I am a stupid expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty. (1 Corinthians 1:26-27)​

Mark SeaSigh

BANNED
Banned
Eeset said:
I am a stupid-expert.
According to Tambora in another thread I am intent on being stupid or something to that effect. I agree.

Hehehehe.

: D

I happen to be "Experienced", Myself.

=M=

bybee

According to Tambora in another thread I am intent on being stupid or something to that effect. I agree.

You see I marvel at the intellect, knowledge, sophistication and sheer brilliance of everyone I come into contact with. I am humbled by the insights, wisdom and analytic abilities of those who flock to TOL to educate me. I am truly unworthy of their graciousness.

I am but a simple sinner. Many times over. My path is not yours nor can it ever be. And yet not withstanding the different roads traveled our destinies are identical. And when I reach home the words on the mantle engraved in gold inlaid in alabaster will say "neither do I condemn thee". And below the hearth will be a small unassuming clutch embroidered with the words "everything a stupid expert needs to know". It will, of course, be empty.

Obviously Eeset, you are not stupid. No doubt you are above average in intelligence.
Whenever you post from a position of confidence you make good posts.
Too often you post from a position of defensiveness and then, sometimes, your posts are problematic for me.
You use sly cleverness as though butter wouldn't melt in your mouth and it just doesn't fly.
I love good old fashioned umbrage that states its case and lets the chips fall where they may.
I do not care for sly.
I want to like you and sometimes I do.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You see I marvel at the intellect, knowledge, sophistication and sheer brilliance of everyone I come into contact with. I am humbled by the insights, wisdom and analytic abilities of those who flock to TOL to educate me. I am truly unworthy of their graciousness.

Proverbs 12

23 A prudent man conceals knowledge, But the heart of fools proclaims foolishness.

PureX

How do you know when it is genuine conflict or just for "conflict sake"?
I have a friend of many years who has a lot of trouble with that. He has a mind that automatically looks for the conflicting position on any subject or observation. On the one hand, it makes him brilliant. But on the other hand it makes him very annoying and difficult to converse with. But then I think it's like that with everything outstanding. The greater the asset the greater the liability. They tend to come as a set.

Status
Not open for further replies.