I Am Pro-Abortion

quip

BANNED
Banned
There was a time when abortion was just plain against the law. At some point states started passing laws to allow an exception for saving the ilfe of the mother, but such exceptions were not really needed. I defy you to find me a single case where a doctor was charged for ending a pregnacy to save a woman's life.

What would ever be my motivation for such?

Apparently my point escapes you.

Since Tripe dodged the question, tell me Delmar what's the moral difference between an abortion that murders a baby and an abortion that murders the baby to save the mother's life?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What would ever be my motivation for such?

For such laws?

Apparently my point escapes you.
Guilty as charged. If you have a point it does, in fact, escape me.
Since Tripe dodged the question, tell me Delmar what's the moral difference between an abortion that murders a baby and an abortion that murders the baby to save the mother's life?
Red Herring. If a babies life can not be saved, how is it murder to save the mother?

alwight

Yes, he is.
Or she?

You're a heartless wretch.
Then you're a spineless one.
You wouldn't dare to risk your own personal salvation in any way by approving of something possibly very beneficial for many extant women just in case such support was deemed as supporting a religiously inspired definition of "murder".
The countless millions of your supposed "tiny human beings" that you accept have perished and are perishing naturally today are of no concern to you, only the very tiny few that might possibly by human intervention and your own acquiescence get you personally branded as a "murderer", and that would never do. :nono:

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Just using your own expression...I could have called your premise absurd and impractical...it's all the same rejection.

Then select a premise and explain why it's wrong. If you can't, then explain why the argument is faulty. If you can't, then you must grant the conclusion.

Where's your justification for concluding this with the individual?

A person is a certain kind of individual. "Person" is a term which denotes a substance, not an accident. It says "this thing."

A person is a member of a larger living whole, namely a culture, society or perhaps a congregation. Human societies, as well....exist as a yet smaller aspect of a larger, natural aggregation...and so on.

What constitutes a society..etc.?

So what? That's like saying that bricks are members of a larger whole, e.g., a house. Therefore, I need to know what a house is before I know what a brick is.

The moniker of "person" is not simply an abstraction, it's rather how one human individual exists (interaction) in relation to other individuals. Personage is an active, constant and contiguious relationship between sentient human individuals...it's as much what we do that defines us a persons. It's why our actions are morally germane to others; the acts of the individual are of importance to society writ large.

False. "Person" indicates a substance, i.e., "this thing of such and such a kind." It indicates a first actual reality, not a second actual reality. I.e., it indicates what something is, not what it does.

Incipient life, though replete with human DNA, simply cannot act in this capacity especially at the early stages of development.

You're confusing first and second actuality (being vs. doing).

Yes, namely my disembodied toe-nail, hair, dead skin, blood...each has copious amounts of human DNA, no less your sole qualification for personhood.

Those "things" aren't individuals.

Then your argument remains subject to that identical in-substantiality.

What?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Abortions are red herrings now?

How is it not murder...same procedure...same result!

No, your *arguments* are red herrings. As you and every other pro-abortion person knows, abortions are not done "to save the mother's lives". They are done for convenience.

In the rare instance that a pregnant women's health is compromised and medical assistance is required, the goal is NOT to just go in and kill the baby but rather to try to save both lives.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."
---- Sister Joan D. Chittister, O.S.B

quip

BANNED
Banned
No, your *arguments* are red herrings. As you and every other pro-abortion person knows, abortions are not done "to save the mother's lives". They are done for convenience.

Well, like I said before....abortion, in an effort to save one's life, remains the ultimate in convenience. :idunno:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, like I said before....abortion, in an effort to save one's life,

It's interesting that pro-abortion advocates find it necessary to fall back on the "save one's life" argument.

IF one truly believes that abortion is not the intentional ending of a human life, they wouldn't need the qualifier.

Letsargue

"An embryo has no rights. Rights do not pertain to a potential, only to an actual being. A child cannot acquire any rights until it is born. The living take precedence over the not-yet-living (or the unborn). Abortion is a moral right — which should be left to the sole discretion of the woman involved; morally, nothing other than her wish in the matter is to be considered. Who can conceivably have the right to dictate to her what disposition she is to make of the functions of her own body?"
-Ayn Rand

I Am Pro Abortion: 10 Reasons Why We Must Support the Procedure and the Choice

Luke 1:41-42 KJV -- 41- "And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, (((( the Babe Leaped in Her WOMB )))); and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: 42- And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, (((( Blessed art thou "AMONG" women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy Womb ))))!! --//------

"Y-E-S"!!! -- ALL You Anti-Christ and Anti-Americans DO agree to the MURDER of Unborn Children!!

Mary had the RIGHT TO Kill Jesus before He was BORN according to ALL you "Fatherless Children of a Whore" (( FOOLS ))!!!! --- (( Hebrews 12:8 KJV ))!!

Paul Megnin -- 080215

bybee

Luke 1:41-42 KJV -- 41- "And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, (((( the Babe Leaped in Her WOMB )))); and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: 42- And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, (((( Blessed art thou "AMONG" women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy Womb ))))!! --//------

"Y-E-S"!!! -- ALL You Anti-Christ and Anti-Americans DO agree to the MURDER of Unborn Children!!

Mary had the RIGHT TO Kill Jesus before He was BORN according to ALL you "Fatherless Children of a Whore" (( FOOLS ))!!!! --- (( Hebrews 12:8 KJV ))!!

Paul Megnin -- 080215

Yup! He conveniently avoids the fact that the unborn child is alive and if we are to have equality before the law then the unborn child deserves all the protections that every other citizen enjoys.

Letsargue

Yup! He conveniently avoids the fact that the unborn child is alive and if we are to have equality before the law then the unborn child deserves all the protections that every other citizen enjoys.

N-O-O-O!! Let the Geniuses of Your Age KILL Jesus "IN" THEIR Minds, as They already Have!!! - H-A-A-A -- Jesus can't be slain any longer by those Fools, because "THEY" ARE DEAD!!!

Paul Megnin -- 080215

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned
It's interesting that pro-abortion advocates find it necessary to fall back on the "save one's life" argument.

IF one truly believes that abortion is not the intentional ending of a human life, they wouldn't need the qualifier.

That's primarily because it opportunely reveals the pragmatic nuances of abortion while exposing the impracticalities inherent within the unqualifed and intentionally broad "human life" pronouncments such as yours above.

Nature itself (that otherwise fashionable conservative appeal.) forces the lifer to choose between one or the other .....justly concluding that the "mewling baby" imagery (appeal to emotion) gets aborted along with the fetus .....the vast majority of the time.

Last edited: