In general, what do you think of TV?

In general, what do you think of TV?

• I love it! TV is a big part of my life.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • TV is good. I watch it at least some everyday.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Its OK. TV is somewhat useful.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I could do without TV, although I do watch it on occaision.

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • TV is not part of my life. I rarely if ever watch TV.

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • TV is awful.

Votes: 10 11.4%

• Total voters
C

cattyfan

Turbo said:
You might want to look into getting a Tivo. It was made just for you. It would probably save you a lot of time, reduce clutter, and possibly save you money over the long term depending on how often you buy tapes.

You buy the unit, and have the option to "subscribe" to the programming guide. By doing that you can have it automatically record shows even when their time slots move around. You can have it record anything with certain keywords, too. (My friend wanted to record Detroit Lions games, so set it up to record "Lions." After getting a few nature shows in the mix, he changed it to record "Lions at," as in "Lions at Pittsburgh.")

unfortunately it's cost prohibitive at the moment. Maybe after Dan is out of the seminary (June 2008.) Until then I have two VCRs...one is specifically designed for heavy duty use. (I've had it for around 10 or 12 years and it shows no sign of wear.)

***begins dreaming of a day when newest technology is back in the budget***

fool

Hall of Fame
CNN, The History channel, The Discovery channel, National Geographic Channel something is always on. I sit on the couch with the computer on my lap and multi task web surfing and watching tv. You'd think I'd be pretty smart but I don't think I retain nearly as much as I do from reading a book.
Don't know why that is.

fool

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
I watch hockey (when they aren't on strike).

I also like a few other shows:
  • SpongeBob
  • American Idol
  • Fear Factor
  • American Chopper
And I used to watch Bob Enyart every night at 10 :(

I like American Chopper too. My wife watched it with me once and remarked "it dosen't have any thing to do with motorcycles" . You could film Paul Sr. Paul Jr. and Mikey digging a ditch and people would watch it. It's more about human relationships than any thing else. I think that anyone can find someone to identify with in that shop.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
TV is great; the funniest comedy channel is TBN.

[Background info: I work for a satellite TV company.]

The other day a lady called in and was upset because she couldn't get TBN and that's all she ever watches 24/7. She pays $50/month for a stupid station she could probably get for free off rabbit ears. :kookoo:

Of course, I wouldn't expect a TBN fan to be very intelligent in financial decisions...

Mr. 5020

Lucky said:
[Background info: I work for a satellite TV company.]

The other day a lady called in and was upset because she couldn't get TBN and that's all she ever watches 24/7. She pays $50/month for a stupid station she could probably get for free off rabbit ears. :kookoo:

Of course, I wouldn't expect a TBN fan to be very intelligent in financial decisions...
I don't know why this is on the Active Threads page, but...

People used to call in to the aforementioned satellite company all the time for ridiculous things like that.

"The only reason I got satellite was for my locals."

What the...??!

allsmiles

i watch the Simpsons, Family Guy, a lot of adult swim, 24 and the Sopranos.

if it's not making me laugh or keeping me on the edge of my seat then i don't care.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
allsmiles said:
i watch the Simpsons, Family Guy, a lot of adult swim, 24 and the Sopranos.

if it's not making me laugh or keeping me on the edge of my seat then i don't care.

I don't suppose you ever noticed the multitude of educational channels available... :rolleyes:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Discovery and History channels are great! :up:

Mythbusters is an awesome show on the Discovery channel.

Catatumba

Knight said:
Thoughts? Feelings?
In this here country..........
Tv. is enterteinment and a huge $$$$$$ maker.
Together with live radio and movies it kept the the soul of the country during the depression era; and it continues to do so.
What the hey, tv. is ok. :D

Shalom

I have one of those satelite systems with the receiver that records now, whatever those are called teevo or somethin, anyways so now I pretty much only record and watch excatly what I want to. I usually only watch T.V. when I'm really bored or dont feel like reading my books.

Yonas bat'Yah

Shimei said:
American chopper is cool. Is that dad ever happy?

Yeah, sure he is. Whenever he is :zoomin: on a Harley. :) But don't be around him when he needs to go to the dentist. It's not a pretty site. :nono:

Yonas bat'Yah

Yorzhik said:
Having spoken to them personally on the phone, the impression I get is that he's never happy. They seem to be the same talking about something silly like shipping options as they are on the show - always dramatic.

I must say, that is the weirdest looking bottle brush I've ever seen! :chuckle:

Yonas bat'Yah

SOTK said:
I voted "I could do without TV, although I do watch it on occaision". I really only watch the Discovery Channel. That's about it. I could definitely do without it. I wouldn't miss it.

I would miss having an actuall TV though. I watch a lot of movies so I dig those! :D

Hey, I love your avitar. It's so....Kinght-like. No pun intended. Well, maybe a little. :dizzy: I like the Discovery Channel when it's not talking about how we derive from apes. :nono:

Shalom

Yonas bat'Yah said:
Yeah, sure he is. Whenever he is :zoomin: on a Harley. :) But don't be around him when he needs to go to the dentist. It's not a pretty site. :nono:

My brothers Vaquero45 and Guysmilie and I all work at my families electrical contracting business and our dad can be kinda hot tempered like that American Chopper guy so we always tease and say we're gonna start a show called "American Electrician." :chuckle: