Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

On Fire

beanieboy said:
Do I personally think that it is a sin?
No.

Do I think that it is a sin according to the bible?
Knowing that the word "homosexual" wasn't coined until the 18th century, I have to question that. Knowing the history of the Greeks, having studied Greek, I would question it again.

I don't think of what we think of as "homosexual" is the same thing as they thought when Leviticus or Romans or whatever was written.
I think we've learned that it doesn't matter what you call it - men who prefer sexual relations with other men is an abomination.

Believe me, as a christian, this was a hard issue to deal with, and I researched it a lot.
I actually moved away from christianity because of the initial callousness people had towards those with AIDS, claiming it was God's punishment, or of telling gay people they couldn't attend their services, but everyone else (people who got drunk, people who had premarital sex - basically ANYONE but homosexuals) could attend.

And I realized that Modern Christianity is so far removed from what Jesus taught, that I asked for God to guide me, and he pointed me towards Buddhism.

That is a lie. God would never push you away.

When are you going to stop blaming PEOPLE and start considering your personal relationship with JESUS?

beanieboy

Lighthouse said:
No.

If you take out all the non-Christians, the scale would tip the other way. And I think On Fire wanted only Christians to vote on the poll, but that's blown.

Yeah.
I thought about that, and thought that I should remove my vote.
Is there anyway to make it a Christian poll only?

But still, I think that No's almost double the yes's, and I find it hard to believe that there are that many non-christians coming to TOL.

beanieboy

Crow said:
The Law doesn't apply to us as Christians. It has served it's purpose for those who are saved, and still is there for those who are not and need it's lesson.

Yeah, you are getting off topic, but I personally think we have talked homosexuality to death.

That said, how can the law be for the unsaved? In other words, how can the law be for those that don't believe it, and not be for those who believe it?
And doesn't that, in some sense, mean that christians, then, have a liscence to do whatever they want, because they are saved, because they are above the law?

(Yes, I know, we can start a new thread. :) )

beanieboy

Ninjashadow said:
I voted yes. The reason I voted yes is because of the words Jesus spoke in Matthew 23:33: "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?"

Calling someone a snake or a viper was just as bad back then as calling a homosexual a "faggot" is today. Reading that verse in context, you can tell that Jesus wasn't being lovey dovey. Had he been, he would been saying something like, "You silly guys! You crazy people! You might not go to Heaven."

But He didn't. He called them what they were. I sure can't think of anything more Christ like than basically repeating His words.

Again, you take it out of context. Why am I surprised.
He was yelling at the leaders of the Temple who were blind guides, and therefore, claiming to teach people the law and the way of God, but doing the opposite.

He wasn't saying this to the prostitutes, or tax collectors, or any of those referred to as "sinners."

beanieboy

Ninjashadow said:
That last part of His words is a very good question. "How will you escape being condemned to hell?" Let's ask a homosexual that and see what the reply would be.

(Sigh).

How will I "escape hell" as in that verse?
Let's "twist the scriptures" and look at who Jesus is speaking to, and why:

28Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
29Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,
30And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
31Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets.
32Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
33Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

It says that he is talking to the Pharisees and scribes, people who claim to worship God, who on the outside, study the law, worship God, go to temple, but inside, are evil.

So, I would answer, he isn't talking about me, dude. He's talking to those that are hypocrites, specifically, those who say one thing, and do another, those who claim to love God, but act malicious against their neighbor, those, those who say they believe in the bible, then twist it, and pretend that a Pharisee and a Scribe in the times of Jesus, who had seats of honor, were not thought of as sinners, and respected, is the same as a homosexual today.

In other words, how can you escape the blame for your blatant attempt at misrepresenting scripture, and misportraying God willfully?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Shimei said:
It seems this thread is going to have a longer life than most homos.

:yawn:

How many of you homophobes even KNOW a homosexual? Talk to one? Are FRIENDS with one?

What a joke.

On Fire

granite1010 said:
:yawn:

How many of you homophobes even KNOW a homosexual? Talk to one? Are FRIENDS with one?

What a joke.
I lived next door to one. He was married at the time, got a divorce, lived the deathstyle and died of AIDS.

I know several guys who struggle with the temptation (sexual addiction) but refuse to bow down to it. The number of men walking around in bondage to various sexual sins would probably blow your mind. Like the drunkard who thinks he doesn't have a problem, sexual sins are even easier to hide and therefore deny.

wickwoman

I think it's pretty obvious that Dave was merely pointing out that acts have consequences. I don't believe in sin as a concept but karma is perfectly reasonable. It shows us that what we do comes back to us. This is Biblical and there is no need of eternal hellfire for people to reap what they sow. It comes back to them in this life.

Homosexuality is nothing more than a genetic abberance which requires no penalty or punishment. The idea that being born a certain way is sinful is ridiculous.

On Fire

wickwoman said:
The idea that being born a certain way is sinful is ridiculous.
Everyone is born a certain way. Has nothing to do with it.

God tells us what is sinful. Homosexuality is a sinful abomination.

Granite

Hall of Fame
On Fire said:
I lived next door to one. He was married at the time, got a divorce, lived the deathstyle and died of AIDS.

I know several guys who struggle with the temptation (sexual addiction) but refuse to bow down to it. The number of men walking around in bondage to various sexual sins would probably blow your mind. Like the drunkard who thinks he doesn't have a problem, sexual sins are even easier to hide and therefore deny.

But sexual addiction doesn't equal homosexuality. And I agree, most guys probably have more issues than you'd think. Our nature, man.

Aimiel

Queers are todays hypocrite, because they want 'tolerance' from law-abiding people who don't approve of queer behavior, who believe that allowing queers to be tolerated is tantamount to complete rebellion against God, nature and every living soul under the current rule-of-law in our society. The hypocrite is the one who is violating himself, his victims, being violated by his 'lover' and wants to vomit his lack of morals onto us, and make us partakers of his sin. He wants society's approval, because he knows, in his heart, that what he is doing is wrong. He is worse than a hypocrite, he wants to make hypocrites out of everyone else on the earth.

Aimiel

Put me in the 'heteronorm' column. A 'heteronorm' is someone who believes that someone who acts queer is a queer person.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
On Fire said:
I assure you that the YES and NO votes are not split by Christian and Non-Christian.
If we removed all those who do not profess Christianity, what do you think the margin would be?

Agape4Robin

wickwoman said:
I think it's pretty obvious that Dave was merely pointing out that acts have consequences. I don't believe in sin as a concept but karma is perfectly reasonable. It shows us that what we do comes back to us. This is Biblical and there is no need of eternal hellfire for people to reap what they sow. It comes back to them in this life.

Homosexuality is nothing more than a genetic abberance which requires no penalty or punishment. The idea that being born a certain way is sinful is ridiculous.
Oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being born that way? No one is born gay!

We are all born with a sinful nature, and that nature takes hold of people differently depending on their weaknesses. We have the ability to chose wether to turn from it or embrace it, but the only thing we are born with is the propensity be tempted and to sin.
Check out www.exodus-international.org and you will see that homosexuality is a sin that can be changed, through Christ.