ECT How is Paul's message different?

turbosixx

I haven’t gone through it all yet but this jumped out at me and I want to correctly understand what he is saying here.

The governing covenant for Israel throughout the Gospels and into the Acts period was the Covenant of Circumcision. Hence Peter and the other apostles would soon be surprised at God's acceptance of uncircumcised Gentiles (after Acts 9). Thus, the sons of Abraham were still the sons of the covenant in Acts 3:

So is he saying what established the dispensation of grace was the calling of Paul and not the D,B &R of Jesus?

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Jesus preached the Kingdom of God. Paul preached Jesus Christ. Where does the difference stem except man has turned the explanation of the kingdom into a means to divide believers.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
FYI

Everything that precedes this post is from a different thread that was closed.

Knight did us the favor of moving all the posts relevant to this unfinished discussion here so it could have a thread of its own.

Thanks Knight!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It doesn't say gospel "of" but "to"

Let's try that and see if it helps.

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the gentile had been committed to me, as the gospel for the Jews was to Peter

So this is your claim as to the meaning? Yes, I changed it for clarification on your claim. It said circumcision, not Jew. I just want you to say yes or no to the meaning.

turbosixx

Let's try that and see if it helps.

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the gentile had been committed to me, as the gospel for the Jews was to Peter

So this is your claim as to the meaning? Yes, I changed it for clarification on your claim. It said circumcision, not Jew. I just want you to say yes or no to the meaning.

Yes, I understand circumcision to mean Jews.

The way I understand it, it says "the" gospel not one gospel for Jews and one for Gentile. Same gospel just a different audience.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus preached the Kingdom of God. Paul preached Jesus Christ.

And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:21-22 NKJV)

Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house and received all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him. (Acts 28:30-31 NKJV)​

Paul preached the gospel of the kingdom of God which is based on grace.

DAN P

Are these different gospels than the gospel of grace because they are not called the gospel of grace?
Rom. 1:9 For God, whom I serve in my spirit in the preaching of the gospel of His Son,
Rom. 15:16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles, ministering as a priest the gospel of God,
Phil. 1:27 Watever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.
Eph. 6:15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Because Paul is the only one to use the term "gospel of grace" does not make it a different gospel. They are all based on Christ.

Hi and just where did Peter preach the gospel of Grace ??

In Acts 20:24 , Paul did preach the GOSPEL of Grace !!

DAN P

turbosixx

And when they had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:21-22 NKJV)

Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house and received all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him. (Acts 28:30-31 NKJV)​

Paul preached the gospel of the kingdom of God which is based on grace.

Yep, and that's the last chapter in Acts. In one of Paul's last letters he says:

Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,

heir

TOL Subscriber
Because Paul is the only one to use the term "gospel of grace" does not make it a different gospel. They are all based on Christ.

The gospel of the grace of God that Paul would testify (Acts 20:24 KJV) is the same good news as the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), but not a "mystery" "according to the scriptures" (hidden in the scriptures until Paul (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) nor to the Jew first and also to the Greek as was the gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16 KJV), but an "all men" inclusion (Titus 2:11 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV) to even Gentiles such as we (Titus 2:11 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJ Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV). It is a "but now" (Ephesians 2:13 KJV) dispensation of the grace of God truth and make no mistake about it, it was before a mystery, not made known to the sons of men/unsearchable/hid in God (Ephesians 3:1-12 KJV).

turbosixx

If that is the case, you'll have no problem showing from scripture in Acts 2 where Peter preached "that Christ died for our sins". Go ahead. Show us.

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ-this Jesus whom you crucified."
37 Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethren, what shall we do?" 38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins;

heir

TOL Subscriber
Are these different gospels than the gospel of grace because they are not called the gospel of grace?
Rom. 1:9 For God, whom I serve in my spirit in the preaching of the gospel of His Son,
Rom. 15:16 to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles, ministering as a priest the gospel of God,
Phil. 1:27 Watever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.
Eph. 6:15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

The gospel of God is the WHO of Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead (Romans 1:1-4 KJV).

The gospel of Christ is the WHY of the cross and is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV) although today technically referred to as the gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24 KJV) to all men without distinction 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know for certain that God has made Him both Lord and Christ-this Jesus whom you crucified."
37 Now when they heard this, they were pierced to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Brethren, what shall we do?" 38 Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins;
Nope. It doesn't say "that Christ died for our sins". Peter didn't know Christ was dying for anyone's sins in Acts 2. Peter didn't even know Paul's gospel until Paul went up by revelation of Jesus Christ and communicated it to him (Acts 15).

Galatians 2:1 Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.

Galatians 2:2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

heir

TOL Subscriber
BTW, the verses say

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

they look forward to the blotting out of sins at the times of refreshing that shall come from the presence of the Lord. You've heard this before. When will you believe it?

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Acts 3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

Acts 3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

turbosixx

Nope. It doesn't say "that Christ died for our sins".

Lord and Christ-this Jesus whom you crucified

This doesn't say Jesus is Lord and Christ and that he died? They knew he did because they had him killed.

in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins

This doesn't say that in his name they will have their sins forgiven?

I'm sorry, but you are just refusing to see just because Paul didn't say it.

turbosixx

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Can they receive the HS if they're not in Christ?

heir

TOL Subscriber

This doesn't say Jesus is Lord and Christ and that he died? They knew he did because they had him killed.

A murder indictment is not the gospel of Christ. The gospel of Christ cannot be found in Acts 2. It was a mystery and Paul tells us why:

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

heir

TOL Subscriber

At Pentecost (A Jewish Holy day), Peter preached a murder indictment to all the house of Israel (Acts 2:22-23, Acts 2:36), that they had murdered their Messiah, the Lord Jesus Christ, but that God hath raised Him up!

Acts 2:22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.
Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:
Acts 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
Acts 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Acts 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Acts 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Acts 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
Acts 2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.
Acts 2:34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,
Acts 2:35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool.
Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Notice, their reaction!

Acts 2:37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Peter told them what they must do for the remission of sins. They must REPENT (change their mind) about WHO Jesus Christ was and be identified (baptized) in water for the remission of sins.

Peter did not tell them "Christ died for our sins" as good news to them!