In Praise of Women

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
As I lay sleepless staring at my wife asleep in bed I was struck with her beauty and strength of character and I just felt moved to get up and say something about it.

You've got a good thing (Pr 18:22). Cherish her (Jn 13:3).
Love_Emoticon_by_xLinnyx.png

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
fzappa,

I had a nephew that used to say the ''right thing' just to ingratiate himself and I recognise this in what you have said.....makes me want to throw up.
It's never wrong to pay your wife a compliment.

“Nowadays we are all of us so hard up that the only pleasant things to pay are compliments. They’re the only things we can pay.” ~ Oscar Wilde, Lady Windermere's Fan

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
You know you're letting the side down.

If you're this nice it means they will all expect all of us to be that nice.

Stop making us 'normal men' look bad...

Your turn to swim through shark infested waters to bring your gal a lemonade.

th_smiley-shark3.gif

"Women are never disarmed by compliments. Men always are. That is the difference between the sexes." ~ Oscar Wilde

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everyone I work for and all my friends and family know that if they ask me a question they will always get a straight and truthful answer.The answer may not be what they wanted to hear, but it will be true.

I don't praise people for anything and the reason for this is I am fully aware of the danger of pride and I never instigate it or feed pride. I don't like people

Don't sprain your elbow while patting yourself on the back ...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
If that is the case why have you given me so many positive reps?

You are either lying here or you were lying there....care to explain which?

Don't worry, you don't have to feel special - and bybee's rep has nothing to do with any lies on her part.

bybee pos reps just about and maybe everyone, whether she agrees with them or not or even likes them or not.

She drives me crazy that way sometimes. :chuckle: She has a generosity of spirit that I don't have.

It'll be a snow day in Southern California before I'll pos rep someone I don't like. Not impossible, but almost.

Edit:

Although sometimes I pos rep by mistake when I forget to click the neg button. :chuckle:

bybee

If that is the case why have you given me so many positive reps?

You are either lying here or you were lying there....care to explain which?

I'm a woman. I am at times capricious and sometimes I make mistakes.
I only lie when it suits me.
And now I must revise my opinion of you a bit. Not only do you have the personality of a doorknob but an inane, specious and insipid doorknob at that!

Truster

Look at the reactions and attitudes of females on here and if you still agree with the OP then you are a blind idiot.