Is Islam compatible within Western Society?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Funny that shaggy wants to compare man humbling himself and trusting in God for salvation to a muslim chopping the heads off of non-muslims.

shagster01

God does not ask for your conversion. Nor does he want it. Allah is an Arabic word for God. What does that have to do with muslims who demand you observe islam or you will die? Did you float that red herring on purpose?

Muslims say convert or they will cut your head off in front of your family. I say, if you don't want to be with God, fine. He won't force you. Being cast from his presence will in fact be torturous for you. That is the part you are missing.
God just delays the torture until the afterlife in your religion. That's nice of him.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Neither Christianity nor Islam is being practiced as originally intended - for centuries, both have been high-jacked to provide pretexts for secular ambitions.

Before "ClimateSanity" writes off our Islamic neighbors as being incompatible with Western values, it should be noted that it was these so-called "Christian" nations, not the "Islamic" ones, who were the major protagonists in both WW1 and WW2!

There are Christian nations?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
London's Muslim mayor Sadiq Khan believes Islam is completely compatible within Western Society yet studies contradict this claim. Below are the results of a study on a representative 1081 muslims of the more than 3 million living in Britain:

Only 74 percent completely condemn “suicide bombing to fight injustice”;
Only 66 percent completely condemn stoning those who commit adultery;
Only 53 percent completely condemn violence against those who mock Muhammad;
Only 34 percent would contact police if they believed someone close to them was involved with jihadism;
23 percent believe Sharia law should replace British law in areas with large Muslim populations;
52 percent believe homosexuality should be illegal;
31 percent believe polygamy should be legal;
39 percent believe women should always obey their husbands;
35 percent believe Jews have too much power in the UK.

Is the Muslim mayor correct or is Donald Trump?

Donald is totally right

He is not advocating blowing them up or chopping their heads off. He is advocating stopping them from coming into the country until we can figure out what is going on with them

shagster01

Donald is totally right

He is not advocating blowing them up or chopping their heads off. He is advocating stopping them from coming into the country until we can figure out what is going on with them
Hitler didn't advocate killing Jews while campaigning either. He just got the fear of them rolling until after he was elected.

djhow

When you can't get elected without vowing to honour God in Jesus name then ye we got christian nations :) when George Bush said we are going to Iraq in the name of Jesus then yes we got Christian nations.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Islam was inspired by the teaching of Jesus

Nope.

John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

He also said:

John 4:34
Jesus explained, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me and to finish His work.

John 19:30 When Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished.” And bowing His head, He yielded up His spirit.

djhow

Also I have had many Muslim friends and neighbours when living in Birmingham UK, it even got flagged up in America as a no go zone because of Muslims! what a load of nonsense they were kind neighbours, brought me food, asked me over for dinner and invited me to weddings and birthday parties. Not once did anyone talk to me about God, no one tried to convert me. Extremists are not even Muslims and no Muslim would assume them to be Muslim.
Sharia Law is not Islam
In Islam Mohamed is the last prophet and no one else will come with the words of God. So a Muslim would not believe sharia law to be of God because then Mohamed would not be the last prophet and there a liar because the law was "given" two hundred years after Mohamed.

Last edited:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Also I have had many Muslim friends and neighbours when living in Birmingham UK, it even got flagged up in America as a no go zone because of Muslims! what a load of nonsense they were kind neighbours, brought me food, asked me over for dinner and invited me to weddings and birthday parties. Not once did anyone talk to me about God, no one tried to convert me. Extremists are not even Muslims and no Muslim would assume them to be Muslim.
Sharia Law is not Islam

False, what the "moderate Muslims" practice is not Islam, sharia law, is. There is a reason why where Islam is predominately practiced, terrorism is the routine and women are regularly abused and killed.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I get that, but why does he throw the whole torture bit in with it? Seems vengeful and unnecessary.

You said torture, and ive asked you numerous times in various discussions to cite where scripture says God will torture you.

The onus is on you to show where it says that, since you keep saying its there.

You admit you choose yourself to remain separated from the One who made you for His purpose, and yet complain about potentially getting what you admit you want.

shagster01

You said torture, and ive asked you numerous times in various discussions to cite where scripture says God will torture you.

The onus is on you to show where it says that, since you keep saying its there.

You admit you choose yourself to remain separated from the One who made you for His purpose, and yet complain about potentially getting what you admit you want.

You may not believe the torture bit when sent to Hell, but many (most) Christians do believe the Fire and Brimstone stuff. And since this is a thread based on whether GENERAL Islam is compatible, I'm making the comparision to GENERAL Christianity.

Or should you not be judged by the most popular Christian beliefs that you personally don't hold while holding all Muslims to the standards of the extreme?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You may not believe the torture bit when sent to Hell, but many (most) Christians do believe the Fire and Brimstone stuff. And since this is a thread based on whether GENERAL Islam is compatible, I'm making the comparision to GENERAL Christianity.

Or should you not be judged by the most popular Christian beliefs that you personally don't hold while holding all Muslims to the standards of the extreme?

We seem to be at an impasse. You keep saying torture those who refuse to get saved and claiming the bible says that, and im asking you where, can you not back your own claim?

What you claim others have said, is irrelevant. I am talking to YOU. You made the claim, back it up.

Or do we agree, the bible says no such thing.

Reactions: Lon

shagster01

We seem to be at an impasse. You keep saying torture those who refuse to get saved and claiming the bible says that, and im asking you where, can you not back your own claim?

What you claim others have said, is irrelevant. I am talking to YOU. You made the claim, back it up.

Or do we agree, the bible says no such thing.

Alright, I'll start over just to be clear on my argument here.

Nick said that Islam is a convert or die religion. I generally disagree with this. Of course we see that on the news with extremists, but most Muslims are not ever going to kill anyone for not being Muslim. Most will happily live beside us, just like most Christians. But he said Islam is generally covert or die.

My agrument is that if we take that very general statement as fact then we can also make the claim that the Christian God himself says convert or die. Convert to Christian beliefs or get cast into Hell. Also, generally Christians believe in some form of torture in Hell. Fire and Brimstone. The point I raised is that if the Christian God is real and he does not want me around if I don't believe in him, fine. But why throw in the eternal torture with it? Why not just cast me away, or destroy me altogher? Why the need to torture me for eternity, or until the great lake of fire depending on sect of Christianity?

Basically, both God and Allah want to torture you in the afterlife if you do not do as they say here, but SOME extremists on both sides want to kill you in this life too. Take Nick and Musterion for example, who think gays should be killed for no other reason than that the Bible says so. What is the difference here? Both religions have SOME people who want to kill or harm me for not doing what their religion says and MOST who do not.

djhow

I never said Islam was the way to God :) Even a Muslim will understand that being kind and loving to your neighbour was Jesus's teaching and Mohamed never said it wasn't.