Hurting People On TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timotheos

Should one, while posting on tol, be sensitive to the emotional fragility of others and post in such a manner as to be sensitive to their feelings?

and no, i'm not talking about deliberately picking at a sore spot, like a disability or loss in the other poster's past

i'm talking about the normal type of discourse that has been happening on tol for the past fourteen years, where those with bizarre beliefs and behaviors, resistant to gentle language and persuasion, persist in their nonsense

iow, is truthsmacking passe?
A person is not a "retard" simply because you disagree with them.

You need to learn to say, "I believe you are wrong for the following reasons", and then give your evidence. You've called me a retard at least 2 dozen times, with no evidence at all. I have a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin, and an IQ over 140. I am not retarded. Yet you persist in your nonsense.

You need to change your ways.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
A person is not a "retard" simply because you disagree with them.

You need to learn to say, "I believe you are wrong for the following reasons", and then give your evidence. You've called me a retard at least 2 dozen times, with no evidence at all. I have a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin, and an IQ over 140. I am not retarded. Yet you persist in your nonsense.

You need to change your ways.

your behavior in your goofy annihilationism thread indicates that you struggle with some mental issues

absent a fuller understanding of your psychopathology, it was easiest to just call you retarded :idunno:

but ok - next time i'll post:

I believe you are wrong for the following reasons:
Spoiler
1. you are retarded
2. you are a retard
3. you are too retarded to know you're a retard
4. you are so retarded you could earn a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin
5. you are retarded enough to be the poster child for higher education from alabama

(and not for nothing, but most intelligent people can see the retardedness manifest in making claims about one's iq on an anonymous discussion board :chuckle: )

Last edited:

TracerBullet

i'm talking about the normal type of discourse that has been happening on tol for the past fourteen years, where those with bizarre beliefs and behaviors, resistant to gentle language and persuasion, persist in their nonsense

so you are upset that there are people here being insensitive to you

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
traci hears "those with bizarre beliefs and behaviors, resistant to gentle language and persuasion, persist(ing) in their nonsense" and, thinking i'm calling her, comes bounding up with her tongue hanging out
so you are upset that there are people here being insensitive to you

good girl!

have a biscuit!

:)

Last edited:

Letsargue

Should one, while posting on tol, be sensitive to the emotional fragility of others and post in such a manner as to be sensitive to their feelings?

and no, i'm not talking about deliberately picking at a sore spot, like a disability or loss in the other poster's past

Jesus Had a (( "BIZARRE" )) Belief, and Was Slaughtered for His!! - SOOO, Who "Must" have been Wrong????? -- Jesus, - OF Course!! By that LAW!!!!!

Paul, David -- 090214

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Now I believe this, I think not many will agree with me.

Truth, even the simplest most plain truths of scripture, cannot be understood by the human mind. It is as though it is a foreign language even when it is English.

In order for anyone to understand a truth of scripture God the Holy Spirit has to come and open the eyes and ears of our understanding and our hearts to receive it.

If this WERE true, would it not make us a little more patient? There is one kind of person outside this scope...it is the person who KNOWS FOR SURE and yet their doctrine is wrong for all to see. [I know, I know, mebbe I am that person]

musterion

Truth, even the simplest most plain truths of scripture, cannot be understood by the human mind. It is as though it is a foreign language even when it is English. In order for anyone to understand a truth of scripture God the Holy Spirit has to come and open the eyes and ears of our understanding and our hearts to receive it.

Where's the Bible say this?

God has communicated with many lost people throughout Scripture with the expectation they'd hear and understand Him...Adam, Eve, Cain, Saul, many others...all of them people whom the Word gives no indication were in any way enlightened or empowered by God to hear and understand Him when they otherwise couldn't. Ditto unbelievers today -- it appears God expects them to understand and believe the Gospel when they hear it and they're condemned if they do not. No indication, again, of God needing to enable them to hear and understand it first (much less to believe it).

If this WERE true, would it not make us a little more patient?
Sure it would, if that were the case. But that's not the case. I feel very sorry for Meshak but have no illusions that she's a helpless victim here. SHE is the primary cause of the blinded condition she is is, by having refused to receive a love of the Truth, even after having it shared with her dozens of times (and that's just here on TOL...who knows what exposure to the Gospel she has in meatspace).

There is one kind of person outside this scope...it is the person who KNOWS FOR SURE and yet their doctrine is wrong for all to see. [I know, I know, mebbe I am that person]
If that were true, you wouldn't have phrased this as cautiously and thoughtfully as you did. ;)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

God has communicated with many lost people throughout Scripture...people whom the Word gives no indication were in any way enlightened or empowered by God to hear and understand Him.

In order for anyone to understand a truth of scripture God the Holy Spirit has to come and open the eyes and ears of our understanding and our hearts to receive it. Ditto unbelievers -- it appears God expects them to believe the Gospel when they hear it and they're condemned if they do not. No indication, again, of God enabling them to hear and understand it (much less to believe it).

Sure it would, if that were the case. But that's not the case. I feel very sorry for Meshak but have no illusions that she's a helpless victim here. SHE is the primary cause of the blinded condition she is is, by having refused to receive a love of the Truth.

If that were true, you wouldn't have phrased this as cautiously and thoughtfully as you did. ;)

Good post!

Letsargue

God has communicated with many lost people throughout Scripture with the expectation they'd hear and understand Him...Adam, Eve, Cain, Saul, many others...all of them people whom the Word gives no indication were in any way enlightened or empowered by God to hear and understand Him when they otherwise couldn't. Ditto unbelievers today -- it appears God expects them to understand and believe the Gospel when they hear it and they're condemned if they do not. No indication, again, of God needing to enable them to hear and understand it first (much less to believe it).

Sure it would, if that were the case. But that's not the case. I feel very sorry for Meshak but have no illusions that she's a helpless victim here. SHE is the primary cause of the blinded condition she is is, by having refused to receive a love of the Truth, even after having it shared with her dozens of times (and that's just here on TOL...who knows what exposure to the Gospel she has in meatspace).

GOD Has NEVER Said the First Word TO a Lost Person Himself, but through a Minister!!!! -- Plus, - No Lost person has Ever Heard or Seen ANY Thing God has said without a Minister!!!! -- Prove IT!!!!

The Heavens Declare God's Glory!! - Have You Ever Heard it?? - Now Don't LIE Christian!!!!

Paul, David -- 090214

musterion

GOD Has NEVER Said the First Word TO a Lost Person Himself, but through a Minister!!!! -- Plus, - No Lost person has Ever Heard or Seen ANY Thing God has said without a Minister!!!! -- Prove IT!!!!

The Heavens Declare God's Glory!! - Have You Ever Heard it?? - Now Don't LIE Christian!!!!

Paul, David -- 090214

Are you a troll or a fool? Either way, you're wrong.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Those who were lucky enough to develop healthy boundaries are naturally going to be very aware and upfront about their emotions. And they are also going to be able to be true and accountable to those boundaries.

If something someone else does hurts or bothers them, they are able to speak up for themselves and let the other person know what is going on.

Most of us gladly change our behavior when we are informed that behavior is cruel or inappropriate to others. But, alas, too many of us are still haunted by our childhood and early family dynamics.

Since our parents were sometimes hurtful or disrespectful or unfair to us, we unwittingly act the same way towards others in our lives, passing the toxins on....

There are a lot of our fellow humans who have never learned to either give criticism or take criticism without hurting others or feeling hurt themselves.

Grace is freely offered to and available to all but we have to learn how to receive it.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Since our parents were sometimes hurtful or disrespectful or unfair to us, we unwittingly act the same way towards others in our lives, passing the toxins on....
That is sad. My parents were never hurtful or disrespectful or unfair to their children.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
That is sad. My parents were never hurtful or disrespectful or unfair to their children.

If they were human beings, the word "never" in your comment needs to be removed.

I have actually known adults who were beaten and verbally attacked by their parents who still maintain "I had it coming" or "I deserved it."

Believe it or not!

Timotheos

your behavior in your goofy annihilationism thread indicates that you struggle with some mental issues

absent a fuller understanding of your psychopathology, it was easiest to just call you retarded :idunno:

but ok - next time i'll post:

(and not for nothing, but most intelligent people can see the retardedness manifest in making claims about one's iq on an anonymous discussion board :chuckle: )

I was merely offering evidence showing that your claim that I am retarded is false. Take it or leave it. I know that you cannot understand the evidence for annihilationism, so you think that annihilationism is goofy. That seems to be more about you than me.

Resurrected said:
you are so retarded you could earn a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin
This is a very ignorant statement.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
it'd be cooler if they were giraffes :)

giraffe.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.