Is God Truly All Powerful?

servent101

Caledvwich
Yeah, that's what I meant. What you call the Spirit's illumination, I call dogmatic indoctrination.

What I call dogmatic indoctrination is taking something that was written, and taking the information out of context, and deriving some doctrine that the writer was not addressing. All in all no Author of any of the Christian Scriptures has ever addressed the questions you have been discussing on God and His Existence outside of what we perceive as Time, Space, and this physical manifestation of material Energy – There are other Scriptures that do touch on these – but as most orthodox minded Christians think, since Jesus said He was the only way, this means if the closed canon doesn’t contain the information, then it is obviously not from Him. (ridiculous)

Anyways – lighthouse keep up the closed mind in the closed book attitude, after all you might have a chance this way – you will argue against what you are doing, since I told you to do it.

When reaching out to these people, one has to improvise.

With Christ’s Love

Servent101

Caledvwlch

servent101 said:
Caledvwich

What I call dogmatic indoctrination is taking something that was written, and taking the information out of context, and deriving some doctrine that the writer was not addressing. All in all no Author of any of the Christian Scriptures has ever addressed the questions you have been discussing on God and His Existence outside of what we perceive as Time, Space, and this physical manifestation of material Energy – There are other Scriptures that do touch on these – but as most orthodox minded Christians think, since Jesus said He was the only way, this means if the closed canon doesn’t contain the information, then it is obviously not from Him. (ridiculous)

Anyways – lighthouse keep up the closed mind in the closed book attitude, after all you might have a chance this way – you will argue against what you are doing, since I told you to do it.

With Christ’s Love

Servent101
Nicely put. The scripture doesn't address the issue, and while it's kind of silly to argue about it, I find it to be a refreshing and dynamic discussion which pushes us to try to imagine things beyond the scope of that which we cannot understand. Lighthouse doesn't seem to be willing to do that. His loss, I guess.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
godrulz said:
I am talking about revelation from God, not the book of Revelation (which is also HIs Word). God's self-revelation is objective truth and reality. Our interpretation of it may be subjective and speculative, but the Spirit desires to illuminate HIs inspired revelation that it would lead to transformation.
Jesse Jackson, is that you?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
serpent101 said:
Caledvwich

Without Christ’s Love

Serpent101
!!!!First off, since the Freak thread got closed, I'll respond to your last post form there, here: Go ahead and put me on your buddy list. I don't care.

Now, on this topic, the Bible is very clear that God operates within the confines of time. And get off your whack job rant about closed canon. I don't beleive God is done talking to us, I just don't beleive He will ever contradict Himself, idiot. Get a clue

Caledvwlch

lighthouse said:
!!!!First off, since the Freak thread got closed, I'll respond to your last post form there, here: Go ahead and put me on your buddy list. I don't care.

Now, on this topic, the Bible is very clear that God operates within the confines of time. And get off your whack job rant about closed canon. I don't beleive God is done talking to us, I just don't beleive He will ever contradict Himself, idiot. Get a clue
I've got to hand it to you, lighthouse. Every time I read one of your posts, I know I've made the right decision.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
Good excuse...... :rolleyes:
Yeah, I can just see God buying that one.

Cal: It's lighthouse's fault.

God: Oh. Okay. You can come into my Kingdom, then.:freak:

Caledvwlch

lighthouse said:
Yeah, I can just see God buying that one.

Cal: It's lighthouse's fault.

God: Oh. Okay. You can come into my Kingdom, then.:freak:
That would be pretty funny though. No, like I said, I don't need excuses. I'm just glad I'm not on your team anymore.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Caledvwlch said:
That would be pretty funny though. No, like I said, I don't need excuses. I'm just glad I'm not on your team anymore.
It's a good thing you don't need excuses, because you don't have any.

And you were never on my team.

Caledvwlch

lighthouse said:
It's a good thing you don't need excuses, because you don't have any.

And you were never on my team.
Sure I was. Waving the flag, beating the book, eating the bread, drinking the wine, reciting the creed. Yup. I was definitely on your team.

Agape4Robin

Caledvwlch said:
Sure I was. Waving the flag, beating the book, eating the bread, drinking the wine, reciting the creed. Yup. I was definitely on your team.
You may have thought you were on the team, but it turns out you were just sitting on the bench..... :chuckle:

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
godrulz said:
Sorry, I am slow. I do not get the joke. :patrol:
The last sentence in your post rhymed. It made me think of Jesse Jackson. You do know who that is, don't you? Since you're Canadian, you may not.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Caledvwlch said:
If those are the things that you think made you a member of "our team" you are sadly mistaken.

Since the topic at hand has sort of disintigrated allow me to ask you a question unrelated to the topic of the thread. What do you think Christianity is? I know there are about a million variation of Christian but all the real Christians share a core doctrine in common. Can you articulate what you think that core doctrine is?

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, I don't want you to feel like I'm interogating you, that's not the point at all. I just thought it would be intersting given your claim to have been a Christian at one time, that's all.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
lighthouse said:
The last sentence in your post rhymed. It made me think of Jesse Jackson. You do know who that is, don't you? Since you're Canadian, you may not.

I get TIME magazine and TV. My igloo has electricity.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
lighthouse said:
:crackup:

The funniest thing is actual quotes from Americans about their perception of Canada.

e.g. They want to know if we know so and so from Toronto (millions of people in the city in a country with 30 million people).