ECT "I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH"---not "churchES"

Cruciform

The RCC can't be the church Jesus Christ personally and historically founded.
The OP is referring to the "Catholic Church." Nothing was said about the "RCC."

One of the reasons being that Peter was married...
How exactly do you imagine that Peter being married would in any way negate the Catholic Church as Christ's one historic Church...?

...and the RCC to begin with, deny their priests the God-given gift to marry.
Not even close (see this).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
can you help us make sense of this?

By faith Moses when he was come to years refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season. Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward. (Hebrews 11:24-26)​

Cruciform

I didn't know Moses was a Roman Catholic. I actually don't think he was.
Neither do I, nor does my previous statement suggest any such thing. (Again, the subject of the OP is not "Roman" Catholicism, but specifically the Catholic Church.)

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Neither do I, nor does my previous statement suggest any such thing. (Again, the subject of the OP is not "Roman" Catholicism, but specifically the Catholic Church.)

The point is that Christian assemblies did not begin in NT times. Moses was indeed a Christian and the "Catholic" church is a replica of Judaism.

Cruciform

The point is that Christian assemblies did not begin in NT times.
Of course they did. The Greek term "ecclesia" ("church,""assembly," or "congregation") is used several times in the New Testament to describe Christ's one historic Church.

Moses was indeed a Christian...
Not properly speaking. It could be imagined that he was a sort of "retroactive 'Christian'," but the testimony of Scripture is that Moses (and other pre-Christian saints) lived under the the Old Covenant, not under the New Covenant initiated by Jesus Christ.

...and the "Catholic" Church is a replica of Judaism.
While the historical and theological roots of Christianity are Jewish, the New Covenant Church is not itself Jewish. The Church had entirely separated from the Synogogue by the late 1st century.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
While the historical and theological roots of Christianity are Jewish, the New Covenant Church is not itself Jewish.

Located at the southern end of the Vatican Museums and just north of St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel is of no great architectural interest. It is a barn-like simple rectangle, 40.93 meters long by 13.41 meters wide - the exact dimensions of the Temple of Solomon as given in the Old Testament.

The New Testament fulfillment of Old Testament "types" is a common theme in Christian theology and church art, but in the Sistine Chapel there is another layer of meaning. Pope Sixtus IV wished the entire cycle to illustrate the legitimacy of his papal authority, running from Moses, via Christ, to Peter.

(http://www.sacred-destinations.com/italy/rome-sistine-chapel)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Not properly speaking. It could be imagined that he was a sort of "retroactive 'Christian'," but the testimony of Scripture is that Moses (and other pre-Christian saints) lived under the the Old Covenant, not under the New Covenant initiated by Jesus Christ.

But what you don't realize is that Jesus' God is God of Jews and Gentiles.

Cruciform

Located at the southern end of the Vatican Museums and just north of St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel is of no great architectural interest. It is a barn-like simple rectangle, 40.93 meters long by 13.41 meters wide - the exact dimensions of the Temple of Solomon as given in the Old Testament. The New Testament fulfillment of Old Testament "types" is a common theme in Christian theology and church art, but in the Sistine Chapel there is another layer of meaning. Pope Sixtus IV wished the entire cycle to illustrate the legitimacy of his papal authority, running from Moses, via Christ, to Peter.
That's very interesting, but in no way alters my statements in Post #50 above.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
That's very interesting, but in no way alters my statements in Post #50 above.

You said, "Of course they did. The Greek term "ecclesia" ("church,""assembly," or "congregation") is used several times in the New Testament to describe Christ's one historic Church."

Pope Sixtus IV said his authority came from Moses through Christ.

Cruciform

You said, "Of course they did. The Greek term "ecclesia" ("church,""assembly," or "congregation") is used several times in the New Testament to describe Christ's one historic Church." Pope Sixtus IV said his authority came from Moses through Christ.
Yes, the People of God encompasses both the Old and New Covenants. But that does not mean that an Old Covenant Jew (Moses) is a New Covenant "Christian." :nono:

Back to Post #50.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Moses was a member of the Old Covenant Church (Jewish), not of the New Covenant Church (Christian) founded by Jesus Christ.

Jesus is a Jew. Why would he found a Roman church?

Is it because the Romans subjugated his nation?

Aimiel

When John wrote Revelation, Jesus spoke of SEVEN churches. None of them were Catholic, either. :duh: