I love this place :)

Hey TOL gurus. My real name is Caleb; "I hate to be that heretic" as my username is just an unorthodoxy warning.

I know this may be a bad Idea, but I have the feeling nonetheless I am really going to enjoy this site. Like many of you I think in an unconventional manner and do not really subscribe to the doctrinal beliefs of any denomination or religion...I don't like to consider myself affiliated with Christianity, not because I don't love God or am unbelieving but because I despise religion. So I couldn't really describe myself as protestant, catholic, Armenian, Calvinist, Charismatic, Baptist, etc. I simply love walking with God, revelation, and using the gift God gave me of mental ability (which some may contest).

If some of you wouldn't mind explaining a bit of how the forum system works, like reputation, the different categories of membership (what they mean), and all those other mechanisms that aren't quite that forthcoming, I would love that.

Most of all, I am here to have my thinking challenged, and may randomly post something extremely radical for this purpose. I love it when people disagree. Feel free to even play devil's advocate if you see a weakness in my argument, also feel free to point out any blatant heresy (need I even give you permission?). I never take that personally, but I generally pay no attention to ad-hominem attacks. I already anticipate being called a heretic, at the same time, most of you guy's thinking is extremely profound and deep, so I expect to learn a lot.

Political views: the Constitution. That gives away my candidate pretty well.

A summation of my Theology: To be a child of God is to be led by the Spirit. I don't belive that divine revelation has ceased, and emphasize the need for people to listen to the voice of God for themselves.

Anyway, looking forward to this.:thumb:

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
"I don't belive that divine revelation has ceased, and emphasize the need for people to listen to the voice of God for themselves."-Caleb

Who does God like in the MLB National League East this year? What's His voice telling you?

Choleric

Welcome...:thumb:

And speaking of heretics, there are quite a few around here. I have composed a list for reference and will give you a head start on how to recognize where a particular poster may be coming from. As Paul said,

"Rom_16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. "

Here is your head start...Satan, Inc. (TOL's Heretic's List)

Cleekster

Welcome...:thumb:

And speaking of heretics, there are quite a few around here. I have composed a list for reference and will give you a head start on how to recognize where a particular poster may be coming from. As Paul said,

"Rom_16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. "

Here is your head start...Satan, Inc. (TOL's Heretic's List)

i was wondering how long it would be before you crashed the party:chuckle:

rainee

...my username is just an unorthodoxy warning

Hi, funny you would say that - mine kinda is too. lol

I know this may be a bad Idea
Some say you should listen to that still small voice

I simply love walking with God, revelation, and using the gift God gave me of mental ability (which some may contest).

Did you say revelation?
Yikes.

A summation of my Theology: To be a child of God is to be led by the Spirit. I don't belive that divine revelation has ceased, and emphasize the need for people to listen to the voice of God for themselves.

You mean like what James and Peter and John had on the Mount of Transfiguration?

They were beaten, persecuted and murdered because they knew truth and could never forget it. They had to testify to it to their very last breath on this earth.
Are you like that?

Or like Paul, who was given a messenger of Satan to torment him because of the great and wonderful things revealed to him? Who was also beaten persecuted and killed?

Or is your revelation that you will grow old and infirm and die if you you do not leave this world sooner? Ecclesiastes 12:1-3

To whom much is given from them much is required, the Bible says.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
TOL is an interesting place. Folks either love it, or they hate it. And if they hate it, they love it even more.

Quincy

Boy is this place ever getting overran by heretics.

Excellent mwhahahaha. Welcome, hope you stick around.

Already love this place more. Thanks for all the welcome. Choleric your list and resulting commentary is quite a source of amusement, not to say I necessarily take a side either way.

Welcome, but remember I'm right, your wrong. Deal with it.

My way of testing you.

Uncontested. You are by definition infallible.

Some say you should listen to that still small voice

I know, if you guys are a bad influence God may ground me from TOL.

Did you say revelation?
Yikes.

You mean like what James and Peter and John had on the Mount of Transfiguration?

They were beaten, persecuted and murdered because they knew truth and could never forget it. They had to testify to it to their very last breath on this earth.
Are you like that?

Or like Paul, who was given a messenger of Satan to torment him because of the great and wonderful things revealed to him? Who was also beaten persecuted and killed?

Or is your revelation that you will grow old and infirm and die if you you do not leave this world sooner? Ecclesiastes 12:1-3

To whom much is given from them much is required, the Bible says.

Excellently said. Actually, reading about any of the early Christians and the price they paid is very convicting. But can I afford any other Gospel? Philippians 3:13-14.

"I don't belive that divine revelation has ceased, and emphasize the need for people to listen to the voice of God for themselves."-Caleb

Who does God like in the MLB National League East this year? What's His voice telling you?

Why should He tell me, when I don't even know what that is, don't care to, and it has nothing to do with my life or my relationship with God? The tone is similar to that of the Pharisees: mockery. "Prophesy to us, which one of us struck you." Would Jesus have answered that nonsense, and why should God answer me if I approach him with similar nonsense?