ECT How is Paul's message different?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
The day of refreshing came to all who believed and spread the word of the Gospel. RD is reliable about almost nothing.

The anapsuxis will come with the manifest presence of the Lord Jesus at His second coming and the apokatastasis of all things, the time in which the rest of what the prophets spoke will be completed:

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
Act 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
Act 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The day of refreshing came to all who believed and spread the word of the Gospel.

When? Can you show Israelies living under his rule from his throne and keeping his statutes? Last I checked there is an islamic mosque sitting on David's throne. It isn't a coincidence they built it on that spot. The devil certainly knew where to build it.

lifeisgood

There were TWELVE apostle for the TWELVE tribes. Why do you single out Peter as ignorant? It is those that think that Peter was ignorant that are ignorant.

The only one calling Peter ignorant is you and you can take that to the bank.

Prove that from the scripture. You're steeped in "Churchianity" and not Bible Christianity.

Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary, THE good news of God.

THE good news was first preached in Genesis 3:15 and ends in Revelation 22:21 and you can also take that to the bank.

Right Divider

Body part
The only one calling Peter ignorant is you and you can take that to the bank.
You said that Peter needed to "be hit in the head".

Please show the post that indicated that I called Peter ignorant, or retract this false claim.

Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary, THE good news of God.
Once AGAIN, there are MANY gospels in the Bible. The is a significant difference between the "gospel of the kingdom" and the "gospel of the grace of God". If you can't see that, it's your problem.

THE good news was first preached in Genesis 3:15 and ends in Revelation 22:21 and you can also take that to the bank.
You're just so into your "Churchianity" that you can't even see straight.

You remind me of a Bible "teacher" that I heard on the radio a while back. He said that we need to show people, and I quote exactly what he said:, "the good news of the gospel".

Please start a thread to explain how the twelve apostles could preach the gospel of the kingdom for ~3 years and not know or understand that Jesus was to die and rise again.
Luk 18:31-34 KJV Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. (32) For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: (33) And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. (34) And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.
The Bible has lots details that you should read and understand.

lifeisgood

As Brother Swaggart says, 'the devil can close doors, and shut windows, but they cannot build a roof over their heads.'

The Gospel of Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary is beaming from Israel proper and some are being saved by His glorious mercy and grace.

May we who call ourselves Believers, pray for the peace of Jerusalem, for Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and the same today, and the same forever.

lifeisgood

You said that Peter needed to "be hit in the head".

Absolutely yes. Not once but three times on the same day.

YEARS BEFORE the vision, which by the way, had to be repeated THREE TIMES, the Lord had told Peter and the rest to GO AND PREACH TO EVERY NATION starting from where Peter and the rest of the Disciples were. Did they? No. Did Peter? No.

So, yes, the Lord had to 'hit Peter on the head' remember, Peter, do you love me? :think: Interesting also 'hit on the head' THREE TIMES on the same day.

Get a grip, Right Divider.

Right Divider

Body part
As Brother Swaggart says, 'the devil can close doors, and shut windows, but they cannot build a roof over their heads.'

The Gospel of Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary is beaming from Israel proper and some are being saved by His glorious mercy and grace.

May we who call ourselves Believers, pray for the peace of Jerusalem, for Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and the same today, and the same forever.
1) If you talking about Jimmy, I can see why you're such a complete mess.
2) I can see that you don't actually care what the details in the Bible are and would rather just believe whatever you want to believe.
3) This is very typical of most of "Christendom" these days.

lifeisgood

Please show the post that indicated that I called Peter ignorant, or retract this false claim.

Get a grip Right Divider, or I will demand that you retract your false claim that I was calling Peter ignorant, which I didn't.

Once AGAIN, there are MANY gospels in the Bible. The is a significant difference between the "gospel of the kingdom" and the "gospel of the grace of God". If you can't see that, it's your problem.

Well, yes, many gospels, but only one THE good news. BIBLE 101.

You're just so into your "Churchianity" that you can't even see straight.

You remind me of a Bible "teacher" that I heard on the radio a while back. He said that we need to show people, and I quote exactly what he said:, "the good news of the gospel".

That would be the problem of your teacher, not mine.

Please start a thread to explain how the twelve apostles could preach the gospel of the kingdom for ~3 years and not know or understand that Jesus was to die and rise again.
Luk 18:31-34 KJV Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. (32) For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: (33) And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. (34) And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

If you want to start a thread on such a subject, please go ahead.

lifeisgood

1) If you talking about Jimmy, I can see why you're such a complete mess.
2) I can see that you don't actually care what the details in the Bible are and would rather just believe whatever you want to believe.
3) This is very typical of most of "Christendom" these days.

Wow are you one of those Christians that attend a building? It shows, Right Divider.

Thank you for letting me know what kind of Christian you are.

The kind that leaves behind their wounded brothers and sisters on the battlefield, because they are imperfect and Right Divider is perfect. Way to go!

Right Divider

Body part
Wow are you one of those Christians that attend a building? It shows, Right Divider.

Thank you for letting me know what kind of Christian you are.

The kind that leaves behind their wounded brothers and sisters on the battlefield, because they are imperfect and Right Divider is perfect. Way to go!
Nonsense LG.

Don't you have the ability to discuss Bible doctrine without turning into some poor, hurt little cry-baby?

I follow Paul as he follows Christ, and Paul was not afraid to discuss these things and call out those that oppose sound doctrine.

Why did you so quickly switch from dialog to monologue?

lifeisgood

Nonsense LG.

Don't you have the ability to discuss Bible doctrine without turning into some poor, hurt little cry-baby?

I follow Paul as he follows Christ, and Paul was not afraid to discuss these things and call out those that oppose sound doctrine.

Why did you so quickly switch from dialog to monologue?

Grow up Right Divider.

If you followed Paul as Paul followed Christ you would never say anything disparaging about a brother or sister in Christ who was caught in a fault, even the worst of them. Paul would have been the first one to extend his hand to the fallen brother or sister and explain to him/her the why they fell and bring them back to Jesus Christ and what Christ did at the Cross of Calvary. Talk about compassion. You can see the perfection of Christ in Paul.

You, Right Divider, don't even come close to the dust left by Paul's feet following Christ. Not even close to the dust.

I wonder if you would have the guts to stand up to the whole world and admit you are not perfect when you are in the pinnacle and flying high and doing hidden wrong things and people not knowing how much you cry to the Lord that you do not want to do and you continue to do them anyway, just like Paul, just in case you have forgotten.

Praise God for Paul's wrong doing and he being given the revelation of how to stop doing the wrong doing he was doing AS A CHRISTIAN.

I wonder what you would do to Ted Haggard, you so compassionate righteous pharisee.

I have personally seen a church be totally destroyed because of righteous pharisees like you. I would much rather be counted with the publicans.

And you can take this whatever way you want.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Matthew 10:23 (KJV)
This is why.

Peter and the other disciples, which btw were more than 12, were afraid out of their minds. Even when seeing the Lord and the Lord commanding them, they stayed in Jerusalem, until the Lord had no other alternative but to produce the diaspora.

At least that is the way I see it.
After seeing my Lord scourged, spit on, crucified, even though after seeing Him, unless He did something with me to change my mind, I would have been petrified myself, as I would have been in total shock after being with Him for approximately 3 years and now, I would have to move my right foot and then my left all on my own and my whole being saying, 'It can't be.' 'It can't be.'

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Peter and the other disciples, which btw were more than 12, were afraid out of their minds. Even when seeing the Lord and the Lord commanding them, they stayed in Jerusalem, until the Lord had no other alternative but to produce the diaspora.

At least that is the way I see it.
After seeing my Lord scourged, spit on, crucified, even though after seeing Him, unless He did something with me to change my mind, I would have been petrified myself, as I would have been in total shock after being with Him for approximately 3 years and now, I would have to move my right foot and then my left all on my own and my whole being saying, 'It can be.' 'It can be.'

What do you think of Matthew 10:23 (KJV)?

lifeisgood

They had in their minds all worked a plan of God, which was TOTALLY CONTRARY to the word of God, in other words, they wanted their own way and not the Lord’s.

Peter. ‘Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.’ Translation: No way, Lord, you’re not going to the Cross of Calvary, you’re supposed to sit on the throne of David as the King of Israel so that we can get rid of this Roman subjugation. Jesus’ response? To PETER’s face, “Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.”

James and John, "Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?" Translation: No way, Lord, you’re not going to the Cross of Calvary, you’re supposed to sit on the throne of David as the King of Israel so that we can get rid of this Roman subjugation. Jesus’ response? I can see Jesus responding to them, exactly as He did with Peter, “Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.”

ALL the Disciples (which by the way were more than 12) wanted their king right now sitting on the throne of David right now so that they wouldn’t have to be under the yoke of Roman subjugation, and what did Jesus said to ALL of them “Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.” Because I, Jesus, came to die on the Cross of Calvary to provide THE way of Salvation to all those who want to believe you and what I am doing, which is THE good news.

ALL the Disciples did NOT want the suffering Lamb.
ALL the Disciples wanted the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, right now.

Jesus' response? “Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.”

Right Divider

Body part
Grow up Right Divider.

If you followed Paul as Paul followed Christ you would never say anything disparaging about a brother or sister in Christ who was caught in a fault, even the worst of them. Paul would have been the first one to extend his hand to the fallen brother or sister and explain to him/her the why they fell and bring them back to Jesus Christ and what Christ did at the Cross of Calvary. Talk about compassion. You can see the perfection of Christ in Paul.
I was NOT talking about his "caught in a fault", I was talking about his FALSE DOCTRINES.

Apparently, you have NO discernment at all regarding true and false doctrines.

You, Right Divider, don't even come close to the dust left by Paul's feet following Christ. Not even close to the dust.
Well la de da, who's the JUDGE now?

I wonder if you would have the guts to stand up to the whole world and admit you are not perfect when you are in the pinnacle and flying high and doing hidden wrong things and people not knowing how much you cry to the Lord that you do not want to do and you continue to do them anyway, just like Paul, just in case you have forgotten.
ONCE AGAIN, I was not judging him BUT HIS FALSE DOCTRINE.

Praise God for Paul's wrong doing and he being given the revelation of how to stop doing the wrong doing he was going AS A CHRISTIAN.

I wonder what you would do to Ted Haggard, you so compassionate righteous pharisee.
So I guess that name calling is part of your Christian duty.

I have personally seen a church be totally destroyed because of righteous pharisees like you. I would much rather be counted with the publicans.

And you can take this whatever way you want.
I take it, once again, that you cannot have a discussion of Bible doctrine without getting all bent out of shape and frantic.