In Praise of Women

oatmeal

As I lay sleepless staring at my wife asleep in bed I was struck with her beauty and strength of character and I just felt moved to get up and say something about it.

Most certainly, the best friend and companion that a man of God can have is a woman of God.

That is God's design

It not good that man should be alone, so God made a woman for him

God did the best for man for to be his companion, He made a woman for him.

And God saw that and it is very good.

IMJerusha

Everyone I work for and all my friends and family know that if they ask me a question they will always get a straight and truthful answer.The answer may not be what they wanted to hear, but it will be true.

I don't praise people for anything and the reason for this is I am fully aware of the danger of pride and I never instigate it or feed pride. I don't like people paying me compliments and this often happens with my clients. I always try and brush it off as inconsequential and that what I have said is just a matter of procedure.
I should imagine that being from a nation that feeds peoples pride like a Strasbourg goose this would seem very strange indeed.

Try and figure out how Moses could write this of himself and you may, just may get an idea of what I'm talking about.

(Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)

"Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Praise in the form of edification is very much something we should do...not to puff one another up but as an example of the Love He first showed us. Don't be such a curmudgeon.

IMJerusha

Don't worry, you don't have to feel special - and bybee's rep has nothing to do with any lies on her part.

bybee pos reps just about and maybe everyone, whether she agrees with them or not or even likes them or not.

She drives me crazy that way sometimes. :chuckle: She has a generosity of spirit that I don't have.

It'll be a snow day in Southern California before I'll pos rep someone I don't like. Not impossible, but almost.

Edit:

Although sometimes I pos rep by mistake when I forget to click the neg button. :chuckle:

Awww, you like me! :peach: I like you too! :)

IMJerusha

I'd rather have the the bitterness of lemon than the venom of an asp.

My goodness, there is a world of difference between the venom of an asp and a woman offering you the proverbial lemon!...especially when you've pretty much asked for it. Just sayin'...

IMJerusha

Alley cats have a different temperament to home cats. I do believe its an old saying that she acts like an alley cat.

This is true but no woman in this thread has behaved as an alley cat.
Please have a care with the words you use.

elohiym

As I lay sleepless staring at my wife asleep in bed I was struck with her beauty and strength of character and I just felt moved to get up and say something about it.

A thought worthy of sharing.

You are both blessed to have each other. :)

I've been laying sleepless a lot lately. :baby:

So has my beloved.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm describing the different attitude of certain types of women as opposed to ladies.

You don't know the difference because your only expectation and requirement for women is obedience to men (specifically yourself).

Now we could discuss the attributes that separates the boys from the men.

Starting with ... men are not intimidated by strong women.