ECT If your not OSAS then your not saved ,true or false?

glorydaz

God's untruth's :troll: score.

She had 24 posts in four pages.

Musty had 21 posts in 6 pages.

Way2Go had 15 posts in 6 pages.

GM had 11 posts in 6 pages.

Troll Award goes to God's untruth, as usual. :down:

God's Truth

GT,

We believe in eternally secure salvation in Christ without works to get it. He did all the work for us.

You believe in salvation dependent upon one's works in addition to faith in Christ.

Can we both be saved, believing what each of us believes?

Yes or no, please.

I did answer you.

I know you do not believe I am saved, and I told you that you so judged yourself.

God's Truth

And you deny the eternal security inherent in Paul's gospel of salvation by faith apart from works. How is she more of a hypocrite than you?
I do not deny anything from Paul.

Oh he sure does, if it's a wrong gospel preached in Christ's name.

By the way...why do you never refer to Him as Christ?
You falsely judge me as not ever referring to Jesus as Christ; and you just twisted what I said and twisted what Satan wants. Read what you just said! Who speaks like that and does not know they are crooked?

You just said Satan wants people to obey Jesus!!!

Paul said no one today can know Him "according to the flesh," meaning according to His earthly ministry to none but the lost sheep of the house of Israel, under the Law.
According to the flesh means sin.
We can know Him today only according to Rom 16:25 and Eph 3:8-9. Yet here you are, seeking Him according to the flesh in a vain attempt to save yourself.
Jesus’ words are Spirit, and when you obey Jesus’ words, he gives life to your spirit
Why do you call Jesus’ words of the flesh?

God's Truth

GT,

We believe in eternally secure salvation in Christ without works to get it. He did all the work for us.

You believe in salvation dependent upon one's works in addition to faith in Christ.

Can we both be saved, believing what each of us believes?

Why won't you answer this?

I do answer you. You are the one who does not answer all the questions, and the questions you do answer you show you are not right.

God's Truth

God's untruth's :troll: score.

She had 24 posts in four pages.

Musty had 21 posts in 6 pages.

Way2Go had 15 posts in 6 pages.

GM had 11 posts in 6 pages.

Troll Award goes to God's untruth, as usual. :down:

You show you are an unrighteous judge.

Maybe I am a faster typist and have better Internet service?

Maybe I have more people who want to discuss with me?

You sure show there is something wrong with you.

glorydaz

I am sorry, I am not sure I know what you are referring to.

If I could see what that post was in reference to, perhaps I could clarify the issue.

However, believing is work because it takes work for a person to fully persuade himself. For some issues it may come easy, for others it may take hard work, for some it maybe simple, for others it may be complicated.

However, in regards to salvation it takes our believing to receive the gift of salvation, therefore it is work to receive salvation.

But, unless we distinguish between the free gift, which costs us nothing but cost God His son, (it took a huge work on the part of God and His son to earn that salvation for us) and the small work it takes to receive that gift, (doing Romans 10:9-10) we will end up in confusion.

If someone works nights and weekends to buy you a very nice gift, say a new car, it still takes work for you to hold out you hand and receive the keys and title to it. Does your work even compare to the works it might have taken to purchase that gift for you?

To receive anything from God, we must believe the word of God, that takes work, however, it is God that does the providing, not us.

Maybe that will help

Sounds good, but Paul makes it clear that believing is not a work.

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

God's untruth tries to claim that work was circumcision etc., but it had nothing to do with anything Abraham did. God told him he would have a son and "against all hope" he was persuaded that God was able to perform what He had promised. If you read Eph. 2, you'll see we are saved by grace through faith.....not of yourselves...lest any should boast.

Think Oats....salvation is not a new car. It is a work of God (as you rightly said) done in our heart by the Spirit.....we are persuaded by God. God did the work of persuading....God did the work of saving....God does the work of keeping us. He does the work of conforming us into the image of the Son. The workers boast of what they have done. Boasting is excluded by the law of faith.

God's Truth

You're right, I don't. But only based on what Paul said vs what you say.

Since you know what I believe, do you think I'm saved?

You do not believe I am saved, and since I am saved...JESUS says you have so judged yourself.

Matthew 7:2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

musterion

I know you are wrong about what you believe and say. You showed us that.

So you're saying I'm not saved. Glad we got that cleared up.

So since we don't believe you're saved (because of your false gospel) and since you believe we have a false gospel, there's nothing left to say.

God's Truth

Sounds good, but Paul makes it clear that believing is not a work.
Believing is a work. Jesus says it is a work.

Romans 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Romans 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Romans 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.​

God's untruth tries to claim that work was circumcision etc.,

Paul IS SPEAKING about BEFORE Abraham did the works of circumcision!

Abraham BELIEVED AND OBEYED GOD. Paul was speaking about the works of circumcision that we no longer have to do. Just read more of the scripture, for circumcision is even mentioned!

Being circumcised OR NOT is NOT in itself a sin! However, not doing the work of circumcision is a sin if God commanded it. It is the work Paul was speaking about that we do not have to do anymore.

You know what? ABRAHAM's FAITH was even tested!

Abraham's what was tested?

ABRAHAM's FAITH WAS TESTED.

How was Abraham's faith tested?

Abraham's faith was tested by God seeing IF ABRAHAM WOULD OBEY and offer Isaac as a sacrifice!

but it had nothing to do with anything Abraham did. God told him he would have a son and "against all hope" he was persuaded that God was able to perform what He had promised. If you read Eph. 2, you'll see we are saved by grace through faith.....not of yourselves...lest any should boast.

God would not have gave the promises to Abraham if Abraham did not obey!!!

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

James 2:21 21Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?…

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God did not give in to Satan and tell us we no longer have to obey. That is ludicrous.

You have, somewhere along the line, been misinformed about
"True Believers." The indwelling Holy Spirit of a "True Believer,"
gives them the loving desire to do the things that please God.

There is "no" such thing as a "Licence to Sin" in the Spiritual
realm. There's "no" "True Believer" that adhere's to that kind
of non-sense.

When a "True Believer" is "saved" they receive the "Righteousness
of Christ." They are cleansed of all sin (Past, present, and future.)
They are also, indwelt, sealed, and baptized into the Body of Christ
by the Holy Spirit.

The "True Believer" still has to contend with the flesh. However, in
Ephesians 2:6 it states: "And hath raised us up together, and made
us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:" Therefore, our
spirit is in Christ and Christ is in us, however, our flesh is still capable
of disobedience to God.

And, God disciplines His own. Hebrews 12:6 states; "For whom the Lord
loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Believing is a work. Jesus says it is a work.

Paul IS SPEAKING about BEFORE Abraham did the works of circumcision!

Abraham BELIEVED AND OBEYED GOD. Paul was speaking about the works of circumcision that we no longer have to do. Just read more of the scripture, for circumcision is even mentioned!

Being circumcised OR NOT is NOT in itself a sin! However, not doing the work of circumcision is a sin if God commanded it. It is the work Paul was speaking about that we do not have to do anymore.

You know what? ABRAHAM's FAITH was even tested!

Abraham's what was tested?

ABRAHAM's FAITH WAS TESTED.

How was Abraham's faith tested?

Abraham's faith was tested by God seeing IF ABRAHAM WOULD OBEY and offer Isaac as a sacrifice!

God would not have gave the promises to Abraham if Abraham did not obey!!!

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

James 2:21 21Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?…

GT, are you now or have you ever been a Catholic?

God's Truth

You have, somewhere along the line, been misinformed about
"True Believers." The indwelling Holy Spirit of a "True Believer,"
gives them the loving desire to do the things that please God.

There is "no" such thing as a "Licence to Sin" in the Spiritual
realm. There's "no" "True Believer" that adhere's to that kind
of non-sense.

When a "True Believer" is "saved" they receive the "Righteousness
of Christ." They are cleansed of all sin (Past, present, and future.)
They are also, indwelt, sealed, and baptized into the Body of Christ
by the Holy Spirit.

The "True Believer" still has to contend with the flesh. However, in
Ephesians 2:6 it states: "And hath raised us up together, and made
us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:" Therefore, our
spirit is in Christ and Christ is in us, however, our flesh is still capable
of disobedience to God.

And, God disciplines His own. Hebrews 12:6 states; "For whom the Lord
loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth."

Jesus saves those who obey him, for those are the people he gives the Holy Spirit to.

See Acts 5:32.