Hypothetical Invasion

Greywolf

truthman said:
No, because they wouldn't be operating under a righteous government of a country, just their own version of anarchy.

But if the army's blessing is still contingent upon them doing "Godly thing", isn't the "righteous government" just acting as a conduit between God and the army? What's the point of the middleman?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
So BillyBob, while you wouldn't support the Justicerians, do you think their invasion is justifiable?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Lucky said:
So BillyBob, while you wouldn't support the Justicerians, do you think their invasion is justifiable?

I think that all invasions can be justified.

I'm sure Saddam Hussein had his own justifications for invading Kuwait.

I'm sure Napoleon was justified when he invaded Egypt and Russia.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Lucky said:
Suppose the hypothetical country of Justiceria went to war with the U.S. simply to put an end to the American Holocaust of unborn babies. Would you support Justiceria's invasion?
No, hypothetically, of course.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
It would be very hard to root against my own country. But if Justiceria succeeded, and the killing of the unborn was outlawed, I would like to be remembered as one who was willing to take the risk to put God before country.

Sozo

If I was "hypothetically" the President, and I knew of Justiceria's pending invasion, I would send their leader an email telling him that he has the full support of our US armed forces, and a complete list of the homes and offices of all of the liberal lawmakers, politicians, death clinics, etc.

I see very little difference between the American government and Iraq, other than currently our Sadaam is a senator from Massachusetts and not President. We have the same enemy within.

On a related side note... If Bush really wanted to spread democracy, he'd start at home.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
If I was "hypothetically" the President, and I knew of Justiceria's pending invasion, I would send their leader an email telling him that he has the full support of our US armed forces, and a complete list of the homes and offices of all of the liberal lawmakers, politicians, death clinics, etc.
:chuckle: :thumb:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Lucky said:
Suppose the hypothetical country of Justiceria went to war with the U.S. simply to put an end to the American Holocaust of unborn babies. Would you support Justiceria's invasion?

Nope.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
Would they start by petitioning the UN or skip it and start by bombing abortion clinics and capturing abortion doctors and staff?
Now that's terrorism. They wouldn't be any better than the Islamic terrorists that are hated so much....

kmoney

Hall of Fame
truthman said:
Freak, this has nothing to do with personal activism. This has everything to do with another righteous government using the sword of Romans 13 against us. I would stand with them.

However, if it were the Army of God (violent pro-lifers) I would not stand with them.
What makes a government righteous?

Sozo

kmoney said:
Now that's terrorism. They wouldn't be any better than the Islamic terrorists that are hated so much....
How do you figure? What makes the abortionists, and those who support them, any different than the Nazis of Germany?

The problem is... the killers and death camps in this country have the protection of lazy, apathetic, peer-pressured wimps (or lying politicians disguised as conservatives).

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Lucky said:
It would be very hard to root against my own country. But if Justiceria succeeded, and the killing of the unborn was outlawed, I would like to be remembered as one who was willing to take the risk to put God before country.

What if the inhabitants of Justiceria were Muslim and not Christian?

What if they succeed in ending abortion but set up an Islamic theocracy?

Or worse, what if they are Catholic? :shocked:

Adam

Hall of Fame
That's exactly what I was going to say Sozo, thanks!

You're right, a government is a tool. And that tool can be used by God or by man.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
truthman said:
That's exactly what I was going to say Sozo, thanks!

You're right, a government is a tool. And that tool can be used by God or by man.
You're post said "righteous government", that's why I asked...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Sozo said:
How do you figure? What makes the abortionists, and those who support them, any different than the Nazis of Germany?

The problem is... the killers and death camps in this country have the protection of lazy, apathetic, peer-pressured wimps (or lying politicians disguised as conservatives).
It doesn't matter if who they are killing. If people came over here and began to muder civilians, in this case abortionists, to achieve their goal it would be terrorism. How do you define terrorism? You fight armies in wars, not civilians.