How to tell if you're a Marxist

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Indeed. Perhaps it is.

I'm glad to see that you're a fan of Old GM. I see you have a penchant for 'searching out' old and new comments of mine and pasting them up out of context. You MUST be proud of the time and energy it took you to create this compilation of some of my finer moments on TOL. Are you planning future projects of this nature? Believe it or not, I find it rather interesting and informative. My compliments.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
As I've mentioned before, I really think it's rather pleasant to see that TH has a couple of 'sidekicks' (Wiz and AB) that watch his back and have taken on the responsibility of protecting his image and best interests here on TOL. We all could use a 'lackey or two' to take on such responsibilities.

WizardofOz

I'm glad to see that you're a fan of Old GM.

You'll always be your own #1 fan

I see you have a penchant for 'searching out' old and new comments of mine and pasting them up out of context. You MUST be proud of the time and energy it took you to create this compilation of some of my finer moments on TOL.

It took all of five minutes. This must be about the same amount of time it takes to pull you away from a mirror every time you pass one.

Are you planning future projects of this nature? Believe it or not, I find it rather interesting and informative. My compliments.

Of course you do. Anyone who likes to listen to themselves talk would just be tickled by the attention. Well, any attention really.

As I've mentioned before, I really think it's rather pleasant to see that TH has a couple of 'sidekicks' (Wiz and AB) that watch his back and have taken on the responsibility of protecting his image and best interests here on TOL.

How am I watching TH's back or protecting his image and best interests?

Do explain...:think:

We all could use a 'lackey or two' to take on such responsibilities.

Lackey? :nono:

I'm a Brewers fan.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
You'll always be your own #1 fan.......

and you'll always be number two... .....not a fan, just plain number two.

7689911.jpg

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You'll always be your own #1 fan

It took all of five minutes. This must be about the same amount of time it takes to pull you away from a mirror every time you pass one.

Of course you do. Anyone who likes to listen to themselves talk would just be tickled by the attention. Well, any attention really.

How am I watching TH's back or protecting his image and best interests?

Do explain...:think:

Lackey? :nono:

I'm a Brewers fan.[/QUOTE]

Oh, by the way, your sports joke fell flat. Actually, it was way too obvious and kind of stale/overused. I'm sorry it was me that had to deliver the news to you.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Wiz, I'll give you a little tip; If you have to put a lot of thought into slights, sarcastic remarks, so-called witty statements, and so on, you obviously don't have a knack for them in the first place. If they don't flow naturally and without a lot of forethought, it's best to leave those kinds of remarks to those who have the talent for them. Just a little friendly advise.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And then you, CC and GM will make a fad out of thinking about it. :plain: :eek:

Like having your table manners critiqued by a pig.

On the plus side of things, it's good to know I give you three something to think about. :plain:

Well, here's how it is with Old GM. I have a natural flow when it comes to posting a comment, statement, opinion, witty reply, etc. You, might say, (Well maybe not you?) I work off what others say and go from there. My imagination and natural flair for Wit, sarcasm, and hyperbole do not require a huge amount of forethought or preparation. That's one of the advantages I have over posters such as yourself and your ilk.

Unfortunately, TH, you require a fan-base that automatically 'assumes' that whatever you say just has to be brilliant, amazingly Witty, profound, a thing of pure unmitigated genius, and something that has never been uttered in the history of mankind.

I've known you for many years now and I have not understood/comprehended most of your attempts at 'Wit,' sarcasm, hyperbole, and dry sense of humor.

I'm being quite honest here. This is coming from someone who has spent most of their life making others giggle, laugh out loud, smile, etc. I'm well aware of the many Intricacies involved in the area of humor and Wit. Wit/humor are comprised of many different forms of delivery. From slapstick (The Three Stooges, Charlie Chaplin) on up to satire, etc.

Your particular brand of humor relies heavily on mild sarcasm, and an already accepting audience. Yours is also an acquired taste. I realize that humor/Wit is totally and irrefutably, subjective. In conclusion, no humor is known to be universally accepted. There's room for all forms of Wit and humor. That's a good thing, right?

Last edited:

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
[/I][/B]
Well, here's how it is with Old GM. I have a natural flow when it comes to posting a comment, statement, opinion, witty reply, etc. You, might say, (Well maybe not you?) I work off what others say and go from there. My imagination and natural flair for Wit, sarcasm, and hyperbole do not require a huge amount of forethought or preparation. That's one of the advantages I have over posters such as yourself and your ilk.

Thats the really sad pathetic thing about TH. For you, you come in at your leisure and post. For me I pop off when I am in a mood. But for TH, this is his life. He's like a cat lady, and TOL are his cats, He has his own little section, like a tiny cat-lady house, his small band of idiots that pur when he posts, like cats.

Who the hell religiously posts in an internet forum. I just insult idiots because its fun and then I move on. You have your style of occasional posting. But this loser, this is all he has. Anybody with a life would not have time for this the way he does it. Right now I am squeezing this post in at work between tasks just because I wanted to clown the arse. LOL

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Thats the really sad pathetic thing about TH. For you, you come in at your leisure and post. For me I pop off when I am in a mood. But for TH, this is his life. He's like a cat lady, and TOL are his cats, He has his own little section, like a tiny cat-lady house, his small band of idiots that pur when he posts, like cats.

Who the hell religiously posts in an internet forum. I just insult idiots because its fun and then I move on. You have your style of occasional posting. But this loser, this is all he has. Anybody with a life would not have time for this the way he does it. Right now I am squeezing this post in at work between tasks just because I wanted to clown the arse. LOL

You've made a great point here. You might just have TH pegged to one degree or another.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Thats the really sad pathetic thing about TH. For you, you come in at your leisure and post. For me I pop off when I am in a mood. But for TH, this is his life. Who the hell religiously posts in an internet forum.
Well, let's see.

If you quick search to find my last 100 posts it takes you to March 10th, nearly two months ago (prior to this post).

If you quick search to find the last 100 posts of GM it takes you to May 11th, or three days ago (as of this posting).

If you quick search to find the last 100 posts of you, CC, it takes you to yesterday at 2:15 in the afternoon (as of this posting).

Because it's just that easy to demonstrate the cognitive disconnect between what you want to be true and what actually is true.

Now make it funnier.

Anybody with a life would not have time for this the way he does it.
That'll do. That'll do. :e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Right? LOL
Well, no. Again:

If you quick search to find my last 100 posts it takes you to March 10th, nearly two months ago (prior to this post).

If you quick search to find the last 100 posts of GM it takes you to May 11th, or three days ago (as of this posting).

If you quick search to find the last 100 posts of you, CC, it takes you to yesterday at 2:15 in the afternoon (as of this posting).

Because it's just that easy to demonstrate the cognitive disconnect between what you want to be true and what actually is true.

Danoh

I will no longer be communicating with you. I placed Danoh on 'Permanent ignore' about two years ago. He was the ONLY poster I've ever placed on ignore and never again looked at anything he had to say. I'm now placing you on that same 'ignore list' and will not read anything you ever have to say, again. Hopefully, I'll never feel the need to do that again to any other poster? :wave: I ask you not to PM me, as well.

The poor guy sure brings me up a lot.

"Don't think of Danoh! Don't think of Danoh! Dammit, I swore I would not think of Danoh!"

Ranks right up there with that of one of his false idol's - Nixon's "I'm not a crook!"

:rotfl:

glorydaz

I have to be honest. There's not a day that goes by when I don't take a moment and laugh out loud at Town Heretic, Arthur Brain, and the Wiz of Ooze. I mean a good old fashioned belly-laugh with tears flowing down my cheeks. And, the funny thing is, I'm not laughing with them, I'm laughing at them. :rotfl: :think:

Ah, you have a great sense of humor. I merely chuckle and roll my eyes. ;)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Being able to laugh is not a limitation....it's a strength.
No, being able to laugh at something funny or at yourself is a strength.

What you're doing is something else.

And there is not a thing wrong with my imagination, either.
Which would be the opposite of what I actually implied. It mostly helps if you understand something before you complain about it.

Do you never cease from your childish nitpicking?
I'd tell you why that's funny, but it's funnier if I don't.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Being able to laugh is not a limitation....it's a strength. And there is not a thing wrong with my imagination, either. Do you never cease from your childish nitpicking? :rolleyes:

TH believes he's astonishingly brilliant. And, I suppose that satisfies his fragile ego in some respect. His followers do their best to keep his self-delusion intact.