Introducing... FrankiE

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Introducing... "FrankiE" :FrankiE:

Courtesy of :crow:

We have been needing a USA smilie and I can't think of a better name foir it.

Thanks.... :crow:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Great addition! :up:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Thank you all!

I am honored and deeply grateful. Y'all brought some tears and many memories back to this tired (but not retired) veteran.

A memory: Years ago I was serving as OoD at an HQ alert outpost - night shift. Took a break about 3 AM (I think that's six bells for you Navy types :)) for coffee and a smoke. Cool night air, dark with starlight, nice breeze, very quiet. Lit up my smoke and I heard the gentle tapping of a rope against a flagpole. I heard a fluttering sound like a bird in flight. It was Our Flag flapping in the breeze. I was not alone and I was not "bearing the sword in vain." Finished my coffee and smoke and went back to duty.

Psalms 2 and 37.

:FrankiE:

Notes for those unfamiliar with military acronyms:
OoD = Officer of the Day - serves in place of senior Commander when he is absent.
HQ = Headquarters

Crow

I'm glad y'all like it.

I figured that a smilie like that had to go to a veteran who served to keep it safe.

My own father fought in 2 wars, WWII and Vietnam. He's not here anymore, but he'd be glad to see you have it, Frank. You are one of the ones who truly deserve it.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Thank you, :crow2:.

:wave2: to Big Kahuna :knight:, Christine :Christine, Poly :poly:, Wamba :thefool:, ninjashadow, BillyBob :BillyBob:, ShadowMaid, SOTK :SOTK:

:cheers:

C

cattyfan

Excellent!

There are lots of Navy guys in my family and in CleverDan 's. I appreciate their efforts to ensure America stays safe.

Thanks, Frank E., for all you've done for our country and for your honest and forth-rightness in your posts on TOL.

drbrumley

Im no big fan of you Frankie. But let me thank you for serving our nation.

Display those colors proudly!!!! Thanks!

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by drbrumley

Im no big fan of you Frankie. But let me thank you for serving our nation.

Display those colors proudly!!!! Thanks!
You're welcome, drbrumley! It was an honor and a privilege to serve.