Is It "Sexual Assault" If Nobody Complains?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The left (especially the CBC) has been portraying trump's foolish nonsense from eleven years ago as an admission of sexual assault

but no women have come forward to complain, and trump's own boasting said

“... when you’re a star, they let you do it,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

is it "sexual assault" if it's consensual? :dizzy:

ok doser

Debate moderator Anderson Cooper said organizers received a deluge of questions for viewers about the video, which was published online on Friday, saying, “You bragged that you have sexually assaulted women, do you understand that?”

DilatedMind

The left (especially the CBC) has been portraying trump's foolish nonsense from eleven years ago as an admission of sexual assault

“... when you’re a star, they let you do it,” Trump says. “You can do anything.”

If it's consensual, it's not assault.

That the media has pounced on this particular SNAFU with such gusto (given the cavalcade of other things that should bury this idiot being both present and correct) is a bit weird, but such is the diktat of their Public Opinion Algorithm (presumably).

Generally speaking, though, if you need to ask whether actually grabbing the genitals as a surprise method of introducing yourself to a prospective partner is viable, you need therapy. Lots of it. Urgently.

Now, if you're digging into the complexity of how fame lowers the proximal defences against predatory behaviour, then you've got me interested.

As a pinko-commie-infidel-atheist-liberal, I've got to hand it to my adversaries, it's an issue to which I have to admit defeat. The Armour Of God does appear to be faster acting and more effective than education and advocacy of self-esteem.

ok doser

Generally speaking, though, if you need to ask whether actually grabbing the genitals as a surprise method of introducing yourself to a prospective partner is viable, you need therapy. Lots of it. Urgently.

you gotta realize, i came of age during disco

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

Women have come forward individually, but in a "she said, he said" atmosphere they had little chance of seeking justice against the legal resources of a multi-billionaire!

One of the possible consequences of Trump's "locker-room" confessions will be that these women will feel empowered to go public - which could result in the kind of firestorm that has now engulfed Bill Cosby.

Perhaps "The Donald" and Cosby will be sharing the same cell!

ok doser

if "they let you do it" and then complain about it eleven years later, why should anybody pay any attention to them?

if a stranger walked up to me and punchde me in the nose and i waited eleven years to complain about it, would you be sympathetic to me?

DilatedMind

if "they let you do it" and then complain about it eleven years later, why should anybody pay any attention to them?

if a stranger walked up to me and punchde me in the nose and i waited eleven years to complain about it, would you be sympathetic to me?

Awww... You were doing so well...

There's a statute of limitation on morals now?

To answer, yes. The stranger shouldn't have hit you. Rocket science this is not.

But that's not the actual question. If that stranger hit you 11 years ago and got away with it, what's stopping him from hitting someone tomorrow? And if you failed to speak up then, what's stopping him now?

ok doser

sorry, i wasn't clear

if i wait eleven years to complain about a stranger punching me in the nose, why would i expect anybody to believe that I was/is distressed by it?

or even to believe that i was being truthful?

DilatedMind

sorry, i wasn't clear

if i wait eleven years to complain about a stranger punching me in the nose, why would i expect anybody to believe that I was/is distressed by it?

or even to believe that i was being truthful?

If hitting someone on the nose (or grabbing their genitals) without consent is wrong, then what difference does it make how long it took for the complaint to be made?

If the act is wrong, then the actor is guilty.

Regardless.

Are you suggesting that a wrong act ages to become a good one, given time?

ok doser

but you don't have an act

you have a claim of an act

and you have a very delayed claim of the act being unwanted/unwelcome

Arthur Brain

Women have come forward individually, but in a "she said, he said" atmosphere they had little chance of seeking justice against the legal resources of a multi-billionaire!

One of the possible consequences of Trump's "locker-room" confessions will be that these women will feel empowered to go public - which could result in the kind of firestorm that has now engulfed Bill Cosby.

Perhaps "The Donald" and Cosby will be sharing the same cell!

Exactly, the same thing happened with the likes of Jimmy Saville and Rolf Harris etc in the UK.

:sigh:

DilatedMind

but you don't have an act

you have a claim of an act

and you have a very delayed claim of the act being unwanted/unwelcome

In this very particular case, the claim is the act.

No one appears to be suggesting that Trump grasped a lady's genitals. No one other than Trump himself.

The issue is that he claimed it in boast.

The issue isn't what he's done, more how he thinks. It's a purely moral issue (and as I pointed out earlier, it's odd that this is the big issue for him).

What you're trying do is say that it's not an issue because it happened 11 years ago.

What I'm trying to do is point out that it still wasn't ok 11 years ago.

It's not cool to talk about other people like that. Even if you didn't then think you were going to run for the most important office on the face of the Earth.

It's not cool, don't defend it. It's not defensible. I agree that this is not top of the reasons why this idiot is not fit for this office, but by trying to defend it, or dismiss it, you must recognise that you're stone cold wrong.

ok doser

In this very particular case, the claim is the act.

No one appears to be suggesting that Trump grasped a lady's genitals. No one other than Trump himself.

which lady?

The issue is that he claimed it in boast.

right - if i tell a "yo momma" joke, it's a pretty good bet that i've never met your mother

DilatedMind

which lady?

There may be no lady. You're missing the point.
I'm guessing now on purpose.

right - if i tell a "yo momma" joke, it's a pretty good bet that i've never met your mother

And I'd still knock you out for saying it. Thus the world turns.
Are you being belligerent just for the sake of it?

Let me spell it out for you.

The office of President of the United States of America is a sacred one. I say this as a Pinko-Commie European. People look up to it. Some of the Greatest Men who have ever lived held that office.

Granted, I'd rather not have another Clinton hold that office, but if you seriously think that someone who's come out with the trite nonsense we are currently discussing is worthy of even thinking about it, then you're frankly doing it a gross disservice.

Donald Trump is on record, at the age of 59(?), talking in a manner which would be cause for a stand up fight in any locker room I've been privy to.

What's your point though?

That the President of the United States of America shouldn't have to be a decent human being?

Or that talking about women like that isn't an issue unless one of them complains?

ok doser

The office of President of the United States of America is a sacred one.

ah - i see

i disagree

afaic, the office of POTUS and the whole US government is a clown car, with clowns streaming in one door and out the other

it's up to us to make sure they don't get the keys or they might do some real damage :thumb:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Nah.
It's just whoremongering.

DilatedMind

ah - i see

i disagree

afaic, the office of POTUS and the whole US government is a clown car, with clowns streaming in one door and out the other

it's up to us to make sure they don't get the keys or they might do some real damage :thumb:

Wow.

What would you be advocating? Anarchy?

Or are you saying that because it's a Clown Car, why not have a Retard at the wheel?

The Rest of the World, by the way, doesn't appreciate your nihilism.

Just saying...