If...

Bee1

If Constantine had the power to take books out of the Bible, than he also had power to alter or change text that is in the Bible. Anything that Man has put his hands own will be changed forever !

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

daqq

If Constantine had the power to take books out of the Bible, than he also had power to alter or change text that is in the Bible. Anything that Man has put his hands own will be changed forever !

Hmmm, so what are you suggesting?
Is there a modern translation which is reliable or do you not believe so?
Please do not say the NWT. :chuckle:

genuineoriginal

Other texts have been found that Constantine had no power to change.

Bee1

Other texts have been found that Constantine had no power to change.
So , are you saying that the King James Bible (most commonly read bible) is complete and unaltered especially the New Testament since it day of conception ?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

NT teachings are based on the OT which preceded Constantine by several years.

Jesus' beliefs were never influenced by Constantine.

Bee1

NT teachings are based on the OT which preceded Constantine by several years.

Jesus' beliefs were never influenced by Constantine.
Council of Nicaea, (325), the first ecumenical council of the Christian church, meeting in ancient Nicaea(now İznik, Turkey). It was called by the emperor Constantine I, an unbaptized catechumen, or neophyte, who presided over the opening session and took part in the discussions

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Council of Nicaea, (325), the first ecumenical council of the Christian church, meeting in ancient Nicaea(now İznik, Turkey). It was called by the emperor Constantine I, an unbaptized catechumen, or neophyte, who presided over the opening session and took part in the discussions

Constantine was never the head of the church.

Bee1

Constantine was never the head of the church.
I did not say he did , but without Constantine there would be no Catholic Church or Christianity as we know it. Constantine made his choice head of the church plus they decide what books will be in the Bible . So right there you have a man tampering with God's word. You think that the Council did not change or deleted or added to scripture
to fit Constantine agenda. Constantine did not embrace Christianity until on his death bed.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I did not say he did , but without Constantine there would be no Catholic Church or Christianity as we know it. Constantine made his choice head of the church plus they decide what books will be in the Bible . So right there you have a man tampering with God's word. You think that the Council did not change or deleted or added to scripture to fit Constantine agenda. Constantine did not embrace Christianity until on his death bed.

Christ is the head of the church.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
There is one thing that no phony bible will have. A Holy Spirit that teaches you from inside yourself.
The Holy Spirit only quotes the Word of God. When satan was kicked out of heaven when Jesus went to heaven is making war against true believers. He sent out a flood of phony bibles and phony religions.

[Jhn 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

[2Co 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing [is] God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

Bee1

I did not say he did , but without Constantine there would be no Catholic Church or Christianity as we know it. Constantine made his choice head of the church plus they decide what books will be in the Bible . So right there you have a man tampering with God's word. You think that the Council did not change or deleted or added to scripture
to fit Constantine agenda. Constantine did not embrace Christianity until on his death bed.

I love Google.

Roman Catholic church has added certain books to the canon of scripture. In 1546, largely due in response to the Reformation, the Roman Catholic church authorized several more books as scripture known as the Apocrypha.

2003cobra

I love Google.

Roman Catholic church has added certain books to the canon of scripture. In 1546, largely due in response to the Reformation, the Roman Catholic church authorized several more books as scripture known as the Apocrypha.

I don’t know what you googled to arrive at that view, but it is incorrect.

The canon set by the Council Of Carthage in the fourth century included the books commonly called the apocrypha.

Those books were all in the 1611 KJV and were removed from the KJV in the 1800s.

http://sceti.library.upenn.edu/sceti/printedbooksNew/index.cfm?TextID=kjbible&PagePosition=36

Bee1

I don’t know what you googled to arrive at that view, but it is incorrect.

The canon set by the Council Of Carthage in the fourth century included the books commonly called the apocrypha.

Those books were all in the 1611 KJV and were removed from the KJV in the 1800s.

http://sceti.library.upenn.edu/sceti/printedbooksNew/index.cfm?TextID=kjbible&PagePosition=36
The whole point is the "Bible" and being amended to , change and revised.The Bible is a collection tradition storytelling and in written docs. Back in the day before movable type , religious clergy would " copy" these docs by "hand" and send them abroad , where they would be hand copy again and so on . Now there was no QC back then , so what happens when when one of these religious scribe comes across a word or sentence he does not understand or make out....?Go look it up , ask for help. No he either change , deleted , or added to that makes sense to his superior. And so on down the line until printing came about . Now all these copied texts are floating around and everybody has the original . How many different version of the Bible do we have ? Is that a contradiction in it self...

Bee1

The whole point is the "Bible" and being amended to , change and revised.The Bible is a collection tradition storytelling and in written docs. Back in the day before movable type , religious clergy would " copy" these docs by "hand" and send them abroad , where they would be hand copy again and so on . Now there was no QC back then , so what happens when when one of these religious scribe comes across a word or sentence he does not understand or make out....?Go look it up , ask for help. No he either change , deleted , or added to that makes sense to his superior. And so on down the line until printing came about . Now all these copied texts are floating around and everybody has the original . How many different version of the Bible do we have ? Is that a contradiction in it self...

And this

The word Apocrypha means hidden. It is used in a general sense to describe a list of books written by Jews between 300 and 100 B.C. More specifically, it is used of the 7 additional books accepted by the Catholic church as being inspired. The entire list of books of the Apocrypha are: 1 and 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, the Rest of Esther, the Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach, (also titled Ecclesiasticus), Baruch, The Letter of Jeremiah, Song of the Three Young Men, Susanna, Bel and the Dragon, The Additions to Daniel, The Prayer of Manasseh, and 1 and 2 Maccabees.

Greg Jennings

Hmmm, so what are you suggesting?
Is there a modern translation which is reliable or do you not believe so?
Please do not say the NWT. :chuckle:

I think it's worth considering that the four gospels he chose weren't the four most reliable. Men chose four out of tens of gospels. They could easily have erred

2003cobra

Have you read anything about this other than the casual google search?

If not, I recommend:
https://www.amazon.com/Text-New-Tes...ords=Text+of+the+New+Testament+second+edition

6days

Bee1 said:
Textual criticism of thousands of ancient manuscripts helps confirm our modern translations are a good and accurate and reflection of the originals. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textual_criticism

Bee1

Textual criticism of thousands of ancient manuscripts helps confirm our modern translations are a good and accurate and reflection of the originals. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textual_criticism
If the present day version of the Bible is accurate and true there would be no need for textual criticism . The Bible was translated from Hebrew ,Greek , and Aramaic manuscripts to Latin, now you think that the Latin version is a true instance of the three....?