IS M.A.D. DOCTRINE NECESSARY IN ORDER TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
We are "buried with Him"! We are and were identified (that's what baptism is: identification) with Christ's death, burial and resurrection by the operation of God. Believe the passages I cited for you.

Does Jesus endorse water baptism?

Tattooed Theist

The reason I said endorse is because Jesus baptized more people than John.
Yes, I wasn't correcting you at all, merely adding to (for my own sake, not yours) :)

Yes (Mark 16:16 KJV). That's not TO us (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV). There is more than one set of marching orders in the so called NT. Your job is to figure out where Gentiles such as we fit in. It's not all to us or about us!

Of course, Heir, I do not argue that at all.

My question to you would be this, why would one argue for baptism to be removed?
For what detriment is there that baptism causes?

If baptism is an essential then it should be done, yes?
If baptism is a non essential then it is a beautiful outward representation of an inward transformation, yes?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
No that comes from mixing allegory with secular history that builds a temple and kingdom made of sand that secular and honest religious scholars can't find any verification of, Exodus to David,Solomon,Jesus,twelve,Paul, etc.... have next to nothing to back up the Biblical stories about them, which is obviously right when Luke 17:20-21, Acts 17:24, 1Cor 3:16, Galatians 4:24, is grasp by Revelation Galatians 1:12, you just can't except that the kingdom is Spiritual and is within you and that the allegory is retold over and over from Cain and Able to all other twins through the Biblical path, you would rather belong to a good ole boy club/box and hide behind that egocentric veil instead of thinking for you're self! God is Spirit GM so all those shadows/types you think are literal kingdom events have bewitched you Galatians 3:1-4, Christ/seed comes in flesh asleep/dead/ignorant/buried until raised from that state which is what Romans 6 explains, you rightfully understand baptism as spiritual then turn around and try to make Romans 6 a literal physical event! Romans 7:9, Mad and all literalist dogma equals spiritual confusion and have yet to resurrect :rip:

:kookoo: I'm afraid you've lost way too much Grey matter, my friend. Your prognosis isn't good.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Of course, Heir, I do not argue that at all.

My question to you would be this, why would one argue for baptism to be removed?
I'm not arguing for it's "removal". Today it's a sign that someone may be trusting in their works and not the Lord's finished work where salvation is concerned or man pleasing fair shew in the flesh that one can be counted.

If baptism is an essential then it should be done, yes?
It's not a requirement to us nor has it ever been to us.
If baptism is a non essential then it is a beautiful outward representation of an inward transformation, yes?
No. Not if one is endevouring to keep the unity of the Spirit which includes, but one baptism where we are concerned (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV).

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 12:13 states: "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

There's ONLY one baptism today and that's when The Holy Spirit "Supernaturally" baptizes the believer into the Body of Christ. It has nothing to do with water baptism, which is unnecessary in this Dispensation of the Grace of God.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Matthew 3:11 would be a reasonable argument against water baptism in this Dispensation: "I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:"

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
A HUGE problem with getting "water baptized" today is if someone believes they must, "Add something" to what God has given to them for free, through faith in Christ. I'm mainly reiterating what Heir already said.

SimpleMan77

1 Corinthians 12:13 states: "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

There's ONLY one baptism today and that's when The Holy Spirit "Supernaturally" baptizes the believer into the Body of Christ. It has nothing to do with water baptism, which is unnecessary in this Dispensation of the Grace of God.

I find it amazing that Trinitarians cannot look at that "one baptism" and not automatically assume that there are 3 co-equal, consubstantial baptisms.

God can be 3-in-one, but baptism by water, fire and Holy Ghost can't???

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.