ECT How is Paul's message different?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh, Tet, Oh, Tet, Oh, Tet. :doh:

But Peter said, “Never, Lord! For not once in my life have I ever eaten anything common or unclean.”

Peter said that in regards to eating unclean animals.

After the sheet vision, Peter was told to go to Cornelius' house, and he went without objection (Peter's own words)

As I said, MAD perpetuates the lie that Cornelius went reluctantly, was dragged kicking and screaming, went with objection, etc.

lifeisgood

Peter said that in regards to eating unclean animals.

After the sheet vision, Peter was told to go to Cornelius' house, and he went without objection (Peter's own words)

As I said, MAD perpetuates the lie that Cornelius went reluctantly, was dragged kicking and screaming, went with objection, etc.

Oh, Tet, Oh, Tet, Oh, Tet. :doh:

lifeisgood

Stop spreading MAD lies.

Peter went WITHOUT OBJECTION.

Oh Tet, Oh Tet, Oh Tet. :doh:

He had no other choice but to go.
Let's see what were the first words Peter pronounced when he entered Cornelius' unclean house? I, Peter, came without raising any objection? No! Peter did not say that.

Peter's first words were:
You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile.

Translation, I, Peter, did not come of my own accord, I came because I had no other alternative because My Lord and My God, whom I love supremely, has had to hit me three times on the head telling me that you gentiles are the same as we Jews and I am to preach to you Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary, even though it never occurred to me to do such without Him hitting me three times.

Had the Lord not hit Peter on the head three times and ORDERED Peter to go and enter a Gentile house and preach the Gospel to unclean people, PETER WOULD NEVER HAVE GONE OUT OF HIS OWN ACCORD. Get a grip, Tet.

And THEN times later even though Peter saw it, Peter touched it, Peter understood Paul's understanding, Peter was still not in too much agreement with the Lord:

Gal. 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

lifeisgood

That's not true either. He could have not gone, like Jonah.

You can keep trying to perpetuate the MAD lie all you want. However, it's not true.

In Peter's own words, Peter went without objection.

Oh Tet, oh Tet, oh Tet. :doh:

I do not believe I said that Peter went objecting, for I didn’t.
It’s that issue you have reading for understanding.

I do not believe I said that Peter did not say ‘I went without objection’, for I didn't.

I believe I said that had NOT the Lord hit Peter three times on the head, Peter WOULD NEVER OUT OF HIS OWN ACCORD enter a Gentile house. Therefore, even though Peter said He went without objection, which he did, he did so, because he had no other alternative but to go because he loves the Lord supremely and the Lord hit Peter on the head three times and told Peter to go, so he went.

Remember, that Peter and the other Disciples were given the Great Commission?

When did Peter and the other Disciples ever enter a Gentile house and preach the Gospel to them?
Not, until the Lord hit Peter three times on the head and told him to go.

Did Peter before the Lord hit him on the head three times, ever, NEVER EVER, enter a Gentile home and preach the Gospel to the unclean members of that household. No, Peter and the other Disciples did not!

Cornelius’ incident happened years AFTER the Great Commission and it happened ONLY because the Lord hit Peter three times on the head to go preach to Gentiles.

Get a grip, Tet.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I do not believe I said that Peter did not say ‘I went without objection’, for I didn't.

Here is what you said:
Peter really was not in too much of an agreement with the Lord

Here is what Peter said:

(Acts 10:29) So when I was sent for, I came without raising any objection....

Like I said, you perpetuate the MAD lie.

STP said Peter was dragged kicking and screaming to Cornelius' house.

chickenman said Peter went reluctantly to Cornelius' house.

Peter's own words prove you guys wrong.

Right Divider

Body part
Same Gospel for God ONLY has ONE since before the foundation of the world.

Incomplete understanding of God's Gospel for one (Peter).
Complete understanding of God's Gospel for the other (Paul).
What about the other eleven? You know, the TWELVE apostles for the TWELVE tribes of Israel.

Your understanding is more like what you think Peter's was.

There are many Christians who love the Lord supremely in these our modern times who are like Peter and others who are like Paul and it has brought much discourse in the BOC but in the end, they both agree --- Jesus Christ and what He did at the Cross of Calvary is the ONLY way to Salvation. There is no other way, for no other way is needed.
There are many gospels in the Bible. Gospel just means "good news".

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do believe it's the same gospel but Peter preached the DBR.

Pull up the rest of the message. He leveled a murder indictment for them, and said God raised him up to sit upon the throne of David. He did not say the Lord died for their sin and it was over.

He told them to change their ways so they could receive remission of sin and the day of refreshing (free from sin) would come.

Right Divider

Body part
Pull up the rest of the message. He leveled a murder indictment for them, and said God raised him up to sit upon the throne of David. He did not say the Lord died for their sin and it was over.

He told them to change their ways so they could receive remission of sin and the day of refreshing (free from sin) would come.
It's just so clear if read without the bias of "Churchianity".

They just don't want to understand the truth.

lifeisgood

Here is what you said:

Here is what Peter said:

(Acts 10:29) So when I was sent for, I came without raising any objection....

Like I said, you perpetuate the MAD lie.

STP said Peter was dragged kicking and screaming to Cornelius' house.

chickenman said Peter went reluctantly to Cornelius' house.

Peter's own words prove you guys wrong.

I stand by what I said:
'Peter really was not in too much of an agreement with the Lord'.

Peter went because the Lord ordered him to go by hitting him on the head three times YEARS AFTER the Lord had told him and the other Disciples to go and preach and they had not obeyed the Lord YEARS AFTER.

Peter NEVER obeyed the Lord when the Lord told him and the other Disciples to go and preach everywhere. Remember, the great commission.

Peter did not go willingly.
Peter obeyed, but he did not go willingly.
Peter went because the Lord had to shame him in a vision three times so that he would do what the Lord had ordered him and the other Disciples YEARS BEFORE.

Remember the Cornelius' episode happened YEARS AFTER the Great Commission and that ONLY because the Lord hit Peter on the head three times in a vision.

Get a grip, Tet.