Theology Club: Is MAD doctrine correct?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Luke 9:6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

The disciples were evidencing the good news that the kingdom had come in the Person and ministry of Jesus and were preparing the hearts of people to recognize His preaching of the kingdom being at hand. Matthew 3:2, 4:17, 10:7

The disciples were not proclaiming the death and resurrection of Jesus during this commission.

Which you imply they were so doing in ignorance.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Luke 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

Luke 9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

Luke 9:3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.

Luke 9:4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.

Luke 9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

Luke 9:6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

Luke 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

Luke 18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

Luke 18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luke 18:34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Accept this correction Nang, humble yourself.
so beautifully simple.

Thank you, STP.
You are a blessing.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Luke 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

Luke 9:2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

Luke 9:3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.

Luke 9:4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.

Luke 9:5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

Luke 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.

Luke 18:32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:

Luke 18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

Luke 18:34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Accept this correction Nang, humble yourself.
:first:

SaulToPaul 2

The disciples were not proclaiming the death and resurrection of Jesus during this commission.

Which you imply they were so doing in ignorance.

You don't have a clue what you are saying.

I KNOW they didn't preach the cross during those 3 years, but the HOLY BIBLE says they preached the gospel of the kingdom.

Humble yourself, and accept correction.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

I KNOW they didn't preach the cross during those 3 years, but the HOLY BIBLE says they preached the gospel of the kingdom.

Well this of course, is your take on the disciples' evangelizing, because you believe in 2 different gospels.

I believe there is only one gospel, and that includes all the covenant promises from God given to a godly remnant of mankind (Hebrews Chapter 11) of the sure salvation according to His grace, through His provision of a Mediator/Redeemer. This gospel was given through covenant to Abraham, who understood the significance of a substitutional sacrifice, etc. See Genesis 22:11-18

After the fulfillment of all these covenant gospel promises were performed and evidenced by Jesus Christ in the flesh, and in the fullness of time, a full gospel including the events of the Lord's death and resurrection was proclaimed by the Apostles with complete spiritual knowledge of the significance and purpose of all the earlier promises.

One gospel of grace. Called the "New Covenant" established between God and men. Performed solely by the Lord from Heaven, Jesus the Christ; fulfilled according to the prophets, and as promised to Abraham and David, and all the O.T. saints alike. Luke 24:44

You clearly implied Peter was preaching the cross without understanding it. You are receiving accolades for doing nothing but sowing confusion. . . but that is the normal fruit produced by dispensationalists. Dispies find and exert illegitimate powers by confusing and abusing the Holy Scriptures.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Any day now.

Shasta

Only for the gospel of uncircumcision.

Only for the circumcision.

Then why don't you? The body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is alive. Not for you, only those in Christ.

Romans 4

10 How then was it accounted? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised.

Once again, the gospel of circumcision is not the gospel of uncircumcision.

James is not wrong.

James 2

20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?

Paul mentions Abraham before circumcision. James mentions him afterwards. Why is this so hard for you all? I think you are not wrong, you are evil and being deceptive.

All irrelevant. We are talking about the Bible, not what people think of the Bible.

What you have been talking about all this time is about what people, specifically a select number of people since the 1800s, have been saying ABOUT what the Bible said, from a certain translation, moreover. You might happen to believe what they say about the Bible but it is not as if you came up with it all on your own, straight from the throne.

I was offering an historical argument based on the assumption that the decent of truth from the First Century should show signs of what the Early Church taught. If there is no evidence at all for it (as there is not) then you would wonder why the dual gospels disappeared so quickly and completely.

Shasta

People who say that there has only ever been one gospel either:

1. Are insane
2. Don't believe the Holy Bible when shown the distinction

In other words no one can sincerely and with legitimate reasons believe anything else? I don't think that's correct. I would not say everyone who disagrees with me is crazy, stupid or hard-headed. That is quite an accusation considering that hardly anyone in Christendom believes MAD - or ever did, for that matter. We can disagree on a lot of matters and still be children of God (depending on what the truth issue is. On the other hand, we can agree on everything and not be.

SaulToPaul 2

In other words no one can sincerely and with legitimate reasons believe anything else? I don't think that's correct. I would not say everyone who disagrees with me is crazy, stupid or hard-headed. That is quite an accusation considering that hardly anyone in Christendom believes MAD - or ever did, for that matter. We can disagree on a lot of matters and still be children of God (depending on what the truth issue is. On the other hand, we can agree on everything and not be.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4071819&postcount=1400

The twelve preached "the gospel", yet the cross was hidden from them. It cannot be the same "the gospel" as 1 Cor 15:1-4.

So, I stand by what I said :jump:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What you have been talking about all this time is about what people, specifically a select number of people since the 1800s

The apostle Paul lived much further in the past than the 1800s. At what point will address the scripture posted? Will you go the route of godrulz and tell us it doesn't mean what it says, then never say what it really means? Here is your chance. And just so you know, a devout and ridiculous defender of the gospel said on TOL once, "James is wrong". Hence my comment that he is not wrong.

Romans 4

10 How then was it accounted? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised.

Once again, the gospel of circumcision is not the gospel of uncircumcision.

James is not wrong.

James 2

20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?

Paul mentions Abraham before circumcision. James mentions him afterwards. Why is this so hard for you all? I think you are not wrong, you are evil and being deceptive.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

When a group does not have a sound biblical or intellectual basis/foundation to stand upon, they are reduced to ad hominem everytime they are confronted with fact.

These hyper-dispensationalists are badly brainwashed from the heretical authors they have picked to follow, and are so confused, they cannot form any decent argument without falling into arguments against each other . . . thus they offer no logical defenses at all in order to avoid embarrassing themselves.

Add to this, they cannot be convinced to read church history at all, in order to put their idols, Darby, Scofield, etc., into any perspective.

They have simply created an extremely shallow pond, in which they can pretend to be big fish, and there is absolutely no getting through to them at all.

Mad is the epitome of humanistic hermeneutics run full course resulting in mental and spiritual delusion.

Why? They possess no love of the truth. II Thessalonians 2:9-12

SaulToPaul 2

When a group does not have a sound biblical or intellectual basis/foundation to stand upon, they are reduced to ad hominem everytime they are confronted with fact.

Examples,

These hyper-dispensationalists are badly brainwashed from the heretical authors they have picked to follow, and are so confused, they cannot form any decent argument without falling into arguments against each other . . . thus they offer no logical defenses at all in order to avoid embarrassing themselves.

Add to this, they cannot be convinced to read church history at all, in order to put their idols, Darby, Scofield, etc., into any perspective.

They have simply created an extremely shallow pond, in which they can pretend to be big fish, and there is absolutely no getting through to them at all.

Mad is the epitome of humanistic hermeneutics run full course resulting in mental and spiritual delusion.

Why? They possess no love of the truth. II Thessalonians 2:9-12

Oddly, the truth is 2 Thess 2 is "the gospel", but Nang cannot tell us what it is.

Shasta

They could not have talked about the cross before it was revealed. It could not have been the power to save" until the work was finished. They could not have preached about the resurrection either until it had happened but I think it would be hard to preach any kind of "gospel" that did not include the Risen Christ. The disciples brought that part into the kerygma after the fact. As the light increased so their message expanded.

As God increases light, more is given to us and more is expected from us. There is no need to conceptualize the existence of two gospels of salvation, partition the NT or bring division into the Body of Christ when it is a matter of progressive revelation.