ECT "I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH"---not "churchES"

Cross Reference

Jesus told Peter to feed his sheep. Is it not obvious that 'meat' was truth from the OT as Paul was so fluent, unlike Peter early in his ministry (Acts 4:13, 20)? GOD's ONE HISTORIC CHURCH began in Genesis 2:7 KJV with particular emphasis on Genesis 4:25 KJV, Genesis 4:26 KJV.

Matthew 23:5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, KJV "But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, 6) And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7) And greetings in their markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi. 8) But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren. 9) And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven. 10) Neither be ye called master: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11) But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12) And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted."

So, if you're going for breakfast, CR... might want to take a Cruciform along:

NOT me.

You leave out too many things to arrive at just conclusions, k. I don't know how to agree with you. Ya gotta be careful when you mingle the OT with the NT. Very hard follow when one doesn't.

kayaker

NOT me.

You leave out too many things to arrive at just conclusions, k. I don't know how to agree with you. Ya gotta be careful when you mingle the OT with the NT. Very hard follow when one doesn't.

I appreciate where you're coming from, CR. I actually see the Bible in one context, although referring to the OT and NT for reference purposes. The NT was fulfillment of the OT. The OT was prelude to the NT... all God's Word.

Ask around what went down in Noah's tent Genesis 9:22 KJV. Does Leviticus 18:8 KJV, Leviticus 20:11 KJV, Deuteronomy 22:30 KJV, Deuteronomy 27:20 KJV shed any light in Noah's tent? Realizing Japheth, who walked into Noah's tent backwards and covered (Genesis 9:23 KJV), was the 'father' of the Gentiles predominately discussed in the NT (Genesis 9:27, 10:2, 3, 4, Genesis 10:5), then it is readily evident Paul understood the origin of the Gentiles via what went down in Noah's tent in 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV.

Those instigating the crucifixion of Jesus (John 8:37 KJV) said "We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man..." (John 8:33 KJV). Simple deduction suggests Jesus' detractors were NOT Israelites via Sarah=>Isaac + Rebekah => Jacob-Israel. Israelites were quite OT, CR... then, who were those who instigated the crucifixion? And, here we are back into the OT.

Paul discussed the Ishmaelite descendants of Abraham via the bondwoman in Galatians 4:27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Paul discussed the Shelanite descendants of Abraham (Numbers 26:20 KJV) via the Israelite Judah with his Canaanite wife (Genesis 38:1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 26) in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9. And, here were are again in the OT.

Feed my sheep was not the duty of the evangelist, CR. Peter was a vegan (early in his ministry), Paul was a carnivore.

The meat is in the OT, CR. And, if you wish to hear conjecture... maybe a Catholic can offer a copy/paste rendering of what went down in Noah's tent? Maybe a rendering of Paul's analysis of the Shelanites in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9? And, who exactly instigated the crucifixion of Jesus if not the Israelites, anyway? Didn't they fulfill Genesis 3:15 KJV?

GOD's ONE HISTORIC CHURCH began in Genesis...

kayaker

Cross Reference

I appreciate where you're coming from, CR. I actually see the Bible in one context, although referring to the OT and NT for reference purposes. The NT was fulfillment of the OT. The OT was prelude to the NT... all God's Word.

Ask around what went down in Noah's tent Genesis 9:22 KJV. Does Leviticus 18:8 KJV, Leviticus 20:11 KJV, Deuteronomy 22:30 KJV, Deuteronomy 27:20 KJV shed any light in Noah's tent? Realizing Japheth, who walked into Noah's tent backwards and covered (Genesis 9:23 KJV), was the 'father' of the Gentiles predominately discussed in the NT (Genesis 9:27, 10:2, 3, 4, Genesis 10:5), then it is readily evident Paul understood the origin of the Gentiles via what went down in Noah's tent in 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV.

Those instigating the crucifixion of Jesus (John 8:37 KJV) said "We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man..." (John 8:33 KJV). Simple deduction suggests Jesus' detractors were NOT Israelites via Sarah=>Isaac + Rebekah => Jacob-Israel. Israelites were quite OT, CR... then, who were those who instigated the crucifixion? And, here we are back into the OT.

Paul discussed the Ishmaelite descendants of the bondwoman in Galatians 4:27, 28, 29, 30, 31. Paul discussed the Shelanite descendants (Numbers 26:20 KJV) of the Israelite Judah via his Canaanite wife (Genesis 38:1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 26) in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9. And, here were are again in the OT.

Feed my sheep was not the duty of the evangelist, CR. Peter was a vegan (early in his ministry), Paul was a carnivore.

The meat is in the OT, CR. And, if you wish to hear conjecture... maybe a Catholic can offer a copy/paste rendering of what went down in Noah's tent? Maybe a rendering of Paul's analysis of the Shelanites in Romans 9:6, 7, 8, 9? And, who exactly instigated the crucifixion of Jesus if not the Israelites, anyway? Didn't they fulfill Genesis 3:15 KJV?

GOD's ONE HISTORIC CHURCH began in Genesis...

kayaker

I guess, my friend. Many believe it should have begun in John 20:22. I will leave your interpretation with you. . . .:)

kayaker

I guess, my friend. Many believe it should have begun in John 20:22. I will leave your interpretation with you. . . .:)

Indeed, friend. I certainly appreciate John 20:22 KJV. I proffer the prelude occurred in Genesis 2:7 KJV. Ezekiel 37:1, 2, 3, 4, Ezekiel 37:5 KJV, Ezekiel 37:6, 7, 8, 9, 10 also bear reflection... 'flesh' on the bones associated with Ezekiel 37:15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23.

About time for lunch!

Later... kayaker

Cross Reference

Indeed, friend. I certainly appreciate John 20:22 KJV. I proffer the prelude occurred in Genesis 2:7 KJV. Ezekiel 37:1, 2, 3, 4, Ezekiel 37:5 KJV, Ezekiel 37:6, 7, 8, 9, 10 also bear reflection... 'flesh' on the bones associated with Ezekiel 37:15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23.

About time for lunch!

Later... kayaker

Me, too. I need to go and reinstall a brake rotor on my "project car".

lifeisgood

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH: The only Church that Jesus Christ personally & historically founded. All other "churches" are founded by mere men.

The RCC can't be the church Jesus Christ personally and historically founded.

One of the reasons being that Peter was married:

Matthew 8:14 --- "And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever."​

and the RCC to begin with, deny their priests the God-given gift to marry.

Cross Reference

The RCC can't be the church Jesus Christ personally and historically founded.

One of the reasons being that Peter was married:

Matthew 8:14 --- "And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever."​

and the RCC to begin with, deny their priests the God-given gift to marry.

LOL! Do you think He'll buy that?

john w

Hall of Fame

Spam from Roman shill Cruciform, vs. the bible:

Romans 16:5 KJV
Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my well-beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ.

1 Corinthians 16:19 KJV
The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.

Colossians 4:15 KJV
Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.

Philemon 1:2 KJV
And to our beloved Apphia, and Archippus our fellowsoldier, and to the church in thy house:

Contrasts.

john w

Hall of Fame
Ecclesia means "community," "assembly," or "congregation." That's the basic meaning of the English term "church." Take your pick. It makes no essential difference whatsoever.

Called out ones=the church, which is his body, is comprised of fallible, respective members of the body of Christ, individuals, not some alleged infallible bunch of clowns, dressed up in clown outfits, known as "The Roman Catholic Organization."

You wicked Roman shill.

DAN P

d708ba98f227e50b0770783f6bce8165.jpg

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH: The only Church that Jesus Christ personally & historically founded. All other "churches" are
founded by mere men.

Hi and you are still believe that " I will build " is still in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , are you in the Past , or Present or are you in the FUTURE TENSE ?

Not a TRICK Question and can you tell the difference ?

There were many EKKLESIAS all over and NOT just in Jerusalem , so who appointed there Pastors ??

dan p

OCTOBER23

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY SUCH AN INTELLIGENT PERSON LIKE CRUCIFORM

WOULD STUBBORNLY STICK WITH THAT ARCANE ORGANIZATIOIN.

Cruciform

Then why doesn't it bear his name?... NAME:
2 Cor. 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God
  • First, the term "Catholic Church" (Greek: ekklesia kath 'oleis) actually appears in Acts 9:31, where it is translated as "the Church throughout all." This is not yet being used, however, as a technical theological term to describe the Christian community.
  • Second, Neither is the New Testament phrase "church of God/Christ" a technical term or formal name for the Church. Rather, it simply means "Christ's Church."
  • Third, the term "Catholic Church" began to be used by the early Church as an official name for Christ's one historic Church around the mid 1st century, and it has be known as such ever since.
PEOPLE:
Acts 11:26.... and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.
Not only are Catholics Christians, but we are the original Christians.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

The RCC did not start in AD33.
The Catholic Church was founded by Jesus Christ himself in 33 A.D. The Roman (Latin) Rite of the Catholic Church---which is only one of several rites of the Catholic Church---was established subsequently in Catholic history. The subject of the OP is specifically the Catholic Church itself.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Hi and you are still believe that " I will build " is still in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , are you in the Past , or Present or are you in the FUTURE TENSE ?
Yes, Jesus declared, "I will build my Church" (future), and then he went on to actually do so, right down to our own day (present).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

False Prophet

The document known as the Edict of Milan (Edictum Mediolanense) was the beginning of the RCC, since it could not exist before hand when Christianity was outlawed in the Roman Empire; so Christians had to practice their religion underground, such as places like the catechoums. The Edict of Milan refers to the February 313 AD agreement to treat Christians benevolently within the Roman Empire. So 313 marks the earliest date when the RCC could have existed. Domitian would have wiped out such an organization.