSanity

You are a lawyer and you have poor.reading comprehension. Nowhere did i say the rapist isn't guilty nor did i try to.justify it. Quit reading your thoughts into my words. I said nothing about prosecuting the victim. Quit reading things other than what is clearly written.

Clean that liberal brainwashed mind clean for a second and listen to what i actually say.

The woman in my example bears responsibility for making the CHANCES of a rape increase astronomically by her actions. That's all I am saying....... Nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.