How the Gospel Interprets the Bible

God's Truth

To live according to the law is to be under the law, just like the Pharisees.
You should worry because you are like the Pharisees, they didn't repent either.

The law cannot justify, nor can it redeem. The purpose of the law is to judge and condemn.

The Law was and is for more than that.

This is why Paul said to be under the law is a curse, Galatians 3:10.

No one can be under the old law anymore. There is no temple, there are not priests, there are no animals to be sacrificed.

If you want to be saved you will have to be found "In Christ" To be found in Christ means that you are trusting in his righteousness and in his atonement for your sins.

No kidding, Pate.

It is an abandonment of your works and your obedience and a trust and rest in Christ works and his obedience, Hebrews 4:10.

No such thing. That is a teaching Satan likes to here you say.

God's Truth

No one gets that grace, that mercy, that forgiveness, unless you BELIEVE the one who purchased that grace, that mercy, that forgiveness in your stead.

Your obedience TO BE SAVED is like filthy rags.

No, it is never ever filthy to obey God. That is beyond perverse.

It is only filthy to give a blood offering if you are not really sorry.

God's Truth

The "Law of the Spirit" is the Gospel. In the Gospel we are perfect and complete in Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10 also Hebrews 2:10.

The comforter is the Holy Spirit who is the Christians guide and teacher, John 16:13.

Christians are no longer subject to the law because it has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15.

Don't be afraid to obey, Pate. It is awesome trusting Jesus and doing what he says.

Robert Pate

Banned
Don't be afraid to obey, Pate. It is awesome trusting Jesus and doing what he says.

You are in the same boat as the Pharisees.

The purpose of the law is to judge and condemn. You are under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

The call is to live by the Spirit, not the law.

popsthebuilder

The purpose of the law is to judge and condemn. You are under the curse, Galatians 3:10.

Judge and condemn that one might turn from what they know to be wrong by the Law they are convicted of within their heart.

We shouldn't count ourselves as dead and unable to stir or indeed turn wholly around.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

The Law is the Spirit.

You merely copy/pasting your answers without thinking is something all how can see can see.

Robert Pate

Banned
The Law is the Spirit.

You merely copy/pasting your answers without thinking is something all how can see can see.

Nowhere in the New Testament does it say that the law is the Spirit.

What it does say is, "The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit gives life" 2 Corinthians 3:6.

lifeisgood

Have you corrected Gurucam?

I am not the one who complained about his/her posts being lengthy. It takes a while to read one post and digest all that is being said to be able to respond.

How in Hell can you correct him without saying to obey Jesus and repent of sins?

Don't want to take your job from you for you need an awful lot of obedience to present so that your obedience can give the Lord the power to save you. :idunno:

popsthebuilder

Please explain what you mean by that.
Focus on the letter of the written law of Moses will only ever convict one and lead to death. They where only a foreshadow of the Truth; they resembled the righteousness of GOD and indeed was, as it is towards man, but man saw it only through a veil. The pharasees and seduccees (excuse spelling please) both denied the spirit of life and relied on literal interpretation of the Word and Fire and Spirit of GOD.

I want to study more about the essenes.....I don't believe they where ever rebuked by Christ according to scripture.

I will gladly attempt to explain further upon further questioning.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

I am not the one who complained about his/her posts being lengthy. It takes a while to read one post and digest all that is being said to be able to respond.

Don't want to take your job from you for you need an awful lot of obedience to present so that your obedience can give the Lord the power to save you. :idunno:

I proved to you that one must repent to have the truth.

God's Truth

Nowhere in the New Testament does it say that the law is the Spirit.

What it does say is, "The letter (law) kills, but the Spirit gives life" 2 Corinthians 3:6.

Romans 7:14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.

Hebrews 10:16 "This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."

Robert Pate

Banned
Romans 7:14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin.

Hebrews 10:16 "This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."

The scripture also says, "For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness and their sins and iniquities will I remember no more" Hebrews 8:12.

Why are you so preoccupied with you holiness? I think that you need to enter into HIS rest, Hebrews 4:10.