Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elohiym

what?

how could you construct a sentence like that?

Because I've argued on this forum with Christians who believe a person can be a murderer and a Christian at the same time, so why not a pedophile, or a rapist? It's a doctrine that has people believing they are saved no matter what they do... so they do.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Because I've argued on this forum with Christians who believe a person can be a murderer and a Christian at the same time, so why not a pedophile, or a rapist? It's a doctrine that has people believing they are saved no matter what they do... so they do.

did you know all christians are sinners?
and
are you saying it depends on what kind of sins?

truthjourney

Yet he didn't know it is wrong to abuse anyone.

"This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me."
He was probably highly respected and gave the appearance of someone who couldn't possibly do something like that. I don't think he was concerned about right or wrong but with getting even, teaching her a lesson.:plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
you were pointing out how men were making some progress in the courts
That the presumptions based upon gender had been thrown out, so sure, I'd say that's progress and contrary to Cruc's notions of advantage.

and
I showed how well they were doing off court
but
it was somewhat conditional

did you see what I did there?
Not really. It sounds like you're making hay from a case you have in mind. I don't see an anecdotal doing much in relation to my point, especially given your facts, as related. And so my response on the point to you.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Indeed ... another example of evil and patriarchy walking hand in hand.

So basically, you believe patriarchy is evil because patriarchy has operated pretty much the same from Eden to now. The only difference is that now men are becoming feminized and basically betraying men to support you- who takes all the credit when all women really did was become envious of men having industrialized the world.

Reaching for the fruit again :rolleyes:

You don't know a lot about mankind's reality, just the current altered state of society- taking it for granted, and treating your gender like a disadvantage while paradoxically acting as though one is equal or superior.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
A wife crying rape by her husband is something I just don't take so seriously. It's her husband. It's a victim complex, it's not actually real but something imagined.

beat.jpg

I doubt she imagined those swellings on her face and elsewhere, and that her children imagined them when it happened right in front of them.

3.jpg

That's the effect that feminism has done, you wouldn't catch women acting that way about it a century ago.

Right you wouldnt catch a woman reporting it a century ago, they knew full well they and possibly their children would be dead if they tried.

It wasnt untill the 1970s that cops even cared about domestic abuse which came about by a man beating his wife to death in full view of neighbors and police.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So basically, you believe patriarchy is evil because patriarchy has operated pretty much the same from Eden to now. The only difference is that now men are becoming feminized and basically betraying men to support you- who takes all the credit when all women really did was become envious of men having industrialized the world.
You're like the Old Faithful of declarative nonsense.

Reaching for the fruit again :rolleyes:
I know you didn't think that one through, but thank you. :chuckle:

You should try answering on your own points when called to it. You're wrong about privilege, you're wrong about the law and you run from sustaining your own positions like Usain Bolt to the finish line. Otherwise, you're a real lumberjack.

And marital rape? Still utterly indefensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.