catfight.png

male29-male-theater-cinema-smiley-e.gif

Freeper.

Zeneta

So Zeneta;
What do you want?
Spill it.
Get it out there.
What is it that you think people are refusing to think for themselves about?
Fashion?
Interior decor?

Question.

In the following song, who is "I" ?

Are there two diametrically opposed possibilities of "I" based on a persons predispositions ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNrQOUtXYOo

Lyrics:

"I Alone"

it's easier not to be wise
and measure these things by your brains
I sank into Eden with you
alone in the church by and by
I'll read to you here, save your eyes
you'll need them, your boat is at sea
your anchor is up, you've been swept away
and the greatest of teachers won't hesitate
to leave you there, by yourself, chained to fate

I alone love you
I alone tempt you
I alone love you
fear is not the end of this!

it's easier not to be great
and measure these things by your eyes
we long to be here by his resolve
alone in the church by and by
to cradle the baby in space
and leave you there by yourself chained to fate

oh, now, we took it back too far,
only love can save us now,
all these riddles that you burn
all come runnin' back to you,
all these rhythms that you hide
only love can save us now,
all these riddles that you burn yeah, yeah, yeah

Watch and listen

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
None of the above beliefs of mine, are because someone else said so.

God created life:

Simple process of elimination. Either God or aliens, but aliens have a problem with time.

Evolution:

The consistent efforts and contortions to accept a theory that doesn't even qualify as a scientific theory, lends itself to doubt.

The math of evolution doesn't add up.

Evolutionary theory has become political, simply because it can.

So, it's a question of the uncertainty of science, this is science after all, and the certainty of self.

I know that logic is immaterial, yet it is the foundation of science.

You're presenting yourself to be quite the "pseudo-intellectual!!"

Dena

I want to know more about "why" some people assume those foundations and "how" those foundations come into question.

Short of crisis.

Many folks have both left the word of God or embraced the word in times of crisis.

There seems though, other times when individuals suddenly view the world from a different perspective. A new perspective that requires them to ultimately examine the foundations of their beliefs.

I think that I simply grew up and realized that what I was taught as a child did not have to be true. I learned more about the world while I was in college and that opened up a door to evaluating what I had been taught. It wasn't a crisis nor was it sudden. It's continuous.

jeremysdemo

I think that I simply grew up and realized that what I was taught as a child did not have to be true. I learned more about the world while I was in college and that opened up a door to evaluating what I had been taught. It wasn't a crisis nor was it sudden. It's continuous.

I thought about this the other day, why children do not kill their parents, at least their dads (will explain further)

first they tell the kids that all their Christmas presents come from a fat guy that lives at the north pole (instead of their dads hard earned money)
Then they tell them he drives a magic sleigh pulled by reindeer and an affectionate story about one particular reindeer that was bullied but became the leader of the reindeer (Rudolph with his nose so bright) to guide the fat guy through all the snow to safely deliver the presents so that they fall in love with the little feller.

THEN, they ask the kids to kiss their dad goodbye, as he is leaving on a reindeer hunting trip for a few weeks (it's hunting season) :noway:

sleep with one eye open pops. ;)

keep shinin

jerm :cool: