I have a question about observing God’s commands in light of New Testament scriptures

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
His view is accurate. Yes, I defend the truth of the gospel of Jesus Christ. :plain:

I know I am on this site, but do I need to submit to his view? I am a Christian and called a Ger. I study Torah and am a new covenant believer. I trust God's written word which is the TaNaKh and the New Testament Scriptures, yes the whole Bible. I believe and preach or teach the gospel.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I have studied the Bible all my life. I don't know if there is a plot.

There is a plot :plain: but they have a new issue of People magazine out. Inquiring minds want to know. :freak: 2 Ti 2:15

9.gif

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It is my belief that Paul said nothing against the Law.

Who cares what your belief is besides you? The bible says what it says, no matter what you believe. I don't even understand why people say such idiotic things! If you're going to just believe whatever you're going to believe no matter what the bible says, why bother caring what Christianity teaches? Just believe whatever the Hell you want and be done with it. Just burn you bible and call yourself something other than a Christian. It would be more honest!

Paul's whole entire ministry can be summed up in two sentences. "Salvation is by faith alone, apart from the law. If you submit yourself to the law, Christ will profit you nothing."

That isn't my opinion, that isn't my "belief", that's what the text of the bible states as plain as can be. Deny it and you'll find yourself in Hell, paying off your own eternal sin debt.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Who cares what your belief is besides you? The bible says what it says, no matter what you believe. I don't even understand why people say such idiotic things! If you're going to just believe whatever you're going to believe no matter what the bible says, why bother caring what Christianity teaches? Just believe whatever the Hell you want and be done with it. Just burn you bible and call yourself something other than a Christian. It would be more honest!

Paul's whole entire ministry can be summed up in two sentences. "Salvation is by faith alone, apart from the law. If you submit yourself to the law, Christ will profit you nothing."

That isn't my opinion, that isn't my "belief", that's what the text of the bible states as plain as can be. Deny it and you'll find yourself in Hell, paying off your own eternal sin debt.

Resting in Him,
Clete

My debt has already been paid by Jesus. The Bible is where we learn about God's Law. If you are not obedient to God's Law what are you obedient to? Do you believe new covenant believers are to be obedient to God?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I have studied the Bible all my life. I don't know if there is a plot.

And thus your confusion!

Although it isn't real confusion. That is, you're not actually asking a question that you expect an answer too that you have any intention of even entertaining seriously, never mind potentially accepting. You're a legalist and you're here to promote your legalist doctrine.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And thus your confusion!

Although it isn't real confusion. That is, you're not actually asking a question that you expect an answer too that you have any intention of even entertaining seriously, never mind potentially accepting. You're a legalist and you're here to promote your legalist doctrine.

Obeying God's commands is not legalism.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
My debt has already been paid by Jesus.
You aren't trusting Jesus' payment if your falling the law. You're establishing your own righteousness, trusting in the flesh rather than resting in the finished work that would make you righteous by divine decree if you'd simple accept it.

The Bible is where we learn about God's Law.
It is also where we lean about God's grace. The two are not synonyms.

If you are not obedient to God's Law what are you obedient to?
The law has nothing to say to me! What does the law demand of those who have been executed? NOTHING! I have been crucified in Christ! It is no longer I who live but Christ lives His life through me BY FAITH - NOT THE LAW! The law KILLS but the Spirit (capital S) gives life! To follow the law is to resurrect your flesh and Christ will profit you nothing. Christ is not at all interested in helping you live a righteous life. He is willing to live it through you, by faith. Faith in what? In the biblical facts concerning your position in Christ, if indeed you are in Him. You are righteous, in Him, and cannot be more (or less) so. You are a citizen of Heaven and have been clothed with His righteousness by faith apart from the law and seated with Him in the Heavenly places. There are many such biblical facts that we are taught exclusively by Paul. It is our belief in them that is the key to seeing righteousness lived out in our daily walk. We believe that we are righteous because God has imputed His righteousness to our account. That's the fact. It is for us to believe it and for Him to accomplish it.

Do you believe new covenant believers are to be obedient to God?
New covenant believers, as you mean the term, do not exist. Well, they exist, but not on this Earth. The New Covenant you speak of has to do with Israel, which has, for now, been cut off (Romans 9-11). God will one day turn back again to Israel but until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in (Romans 11:25).

Resting in Him,
Clete

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You aren't trusting Jesus' payment if your falling the law. You're establishing your own righteousness, trusting in the flesh rather than resting in the finished work that would make you righteous by divine decree if you'd simple accept it.

It is also where we lean about God's grace. The two are not synonyms.

The law has nothing to say to me! What does the law demand of those who have been executed? NOTHING! I have been crucified in Christ! It is no longer I who live but Christ lives His life through me BY FAITH - NOT THE LAW! The law KILLS but the Spirit (capital S) gives life! To follow the law is to resurrect your flesh and Christ will profit you nothing. Christ is not at all interested in helping you live a righteous life. He is willing to live it through you, by faith. Faith in what? In the biblical facts concerning your position in Christ, if indeed you are in Him. You are righteous, in Him, and cannot be more (or less) so. You are a citizen of Heaven and have been clothed with His righteousness by faith apart from the law and seated with Him in the Heavenly places. There are many such biblical facts that we are taught exclusively by Paul. It is our belief in them that is the key to seeing righteousness lived out in our daily walk. We believe that we are righteous because God has imputed His righteousness to our account. That's the fact. It is for us to believe it and for Him to accomplish it.

New covenant believers, as you mean the term, do not exist. Well, they exist, but not on this Earth. The New Covenant you speak of has to do with Israel, which has, for now, been cut off (Romans 9-11). God will one day turn back again to Israel but until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in (Romans 11:25).

Resting in Him,
Clete

The new covenant has already come. It came in Jesus. He saved you from the penalty and the power of sin. What commands of God do you obey in the new covenant?

Shalom.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
My relationship with God does involve obedience to God.

Well, then you're a legalist!

What's the controversy? It's not a complicated issue.

You are what you are, don't be afraid of the truth. If the shoe fits, wear it. If you don't like the shoes, change shoes, don't deny they exist.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The new covenant has already come. It came in Jesus. He saved you from the penalty and the power of sin. What commands of God do you obey in the new covenant?

Shalom.

Asked and answered.

Why do people feel like it's valid to just pretend that a point hasn't been responded to? How does simply repeating yourself accomplish anything? Is it an emotional thing or what? Does sticking your head in the sand make you feel like the world around you doesn't exist? I really don't get it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Well, then you're a legalist!

What's the controversy? It's not a complicated issue.

You are what you are, don't be afraid of the truth. If the shoe fits, wear it. If you don't like the shoes, change shoes, don't deny they exist.

I have already said obedience and legalism are different things. You are the one who brought legalism in. Sorry, but you are not going to tell me I cannot obey God or that I cannot obey my Lord.