If its just love, why shouldnt incest be ok?

MrDante

Dictionary.com:
pe·do·phile
ˈpedəˌfīl/
noun
noun: paedophile; plural noun: paedophiles; noun: pedophile; plural noun: pedophiles

a person who is sexually attracted to children.

WebMd:

What is a pedophile?

A pedophile is a person who has a sustained sexual orientation toward children, generally aged 13 or younger

Wikipedia:

The word pedophilia comes from the Greek: παῖς, παιδός (paîs, paidós), meaning "child", and φιλία (philía), "friendly love" or "friendship".[20] Pedophilia is used for individuals with a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children aged 13 or younger...

Pedophilia emerges before or during puberty, and is stable over time.[25]

For these reasons, pedophilia has been described as a disorder of sexual preference, phenomenologically similar to a heterosexual or homosexual sexual orientation..[25]

I believe this shows clearly Dante is incorrect.

Now please respect my thread, this has been cleared up.

APA statement

APA: Pedophilia is not an orientation

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
More incest news:

DUNCAN, Okla. — An Oklahoma woman and her adult daughter are behind bars after authorities discovered that they were involved in an incestuous relationship in “marrying” each other earlier this year.

According to reports, the Department of Human Services (DHS) contacted the Duncan Police Department after visiting the home of Patricia Spann, 43, for a child welfare investigation. It found that Spann was living with three of her children, who had been previously taken from her custody and adopted by their paternal grandmother.

Spann reportedly had no contact with her children for years, but when she met her daughter Misty, now 25, the two “hit it off,” she told DHS officials. She also said that she looked into the ramifications of marrying her biological daughter, but determined “that because her name was no longer listed on Misty’s birth certificate, she felt no laws had been violated.”

The Duncan Banner confirmed that the two tied the knot in Comanche County on March 25. Spann had previously been “married” to her son Jody, but he annulled the relationship, citing incest. Spann had said that she wed her son to help him avoid being deployed into the military.

Under Oklahoma law, marrying one’s relative is considered felony incest whether or not a sexual relationship exists. Therefore, a warrant was issued for the arrest of both Patricia Spann and Misty Spann, and they were booked in the Stephens County Jail.

On Wednesday, mother and daughter appeared before Judge Ken Graham, who entered a not guilty plea on their behalf. They are being held on $10,000 bond and have been ordered not to have contact with any government witnesses.

Misty’s brother, Cody Spann, told local television station KSWO that he believed his mother had forced his sister into the “marriage.”

“For you to want to put your own daughter through this, what kind of person are you? If that’s what you want, that’s on you, but none of us kids want that,” he said. “And now you got my sister behind bars because of your choices. Why don’t you let that sit on you as a mom.”

Just weeks ago, headlines focused on 19-year-old Caleb Peterson and his 36-year-old mother, Monica Mares, who were was arrested in New Mexico earlier this year for having an incestuous relationship. They told the Daily Mail that they wanted to fight the charges but were willing to go to prison as society “can’t tell me who to love, who not to love.”

“The first time we were physical, [we] ended up holding hands and then we ended up kissing, and the kissing led to other things,” Mares told the outlet. “I felt comfortable with him and we fell even more deeply in love.”

“Honestly, I never thought we would get into trouble for our relationship,” Peterson also stated. “We were both consenting adults—when it comes down to it. She’s adult, I’m adult. I can make my own decisions.”

But some have spoken out against the slippery slope that occurs when God’s word is discarded for man’s opinion.

Last year, Dr. Michael Brown explained in an article for Charisma News that he had been asked to participate in a debate surrounding whether consensual adult incest should be legalized. Brown recalled that he was the only one on the panel that said that such relationships are never okay in the eyes of God.

“All the other participants, including a professor and a psychoanalyst, advocated for removing the laws against consensual adult incest,” he stated. “Are you surprised? But what’s the problem? Love is love [according to society], right? As long it’s consensual, who can say no to love?”

Brown stated that these developments are demonstrating the domino effect that results when the world rebels against God and His Master design for mankind.

“Those who have taken down the fence of marriage as God intended it have opened up a Pandora’s Box of possibilities,” he said, “none of them good.”

Leviticus 18:6-7 reads, “None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the Lord. The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.”

The floodgates are open.

Update on this one :

Oklahoma Mother Accused of Incest Allegedly 'Manipulated and Threatened' Daughter into Relationship, Son Says

he son of the Oklahoma mother charged with incest for marrying her daughter alleges the woman was a "predator" who "forced" his brother and then sister to marry her – and threatened to kill them if they did not comply.

"I think she's just a sick, twisted individual that has something messed up in her head," Cody Spann, 24, tells PEOPLE of his mother, 43-year-old Patricia Spann. "Why would you want to be with one of your own kids? Patricia's a very disgusting and horrible person."

Patricia and Cody's older sister, 25-year-old Misty, were arrested on Tuesday after authorities discovered that the two were legally married. Officials later learned that she married her oldest son, Jody, in 2008, but the man filed for an annulment in 2010 citing "incest," according to an affidavit obtained by PEOPLE.

Patricia told authorities that she lost custody of her children when they were young, and the kids were raised by their grandparents. She said she and Misty "hit it off" when she came back into their lives about two years ago.

However, Cody says Patricia reentered their lives in 2007 or 2008, claiming to be a friend rather than their biological mother. Cody says he, Patricia and his siblings spent some time in Texas where Patricia and Jody became close. The two eventually married, but when the family returned to Oklahoma, everyone learned the truth about being related.

"My grandmother looked at my brother and told him that was his mom," Cody recalls. "My brother … said that he wanted to get away from her – that was not what he wanted. And she threatened to kill him. She threatened to poison him."

He says Jody was allegedly "manipulated, forced and threatened" after he learned the truth. He said that after that marriage was annulled, Patricia set her sights on Misty, allegedly threatening her with poisoning and kidnapping if Misty refused.

"My sister was manipulated and scared into this. Was she an adult? Yes she was. But my sister was scared," Cody says.

Court records show that the two became married in March.

A Duncan Police Department spokesman tells PEOPLE police believe there was allegedly "more than likely" some coercion and manipulation from Patricia but "all indications show that both of the children who married their mother went to the court of their own free will and signed the documents to marry her."

"There may have been some coercion there, but they had the choice and they chose to go ahead and do that," the spokesman says.

The spokesman adds that neither Jody nor Misty ever reported threats from their mother to police.

However, Cody says that Patricia allegedly admitted to friends that she "pushed" her daughter into the incestuous marriage.

Cody Says Mother Tried to Marry Him
Cody tells PEOPLE his mother allegedly tried to marry him.

"She only tried that once and I told her to get lost," he alleges. "When she tried coming on to me, I told her that she was my mother. That is disgusting and I would never be with her."

Patricia told authorities that she allegedly "looked into it" and determined, erroneously, that marrying Misty would not violate the law because her name was not on an amended birth certificate created when she lost custody of her children.

Both Patricia and Misty have been charged with one count each of incest and are being held at the Stephen County Jail. Police told PEOPLE Monday that neither yet has an attorney or has entered a plea.

Cody says local police agreed that his sister and brother were victims "at the hands of a predator."

"Why would you want to be with one of your kids? You birthed these children?" Cody asks. "God gave you a blessing of putting three kids on earth that actually belong to you and the first thing you want to do is go and mess it all up."

Police have not determined a motive for the marriages, and Cody says he does not know what would prompt his mother to seek such a relationship with her children.

"I don't know if something happened to her when she was younger that made her think that was okay," he says, noting that his maternal grandparents said they "have never seen anything like that come from them."

fool

Hall of Fame
Third: Further pedophilia is directly linked to lesions in the white matter in specific brain sections of the amygdala and we know that the greater the brain damage the younger the preferred victim of the pedophile.

So no pedophiles do not have a sexual orientation towards children

This is fascinating, tell me more I've never heard of this.
We could could screen for this?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No. Rusha was here for a long time, being herself and standing her ground. She's been a staunch advocate against abortion and a reasonable, strong voice on a number of other important issues. She's been a good friend to me, in agreement and in difference. But it doesn't matter how you think of her now. She's taken an indefinite leave of absence. I'm not sure we'll see her here again. In that, she joins a number of TOL women who simply tired of people like you and pushed back from the table, disinterested in the hostility and static you generate.

Congrats. Every day, in every way, people like you continue to dismantle this place, lower its collective IQ, and move discourse to the hostile margins.

I miss Rusha a lot. I don't know either if she'll be back, but she's an amazing woman. Courageous beyond most posters' knowledge here... she's warm-hearted, loyal, ethical, funny as heck, and a true blue friend.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Don't undersell yourself. I have the feeling you'd like to ask every man you meet that question. Why, I have no real idea...so in that much we're alike.

I've never been angry with you. Your dishonesty is offensive, but in the way someone picking their nose at the table across from me in a restaurant would be offensive, not in a "The Klan just nominated you for man of the year" sense. :plain: And I don't believe I've ever asked for you to be banned. I hope I reported what you said to anna, but I don't recall it.

In fact, looking over your infraction history, you're once again an unreliable witness. I'll bold the ones that involve me.

Nov., 2011: Knight hit you with a ban for an over the line comment to Rusha and demanded an apology for the remark.
Jan. 2012, Knight, implied profanity answering me.
Mar. 2012, Knight, you called Elo a sodomite.
Aug. 2012, Poly, provoking Nog and AB.
Aug. 2012, Knight, disruptive, aimed at Mary Contrary
Oct. 2012, Delmar, disruptive, WoZ.
Nov. 2012, Delmar, provoking Eeset.
Nov. 2012, Knight, disruptive, WoZ
Dec. 2012, Knight, disruptive, Jeremysdemo
May 2013, Knight, disruptive, zoo
June 2013, Delmar, disruptive, LMOHM
Aug 2013, ebenz, disruptive, RandPaul2016
Oct. 2013, Knight hit you for name calling a few libertarians.
Dec. 2013, Delmar hit you for implied profanity aimed at anna.
Dec. 2013, Delmar, disruptive, Lohmeyer
Sept. 2014, Delmar, disruptive, The Barbarian
May 2015, Sherman, disruptive, TracerBullet
Feb 2016, Poly, uploading profane images, PJ

So mostly you have a history with all sorts of people and mostly you have an impulse control issue that gets you into trouble.

Why don't you just write it in crayon and put a two boxes with a "Check one" on it, to keep with the level of maturity inherent in the nature of the thing. You don't want to ask the question because you're unaware of my wife, the librarian, or my son, Jack. You want to ask because you're who you are and that's what you do. :plain:

And that's why I've mostly had little to nothing to do with or say to you and why you don't find me in that thread of yours.

I can't believe the bizarre bizarreness of what you were responding to.

Never mind. Yes I can.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I miss Rusha a lot. I don't know either if she'll be back, but she's an amazing woman. Courageous beyond most posters' knowledge here... she's warm-hearted, loyal, ethical, funny as heck, and a true blue friend.
:thumb:

Now, in the interest of being fair and balanced, I give you the fairly unbalanced:

You're full of manure as usual
So you don't know much about Rusha on the topic but you aren't going to let ignorance stop you...define you, sure...but not stop you.

I haven't been on in a couple weeks
You know, the last time I read something by you I was thinking you were off.

What I do know is that she decided to put everyone on ignore who she couldn't affect.
No, she just opted out of reading hostile nonsense from people who couldn't engage her more substantively. You'd be surprised by the horsefeathers that were thrown in her direction routinely by one doofi or another.

I wonder if Rusha isn't employed to simply be bait for others to be banned.
Like if you put a cymbal-banging monkey in a room of cats :plain:

Or maybe you wouldn't.

Those like TH choose not to see motives though.
I can see right through you, if that's any consolation. :plain:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No, she just opted out of reading hostile nonsense from people who couldn't engage her more substantively. You'd be surprised by the horsefeathers that were thrown in her direction routinely by one doofi or another.

Yeah, funny how he has it backwards. It's not that she couldn't affect him, it's that she simply lost interest in what he had to say.

And that's just him. She took a lot of grief from a lot of posters and always handled it with grace. I think what drove some of them nuts is that she's stronger than they are. And stronger in a good way.

ClimateSanity

I'm a smart guy. Sure. I'm also an honest one. I have no problem disagreeing with you if we're not on the same page or nodding if we are, but I don't know what you want here. I haven't once suggested you were anything but sincere or honest. It's too bad you can't manage that in return.

A smart man doesn't need to dissemble to make his point if truth is on his side.

Definition:. to give a false or misleading appearance to; conceal the truth or real nature of:

Rarified use of language intended to confuse instead of to enlighten.

My definition

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
A smart man doesn't need to dissemble to make his point if truth is on his side.

Definition:. to give a false or misleading appearance to; conceal the truth or real nature of:

Rarified use of language intended to confuse instead of to enlighten.

My definition

TH is as honest as the day is long. He doesn't dissemble, he just doesn't say always say the things you want to hear. Just because you don't agree with him (or maybe don't understand him) doesn't make him misleading. And your use of the word "intended" adds an extra bit of malice, which isn't any more useful than your definition.