Impeaching Donald Trump

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
... until it sends the articles of impeachment to the Senate

So, same question as back in July - are we impeached yet?

same answer - nope

You do repeat yourself a lot, so don't mind me while I skip over every 10 or 20 of your posts between replies. Count this as a reply. :)

The Berean

That's almost as creepy as

trump-super-hero.jpg

I guess you have no idea who that is. It is not Mike Pence. It's Race Banon.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
To each his own. I grew up watching Jonny Quest. It was an earky influence that led me to becoming an engineer.

It's not the cartoon I find creepy, it's reimagining Pence as some kind of secret agent man. As if.

It's part of the weird mythology they try to build around Trump as a right-wing action hero, and you buy into that to a certain extent when you show Race Bannon shooting an automatic weapon while saying "Pence for President! He'll take down all the leftists and "progressives!"

The Berean

It's not the cartoon I find creepy, it's reimagining Pence as some kind of secret agent man. As if.

It's part of the weird mythology they try to build around Trump as a right-wing action hero, and you buy into that to a certain extent when you show Race Bannon shooting an automatic weapon while saying "Pence for President! He'll take down all the leftists and "progressives!"

That was your interpretation of me posting a gif of Race Bannon? You apparently ran with it. As I have stated many times before I am not a Trump supporter. I find him to be ill suited to be President lacking the temperament, patience, and positive leadership qualities to execute the office. I've also stated previously that I find it extraordinarily bizarre how many Christians support Trump and will support him to the bitter end. But as a voter I'm caught in no man's land. Because of the corrupt two party system we are stuck with terrible candidates from both parties. The Democratic party embraces insane policies. I can't vote for any of them. So I'm left with weak third party candidates.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That was your interpretation of me posting a gif of Race Bannon?

I didn't have to interpret it, I quoted your words, posted with your image.

As I have stated many times before I am not a Trump supporter. I find him to be ill suited to be President lacking the temperament, patience, and positive leadership qualities to execute the office. I've also stated previously that I find it extraordinarily bizarre how many Christians support Trump and will support him to the bitter end. But as a voter I'm caught in no man's land. Because of the corrupt two party system we are stuck with terrible candidates from both parties. The Democratic party embraces insane policies. I can't vote for any of them. So I'm left with weak third party candidates.

But that isn't germane to either your initial post or my response to it. Your post of an impossibly special kind of agent man Pence shooting a weapon as he "takes down leftists and progressives" buys into that fetishism that sees Trump as an action hero figure or, as he tweeted himself, an impossible Rocky. I'm talking about the mindset of the far right, how they see Trump. It's cultish.

The Berean

You then said this.

Again, you are imaging I mentioned Trump when I did not. It is true I find modern progressivism to be a bankrupt, immoral, puedo socio-economic philosophy. But that is another discussion.

But that isn't germane to either your initial post or my response to it.

It's not germane? You were trying to connect my Bannon gif to Trump when I never even mentioned Trump at all. So I clarified my view of Trump. And that is very germane.

post of an impossibly special kind of agent man Pence shooting a weapon as he "takes down leftists and progressives" buys into that fetishism that sees Trump as an action hero figure or, as he tweeted himself, an impossible Rocky. I'm talking about the mindset of the far right, how they see Trump. It's cultish.

Well I'm not far right so I don't really care what the far right views Trump. Again my intitial post of the gif made no mention of Trump at all. As for Mike Pence looking like a fictional cartoon character, that is simply an amusing coincidence.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You then said this.

So we're agreed I didn't interpret your Race Bannon to mean other than what your own words said.

Again, you are imaging I mentioned Trump when I did not.

I didn't imagine in any way that you mentioned Trump. In my first reply I said "that's almost as creepy as..." That's a comparison of two things with a common theme.

Having to explain that to you is making this unnecessarily complicated.

It is true I find modern progressivism to be a bankrupt, immoral, puedo socio-economic philosophy. But that is another discussion.

It's not germane? You were trying to connect my Bannon gif to Trump when I never even mentioned Trump at all. So I clarified my view of Trump. And that is very germane.

Again: you don't have to mention Trump for me to connect your gif to something that's common among Trump's base.

Well I'm not far right so I don't really care what the far right views Trump. Again my intitial post of the gif made no mention of Trump at all. As for Mike Pence looking like a fictional cartoon character, that is simply an amusing coincidence.

I don't know how far to the right you are, but you're far enough to view progressives as needing to be 'taken down.' That's not a different discussion, really, if you're going to use the memes of the far right without caring what they represent to the far right.

Anyway. I think we beat the Race Bannon Pence Doll to death here, so Merry Christmas. :)

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
[...QUOTE...=...The Berean...;n2730178...]

But that isn't germane to either your initial post or my response to it. Your post of an impossibly special kind of agent man Pence shooting a weapon as he "takes down leftists and progressives" buys into that fetishism that sees Trump as an action hero figure or, as he tweeted himself, an impossible Rocky. I'm talking about the mindset of the far right, how they see Trump. It's cultish.

Fix your formatting.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Impeaching Donald Trump

Congressional Republicans have spent the ;last 3 years manipulating the truth and the facts beyond all recognition in order to create a positive spin for this President's unseemly behavior!

What other 72 year old world leader would feel compelled to deliberately target a 16 year old girl with Aspergers - further exposing congressional Republicans as nothing more than a pathetic group of spineless enablers for refusing to "call him out" for his twitter attack on a minor!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... twitter attack on a minor!

wanted to revisit this

Trump's tweet:

In the early hours of Thursday morning, Trump tweeted a personal attack on Thunberg in response to her Time cover. "So ridiculous," he wrote. "Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!"

so the whole extent of his "attack" is this:

"Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!"

and the left went absolutely insane over it

because, as any sane person recognized long ago, they are insane

as if we needed any proof after this:

2019-01-18_Sandmann_Phillips.jpg

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump

More
Donald J. Trump Retweeted Roma Downey

So ridiculous. Greta must work on her Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Greta, Chill!

Donald J. Trump added,
Roma DowneyVerified account @RealRomaDowney
Congrats @GretaThunberg https://twitter.com/TIME/status/1204743717132914688
4:22 AM - 12 Dec 2019

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ****************

Well adjusted adults in general and American presidents in particular have neither the time nor the inclination to engage in sarcatic twieets with 16 year old girls!

Apparently no personal slight, either real or imagined, is too small to trigger "The Donald's" insecurities and the target of his tweets.

Trump supporters never tire of inventing excuses for the inexcusable and ""The Donald," in his infinite wisdom, continues to provide them with an enless supply of abhorrent behavior to prove their loyalty and refine their skills!