I Quit My Job Yesterday

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Door to door gravy and biscuits. I'm telling you, it's an untapped market. Otherwise, good on you. :thumb:
Indeed.

The poor man's version of good biscuits and gravy:

One quart of Half and Half
Two rolls Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage
One can biscuits
One three quart saucepan
5 generous tablespoons of flour
One flour duster

- Slice portion of one roll of sausage into six patties, fry them in saucepan (prevents grease splatter) and set them aside, leaving grease in the pan.
- Dice up remaining sausage with the second sausage roll and cook to brown in the saucepan.
- Add Half and Half to saucepan with the sausage therein and bring to 320 degrees (med to med high setting)
- Wait for the mixture in the pot to start showing heat fumes
- Now use flour duster to add flour slowly in the saucepan to avoid clumping to the mixture in the saucepan
- Begin cooking biscuits, usually 14-25 minutes depending upon brand
- Keep stirring the pot and dusting with flour until thickened.
- Reduce heat to low

When done, split biscuits apart and apply generous amounts of sausage gravy on serving plate
Add microwaved for 30 s. two sausage patties on top of plate and serve with cold milk in freezer frosted glasses.

Serves 3-4 assuming 8 biscuits per can.

Naps will come upon you about one hour afterwards. ;)

AMR

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Indeed.

The poor man's version of good biscuits and gravy:

One quart of Half and Half
Two rolls Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage
One can biscuits
One three quart saucepan
5 generous tablespoons of flour
One flour duster

Slice one roll of sausage into six patties, fry them in saucepan (prevents grease splatter) and set them aside, leaving grease in the pan.
Dice up remaining sausage with the second sauce roll and cook to brown in the saucepan.
Add Half and Half to saucepan and bring to 320 degrees (med to med high setting)
Wait for the mixture in the pot to start showing heat fumes
Now use flour duster to add flour slowly in the saucepan to avoid clumping to the mixture in the saucepan
Begin cooking biscuits, usually 14-25 minutes depending upon brand
Keep stirring the pot and dusting with flour until thickened.
Reduce heat to low

When done, split biscuits apart and apply generous amounts of sausage gravy on serving plate
Add two patties on top of plate and serve with cold milk in freezer frosted glasses.

Serves 3-4 assuming 8 biscuits per can.

AMR
If I see your truck in my neighborhood there's going to be trouble. :Clete: :eek: :noid:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:e4e:

Yes sir, it would be great to do something I'm passionate about, and make a living in the process.
Well, if money isn't the prime motivator, a generation of kids in need of solid male role models could use more of them in the teaching profession. :)

That's where I'm going for a third act after hanging up the scales of justice. And there's fast track programming for people with degrees and life experience. You can have an Alternative Masters in Education in short order. I pulled mine together 2 courses at a time over two years. You could do it in half that time if you weren't held up by something else.

A thing to consider, at any rate. There's a real need.

SaulToPaul 2

Well, if money isn't the prime motivator, a generation of kids in need of solid male role models could use more of them in the teaching profession. :)

That's where I'm going for a third act after hanging up the scales of justice. And there's fast track programming for people with degrees and life experience. You can have an Alternative Masters in Education in short order. I pulled mine together 2 courses at a time over two years. You could do it in half that time if you weren't held up by something else.

A thing to consider, at any rate. There's a real need.

Or a professional MAD/fitness blogger...

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yes sir, it would be great to do something I'm passionate about, and make a living in the process.

What are the things you are passionate about?

You are passionate about eschatological topics, so you could write a book. ;)

What are your secular passions?

Due to downsizing, I unexpectedly lost a job with Intel Corp. in 2004 that I assumed I would retire from. I turned that hard providence into a consulting business doing the same thing I was doing at Intel (wireless communications engineering intellectual property) into a consulting business. Guess who was my first customer? Yes, Intel Corp. They remain one of my primary clients, too. The event also made it possible to work from home. My wife became very ill soon afterwards, requiring my daily care, so the whole life event was meant for something meaningful to me (Genesis 50:20). I did not know that at the time, but I do now.

AMR

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I worked hard the past 5 years and managed to save quite a bit of loot.
Can I send you a portion of it and have you triple it for me?

Do like us Yankees do. Go to Houston in your free time and operate as a carpet bagger.