I will be voting for Hillary Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And you think that's worse than Hillary destroying documents, committing crimes, lying to military families and to the FBI, FBI investigations, and he decades long corruption? You're an idiot.

Besides, that fallen soldiers "parents" are Muslim brotherhood tools you moron.

You put "parents" in quotes?

You're an embarrassment.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Four years later, with Trump in the mix, that's not an option. If the GOP had advanced Kasich, I would have voted for him over Hillary. I will not vote for Trump, and I will vote against him, because I think the stakes are that high.

Kasich was my candidate as well, though I would have also considered Jeb. Trump is simply not an option.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
'Shame on Him': Father of Muslim Soldier Killed in Iraq Responds to Trump

The father of a Muslim U.S. soldier killed in Iraq blasted Donald Trump Saturday for suggesting his wife was "not allowed" to speak during a powerful speech at this week's Democratic National Convention.

"Running for president is not an entitlement to disrespect [a] Gold Star family and Gold Star mother, not realizing her pain,"Khizr Khan said in an interview on ABC News Saturday.

The Khans' son, U.S. Army Capt. Humayun Khan, was killed by a car bomb in 2004 while guarding the gates of his base in Iraq, saving the lives of his fellow soldiers and civilians.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The Kahn Hashtag: https://twitter.com/hashtag/kahn?f=tweets&vertical=default&src=hash

To hell with that Fascist. Why don't you go live over there if you love them so much. They'll cover you up and rape you when you're out of line... ...great folks.

The most ridiculous thing in this time right now are liberals befriending Islam- because they hate Christians. It's not about a liberal ideology.
That is what they are at war against- only a fool would say otherwise and it takes a man to stand up and tell it.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
NEWSFLASH: 99% of people who join the military do not do it out of patriotic reasons.
However, they enjoy the idols you clip on them.

This is a fundamental problem with America- they have to treat the police and military as a monolith.

rexlunae

FUN FACT: you're in America! You're in our & Trump's America, get use to it Mr. Islam (#Kahn) Muslim! Don't like it? #LEAVE

This isn't "your" country. You don't own it, and you're not entitled to demand that people leave it. It's "our" country, yours, mine, and his. Learn to share.

TWEET:
Where was #Kahn's disgust when members of his faith murdered thousandsor when HRC didn't protect Americans in Beng
https://twitter.com/TWA2Garp/status/759865847988924416

Yes, that's the ticket! Blame Mr. Khan for everything that any Muslim does anywhere. And likewise, I'm sure you're willing to assume responsibility for everything that every Christian does anywhere too, right?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
You're an idiot. You love your Muslim Fascists and hate a successful businessman. You'll vote for the most corrupt candidate ever and blame it on the successful businessman.
How ironic - Theodore Shoebat, the son of Walid Shoebat, the source that "CatholicCrusader" has used in his attacks on the Moslem American "silver-star" parents that lost their son in the military, identifies himself as a "proud fascist!"

TRUNEWS 6/18/13 - Walid and Theodore Shoebat on YouTube

Theodore Shoebat Says Those Who Refuse To Submit To Christian Society Should Be Put To Death. YouTube. 9 October 2015.

Theodore Shoebat Says Homosexuality Should Be Outlawed Because It Leads To Murder & Cannibalism. YouTube. 9 October 2015.

"Shoebat Admits to Being a ‘Proud Fascist’".

DavidK

I wasn't aware I'd made an assumption about you, it certainly wasn't intentional. My point was that the GOP won't be living up to their plank when it comes to abortion, they want to say it to get votes, but don't want to actually act on it, because they'd lose votes. You make a good point about Trump's comment about his sister, he did say she'd make a "phenomenal" Supreme Court judge.

My apologies, it appeared by your response that you were expecting I had been supporter of the GOP.

DavidK

I don't have any info on that, but suspect that numbers may be down because of other factors, since abortions are still readily available. While regulations have been made, they also been overturned, but it does highlight the fact that at the state or county level you have more options than you do at the federal level, which means the presidential race won't have an effect. This comes back to what I said earlier, work within your personal sphere of influence, more will come from that than from who you vote for (or not) for president.

I can agree with that. I see this as one of the problems the church is having with this election. Scripture is consistent in its admonition that we do the right thing, even though it seems ridiculous to earthly wisdom. We are to love our enemies, and give when the world says save. It is up to God to worry about the outcome. There is wonderful freedom in this, but our worry and lack of faith continuously try to bring us back to making sure we get the right outcome, instead of choosing the right path.

Scripture is clear that it is God who sets kings in their place, and it is God who removes them. Not my vote. I'll vote for the person I most want to be President, and let Him worry about whether Hillary, Trump, or some miraculous election of a third party candidate will best serve His purpose here and now in this country.

In the end, we are given the responsibility of placing one vote, not trying to manage everyone else's votes by balancing them.

PureX

I really do not want to vote for Hillary Clinton. Not because I think she's such a terrible human being, or politician, but because I resent the DNC forcing her on us as a candidate. And because I resent the fact that she is being presented as the only alternative to the insanity of Donald Trump.

Here are some excerpts from a really good essay written by Laurie Penny, while covering the democratic convention:

"… The party machine loves her, but the membership is deeply divided. The exact same thing is happening in the British Labour party, and elsewhere across the world as the centre-left faces up to the decades of milquetoast equivocation that have caused it, as essayist Sam Kriss puts it, to replace politics with management.

What Sanders and his followers want are real politics, a programme for measurable change- a living wage, debt-free college, an end to private prisons. What Hillary’s people want is a Democrat in charge. Any Democrat. But the mood of the American people is populist, and the Democrats have decided that populism is not to be tolerated. There’s a chasm between the party and the people they claim to stand for, and it’s the kind of chasm that monsters emerge from.
Clinton is inarguably competent. Unfortunately, the American people don’t want competence. They want to be saved."

"The heartache, however, hangs in the air too thick to dismiss, and it’d be great if those calling for instant unity could show some respect and give the people five minutes to grieve."

"Back in the hall, the Bernie or Bust contingent will not shut up. It’s hard to hear the actual scale of the dissent on the floor from the video feeds, which may not be accidental. Take it from me, though, that every speaker is having a very hard time. Bernie’s people yell over Elijah Cummings as he tries to talk about abortion rights. They yell over Cory Booker. They holler over a young black military widow who is on stage to talk about how Trump University scammed her out of her life savings, and she looked as if she were about to burst into tears. They even boo Michelle Obama. Michelle Obama! A woman who has eaten progressive goodwill for breakfast every day for eight years!"

"Dissent will not be tolerated. Protest will not be permitted. You will shut the hell up and get on the Clinton bus as it rolls towards a future slightly less terrifying than Trump nation and you will smile about it."

"Next to us, an independent internet journalist wearing a giant crystal pendant and no shirt starts explaining how he’s hoping for a Trump presidency to usher in the coming collapse of civilization. Inside, party svengalis plead with the delegates to be reasonable, to consider the greater good, to vote for the lesser evil. The problem is that ordinary decent people around the world have had thirty years of lesser-evilism, and they’re sick of it. Hilary is not talking their language. Trump, lying through his lacquered teeth about bringing back union jobs, just might be.

Here we are in the desert of moderate liberalism. The storm has hit, and nobody was prepared.

The Democratic Party, like the British Labour Party, has decided in advance what is politically possible- but they may have made a terrible mistake. In the face of the collapse of the centre-left consensus, the right is terrifying in its grudging unity, and the left is terrifying in its disarray. Consider that after some initial brouhaha, the Republicans cheered on cue as their party was taken over by a giant evil baby. This is because the right runs on fear and is generally good at being told what to do. Meanwhile, Democrats who didn’t get the candidate they wanted were all but throwing punches on the convention floor. When you actually care about the world not sliding into fascism, compromise doesn’t hurt any less. It hurts more."​

I keep thinking the only way out of this, is OUT. Not to accept these bad and worse candidates, once again, but to finally just say "no". By not voting for either of them.

I don't know if this link will work, but it's an excellent essay! LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.